PDA

View Full Version : Castletown Chip Shop

gary.b
28-Oct-05, 23:21
WOW.......Just finished a fantastic feed up from Castletown Chipper. Thought we would give the Pasta dishes a try, just for a change, and ......well I must say it was GREAT. Food was freshly cooked, pipeing hot, and plenty of it. Definatly a re-visit will be in order. Try it for yourselves.

Angel-Eyes
30-Oct-05, 10:38
I live in Wick n i dont fancy traveling all the way to Castletoon 4 a bag o chips. The Henrietta chipper in WIck does really good chips all fresh and always hot too!! :D

Big G
05-Nov-05, 22:03
i Love Castletown chippie - i love their hotdogs and polonys. They also do pizzas and spag bol dishes - must try that the next time!!

Lavenderblue2
05-Nov-05, 23:14
I agree wholeheartedly about the Castletown Chip Shop. I went there for the first time last night and it was excellent!! I haven't had such good fish and chips since I last visited Yorkshire.

I would heartily recommend the chippie in Castletown and I really hope that the fellow who has it keeps up the standard he has now – so very often these places start off good and then it all goes to pot.

LB

ben1234
07-Nov-05, 22:59
I agree. I had a supper from the Castletown chip shop too and
can honestly say it was the best red rory i'v ever tasted.
I will certainly be going back again!!!!!!!!!!

angela5
07-Nov-05, 23:12
Red Rory? From The Castletown Chip Shop? Can You Enlighten Us!!

ben1234
07-Nov-05, 23:24
Are you tellin me you've never had a red rory. Get yourself along to castletown ,its well worth the journey.

angela5
07-Nov-05, 23:26
I Was There On Friday,, New Menu Since?

angela5
07-Nov-05, 23:27
Can Anyone Tell Me Whats Happended To The Harbour Cafe?
Its Getting So Run Down

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Nov-05, 15:43
I'll be damned if I can find a chipper in Edinburgh that sells Red Puddings. There was one, once, up in Tollcross for while, but it's since vanished. Try asking for a patty and you'll see the whites of the chip man's eyes glaze over. If only Robins were a chain...

wicker
10-Nov-05, 16:11
Anyone been upto the caravan on wick side near sinclair terrace, hell its tasty and cheap when you wanting a quick snack

Fluff
10-Nov-05, 17:10
I'll be damned if I can find a chipper in Edinburgh that sells Red Puddings. There was one, once, up in Tollcross for while, but it's since vanished. Try asking for a patty and you'll see the whites of the chip man's eyes glaze over. If only Robins were a chain...

I have the same problem pepsi, anywhere south of inverness (havnt tried aberdeen) you get funny looks if you ask for a red pudding!
I havnt been home since march and i am dyin for a red pudding supper from robbins!!

twee dledum
11-Nov-05, 01:29
Sinclair Terrace is beside the Library isnt it?

wicker
11-Nov-05, 09:30
eh ok might be sinclair drive then not sure

angela5
15-Nov-05, 21:36
Anyone been upto the caravan on wick side near sinclair terrace, hell its tasty and cheap when you wanting a quick snack

i tried that once ugh!:p