PDA

View Full Version : org forum error base

silverfox57
20-Feb-08, 21:10
hi has anyone had forum shut down over last two days ? started a thread last night,was just going to press post up came error, took 3 times before forum would open, org main page opens fine,tonight but forum still slow to open ,:eek:

justine
20-Feb-08, 21:22
yep we could not get on last night for at least an hour..Still slow but have managed to get in, well obviously ,im posting again....

miranda
20-Feb-08, 21:24
couldnt get on monday and tuesday night for a while!! seems to be happening more often:(

nanoo
20-Feb-08, 21:29
Last night i had a problem as well. Pages were taking forever to load and eventually i got so fed up, i logged out and went surfing the net for a while, when i tried to log in again, no joy. I kept trying every 15 minutes or so but after about an hour, i gave up,:~(

ciderally
20-Feb-08, 22:10
yep thought it was this end...

justine
20-Feb-08, 22:11
anyone else get the feeling that we may be getting blocked on purpose...It seems funny to me that if you argue with certain people, the next time you try to log on it either comes up with a blank page, or data error..never had this problem before.But i suppose the people to ask would be the mods...

How safe is the pm system on here..is is totally safe or can the mods read these aswell..

silverfox57
20-Feb-08, 22:23
hi justine i feel the same as the thread was about to post was on that very matter?maybe just as will it never got posted ,

Bobinovich
20-Feb-08, 22:24
The server problems have been noticed by the provider and plans are afoot to change Caithness.org across to a new more reliable server shortly. This will hopefully resolve the many frequent problems we've ALL been experiencing.

On a personal note my own business website and e-mail are both on the same server so I am all too aware when the server goes down. I for one will be very grateful when I am moved to the new server!

In answer to your queries Justine No, no-one is getting blocked on purpose and No, Mods cannot read PMs other than their own.

ciderally
20-Feb-08, 22:29
The server problems have been noticed by the provider and plans are afoot to change Caithness.org across to a new more reliable server shortly. This will hopefully resolve the many frequent problems we've ALL been experiencing.

On a personal note my own business website and e-mail are both on the same server so I am all too aware when the server goes down. I for one will be very grateful when I am moved to the new server!

In answer to your queries Justine No, no-one is getting blocked on purpose and No, Mods cannot read PMs other than their own.

well now we know..thanks

ak1
i havn't been arguing with anyone and i aint been able to get on the last few nights

Kenn
Think you will find that at certain times if the server gets overloaded the band width will be reduced and the heaviest used sites will either be closed or become very slow.
Unfortunately this is beyond the control of the orgmasters.

Riffman
20-Feb-08, 22:59
Well they could just cough up and buy more bandwidth :confused

It is annoyingly slow, to the point where I only look in once a day if that.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 36 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 24 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Metalattakk
20-Feb-08, 23:27
anyone else get the feeling that we may be getting blocked on purpose...It seems funny to me that if you argue with certain people, the next time you try to log on it either comes up with a blank page, or data error..never had this problem before.But i suppose the people to ask would be the mods...

Afraid that's the legacy of the F.U.D. (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) cast by the Miserable User debacle of a year ago.

How safe is the pm system on here..is is totally safe or can the mods read these aswell..

I cannot speak for this forum, but many (if not most) allow moderators access to any private mails. Heh, maybe I'm just cynical. But maybe I'm not. ;)

ywindythesecond
20-Feb-08, 23:31
Well they could just cough up and buy more bandwidth :confused

It is annoyingly slow, to the point where I only look in once a day if that.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 36 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 24 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Maybe it is your own connection Riffman.

What really annoys me about today's problems is how it is always "THEY" who get it wrong. Not saying you can do anything about your connection Riffman, but I believe "WE" should generally do more for ourselves.

justine
20-Feb-08, 23:47
Afraid that's the legacy of the F.U.D. (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) cast by the Miserable User debacle of a year ago.

I cannot speak for this forum, but many (if not most) allow moderators access to any private mails. Heh, maybe I'm just cynical. But maybe I'm not. ;)

You got me here metal, never heard about the Miserable user debacle..What did i miss. It seems like you are telling me that someone came out with a miserable user thread..How can anyone say that someone is a miserable user.Does that mean people who arent intouch with reality or just those that
people dont like...

I was wondering about the pm.I am a member of a fwe forums and i know there have been breeches of privacy on them a few times..I hope that what is said privately is kept private.I dont think i would be too chuffed if i found out people were reading my pm,s but then there is no way to actually find out..Is there?????????

See we can have a decent conversation.I knew it was possible..[lol]

Metalattakk
20-Feb-08, 23:52
You got me here metal, never heard about the Miserable user debacle..What did i miss. It seems like you are telling me that someone came out with a miserable user thread..How can anyone say that someone is a miserable user.Does that mean people who arent intouch with reality or just those that
people dont like...

I'll PM you with the details of what happened, see if they block the PM, eh? :D

justine
20-Feb-08, 23:56
I'll PM you with the details of what happened, see if they block the PM, eh? :D

Dont be getting yourself into trouble on my account..But it would be good to see if they block it...;)

changilass
21-Feb-08, 00:09
Do tell!!!

Did they block it or do you now know all

justine
21-Feb-08, 00:14
Do tell!!!

Did they block it or do you now know all

See if you can get into my private email...everyoine else seems to be able too..:lol:

changilass
21-Feb-08, 00:18
I get stumped getting into my own at times, no chance getting into yours, but would love to know how others can.

justine
21-Feb-08, 00:20
I get stumped getting into my own at times, no chance getting into yours, but would love to know how others can.

wouldn't we all like to know the answer to that, but it is down to the powers to make sure we do have a private pm system...

But then i suppose i anit that worried as i am not the kind to hide things.as some may have realised by now...

Torvaig
21-Feb-08, 02:55

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: Just thought some peeps have not read Bob's post...

JAWS
21-Feb-08, 03:05
I suspect that paranoia has more to do with it than anybody not having seen the explanation from Bobinovich.

Help, I'm being picked on, my smilies aren't working! Quick, check your smilies somebody might be picking on you too!

Metalattakk
21-Feb-08, 03:13
It's pretty dangerous to believe everything you are told.

Hey, where is fred by the way?? :D

Riffman
21-Feb-08, 16:47
Maybe it is your own connection Riffman.

What really annoys me about today's problems is how it is always "THEY" who get it wrong. Not saying you can do anything about your connection Riffman, but I believe "WE" should generally do more for ourselves.

You mean I should pay for more org bandwidth?

How come therefore that every other site I look at runs at the full 2MB/s and the org barely loads some days?

Julia
21-Feb-08, 17:30
I don't think anything on here is 'private', certainly not PM's anyway;) A pinch of paranoia may be healthy in this regard.