PDA

View Full Version : coop delivery

dragon10
20-Feb-08, 19:25
I got a coop delivery today and what a great service they provide does anyone think the same?

balto
20-Feb-08, 19:43
aye they are really good very polite aswell, long may it continue

kriklah
20-Feb-08, 20:16
yep, i get my shopping delivered from coop every week, and find it a great service. Keith ( it think thats his name!) is very friendly and helpful.

Macwull
20-Feb-08, 21:56
We've used Tesco.com since end of last year and service is excellent esp the drivers, nothings a problem! Saves going into the shop too! esp wi a 2 year old!! That £5 delivery is the best i spend all week and it saves me money cos were not tempted to buy any :lol: Bargains!! :lol:

dragon10
21-Feb-08, 14:44
Aye but if you live in the town and walk to the shop you would save £5 by not paying for delivery as the co-op offer free delivery, supermarkets get enough money off us customers without having to pay to have our shopping delivered, plus what about the older generation that don't have pcs, they are discriminated against by Tesco as they cannot get their shopping delivered and with the coop you know you will get everything you want as you have picked it yourself whereas Tesco often substitute items or leave them off the delivery so you end up going to the local shops as well, plus you don't have to wait days for your food. We had a tesco delivery once and firstly they couldnt find the house which is in the middle of town and then they were late and to top it off they tipped the boxes containing my shopping off the trolley they use to carry it so I had smashed eggs, biscuits and squashed bread, yeah I could have complained but then I would have to wait another day or so for these items to be replaced or get my money back. That was our first and last experience with them.

The co-op delivery lads carry the boxes in themselves, never had a problem whatever day of the week I get my shopping, be it Monday through to Saturday and are always on time, polite and you always know you will get the same delivery driver as there is only 2 of them in Thurso, both excellent.

DeHaviLand
21-Feb-08, 14:50
yeah I could have complained but then I would have to wait another day or so for these items to be replaced or get my money back. That was our first and last experience with them.

So you didn't complain, and rather than wait another day for the items, you didnt have them at all?:( Doesn't make sense:confused

Macwull
21-Feb-08, 15:52
I understand you had a bad experience, but tesco aren't descriminating against old people as they offer online shopping, you could say your being ageist saying that people that are older don't have pc's!! or if the co-op doesn't do online shoppping does that discriminate against us who want to shop online!?! So not really a valid point!?
Yeah sometimes they do substitute or not have items available but in my experience that is few and far between.
I've got to say i'd rather save my hour and a half on shopping and spend it with my son playing!!

dragon10
21-Feb-08, 18:02
I didn't say I didn't have them at all. The items were needed that day so unfortunately had to visit local shop. Don't get me wrong I did complain to the driver who advised me I would have to give the items to him to return, it would then be invesigated & a replacement delivered the next day they were in the town. I was also told I'd have to phone and complain before he got back.

So you didn't complain, and rather than wait another day for the items, you didnt have them at all?:( Doesn't make sense:confused

dragon10
21-Feb-08, 18:06
Fair points apart from the last line which I would disagree with, although like yourself I would much rather play with my kids than shop, I do think it takes quite a long time to order the goods online for your first order so not really saving you that much time.

Good and bad points about all stores I think we all agree but the delivery guys and service at the co-op which was my original post are doing a great job so thanks lads.

I understand you had a bad experience, but tesco aren't descriminating against old people as they offer online shopping, you could say your being ageist saying that people that are older don't have pc's!! or if the co-op doesn't do online shoppping does that discriminate against us who want to shop online!?! So not really a valid point!?
Yeah sometimes they do substitute or not have items available but in my experience that is few and far between.
I've got to say i'd rather save my hour and a half on shopping and spend it with my son playing!!

Buttercup
21-Feb-08, 20:32
Aye but if you live in the town and walk to the shop you would save £5 by not paying for delivery as the co-op offer free delivery, supermarkets get enough money off us customers without having to pay to have our shopping delivered, plus what about the older generation that don't have pcs, they are discriminated against by Tesco as they cannot get their shopping delivered and with the coop you know you will get everything you want as you have picked it yourself whereas Tesco often substitute items or leave them off the delivery so you end up going to the local shops as well, plus you don't have to wait days for your food. We had a tesco delivery once and firstly they couldnt find the house which is in the middle of town and then they were late and to top it off they tipped the boxes containing my shopping off the trolley they use to carry it so I had smashed eggs, biscuits and squashed bread, yeah I could have complained but then I would have to wait another day or so for these items to be replaced or get my money back. That was our first and last experience with them.

The co-op delivery lads carry the boxes in themselves, never had a problem whatever day of the week I get my shopping, be it Monday through to Saturday and are always on time, polite and you always know you will get the same delivery driver as there is only 2 of them in Thurso, both excellent.

I've had approx 12 deliveries from Tesco's and in that time have only had 2 different drivers. Both were very polite, friendly and very helpfully ~ neither have used a trolley to take my shopping in.
If you've only had 1 delivery how can you say that "Tesco often substitute items or leave them off the delivery"? There's an option on everything you buy to substitute yourself/shop substitute or no substitute.
You're account is only charged when you sign the driver's pad and as he takes any unwanted/damaged items with him and deducts them from your bill you don't have to wait days to get a refund.
You can also choose the time for delivery up until late evening, so if you've had to wait days for your's, that must've been down to yourself. :confused
I used to always shop in the Coop but got disheartened when they were forever out of stock of the everyday things I wanted. But thanks for letting me know that they now deliver everyones shopping free of charge, last time I knew was only pensioners that got that.
All the same I think I'll stick with Tesco's now. :D

Macwull
21-Feb-08, 21:08
Your first online shop doesn't take that long actually, things you have bought on your clubcard are marked in it so you can just select them, after that its pretty much just copying orders, 10mins at most! That would be how long it is to get to tesco's and back! So def time well spent. Can't remember last time I was in the co-op in wick and I can't comment on the drivers/delivery as I've never used the service.