PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Football

Wick10
20-Feb-08, 17:32
Hello, is there any ladies out there who would like to take up football its not just a male game, would be good if someone thought about taken training its worth ago don't you think. Be great if there was a ladies highland league :roll:

ashaw1
20-Feb-08, 20:52
Would love to!

Moonboots
21-Feb-08, 11:37
I know that there was a few ladies trying to get a football team started in Thurso. they has the gym hall but Im not sure if they are still going.

I think a womans football teams would be good.. I think the best way round is getting training first then maye try and get into a small league like the Caithness 7s league first to make sure you have enough bodies to cover a team.

Wick10
21-Feb-08, 16:24
yes i do remember something about the ladies football in thurso i did get in contact with them but didn't hear any more about it, caithness 7's would be good but its getting someone to train and where? :roll:

Moonboots
21-Feb-08, 21:32
Basically you need someone with a training certificate and someone who can provide first aid. Once you have this then all you need is to find a place to train which probably the best place would be is the games hall or gym in the high schools

Sandra
22-Feb-08, 13:46
When I moved up here 4 years ago I tried setting up a Ladies team. Got alot of interest but sadly not enough to hold regular training sessions.

I contacted the 7's league to see if we could join them. They would have been very happy for us to do so, but it never happened.

I also went on some coaching courses ran by Ross County.

Basically was lacking general support for a ladies team (no one was pepared to help, and those that said they would didn't), lacking interest (especially during winter, when cold & dark & wet), lacking a suitable training venue (we used the Bower School football field for free).

There were also issues of payment for a venue, but perhaps if we had joined the 7's that might not have been a problem.

Anyway, I'd be interested in joining a team if you get one set-up.

Moonboots
23-Feb-08, 03:22
One more thing i might add that if you get the numbers then get a sponsor for a set of strips and hopefully they will provide some funds to go towards the costs of entering the 7's league.

Let me know if you want some help

STUDMUFFIN
23-Feb-08, 11:08
my wife would love to participate. could you keep me informed please.

Hibeechick
25-Feb-08, 10:37
Count me in aswell!

danc1ngwitch
25-Feb-08, 19:09
:eek: ermmmmm i can take the black eyes and i'd b happy ta keep the public entertained. Count me in. ( yes i can run )[lol]

Wick10
26-Feb-08, 16:30
we have a few ladies interested in the game but do you know of anyone whom would like to train us, i'm not sure who to ask about this bit :eek:

dc1
26-Feb-08, 19:00
hey there. im dc1's daughter and i would also like to play football. why dont you try some of the wick academy players or people involved as some of them have coaching certificates.

Moonboots
26-Feb-08, 21:08
Pretty soon theres going to be level 1 and 2 coaching sessions. im not sure how long this will be but I will let you know when i find out more.

Sandra
28-Feb-08, 20:33
I've done the level 1 & 2 SFA coaching courses, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing the coaching on my own.

You would need someone much more experienced than me.

Wick10
29-Feb-08, 15:09
I have been asking around but still waiting for replys, hopefully someone will train us, thats good to know that you have level 1 & 2

Moonboots
02-Mar-08, 15:40
I would get in contact with the Caithness Boys Football Association as they are arranging courses for coaching soon and maybe they could put someone through it for a small fee or either put you in the right direction.

Moonboots
02-Mar-08, 15:59
Im going to be doing my coaching course soon and might be able to help out if need be

gemma89
02-Mar-08, 16:51
where can you find out about doing coaching courses?

Moonboots
03-Mar-08, 12:21
where can you find out about doing coaching courses?

You would be better to contact the CAFA and they might be able to advise but I will try and find out a number and forward it to you.

gemma89
03-Mar-08, 12:22
thanks. :Razz

little miss sunshine
04-Mar-08, 16:06
I MOVED TO WICK 5 YEARS BACK AND HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SET UP A TEAM SINCE.

I PLAYED FOR 10YEARS FOR BURY LADIES FC AND HELP SET UP THE GIRLS ACADEMY WITH A LOTTERY GRANT.

I HAVE MY FA JUNIOR MANAGES CERTIFICATE AND USED TO COACH GIRLS AND BOYS 5-16.

I WOULD LOVE TO SORT OUT A LADIES...AND MAYBE GIRLS TEAM BUT NEED TO GET ADULT COACHING CERTIFICATES.

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF THE NEW ALL WEATHER AT WICK HIGH AS A VENUE. I KNOW OF A GOOD 7'S TOURNAMENT IN ENGLAND IN JUNE/JULY THAT COULD BE ENTERED IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PIT THE TIME IN

:Razz

ashaw1
04-Mar-08, 18:51
Does this mean it might actually happen then?

little miss sunshine
04-Mar-08, 19:05
IF THE LADY WITH THE CERTIFICATES BUT NOT THE WANT TO TAKE IT ON HERSELF PM'S ME THEN I WOULD GLADLY HELP TO TRY AND GET THIS UNDERWAY.

:Razz

little miss sunshine
04-Mar-08, 19:09
If Sandra Is Still Interested In Sharing Coaching Then I Don't See Why This Can't Happen. I Was One Of The Few Who Went To The Last Attempt She Made.

I Also May Have A Sponsor In Mind

wild1
04-Mar-08, 23:37
Count me in I'll be there good way of getting fit and I can kick a ball

Wick10
05-Mar-08, 17:17
I'm liking the sound of this, lets just keep trying and hopefully we will get it together ladies ;)

little miss sunshine
05-Mar-08, 21:49
i'm still waiting on a pm from sandra re a team, but in the mean time if ladies just want to have a friendly kick around then lets just do it and go from there!!

bignold park has plenty of spare grass, and i'm sure i can sort some cones for make shift goals!;)

who's in???

and what night??

Wick10
05-Mar-08, 23:45
Count me in i'm up for it can't do Thursdays though :Razz

Hibeechick
06-Mar-08, 13:29
i'm still waiting on a pm from sandra re a team, but in the mean time if ladies just want to have a friendly kick around then lets just do it and go from there!!

bignold park has plenty of spare grass, and i'm sure i can sort some cones for make shift goals!;)

who's in???

and what night??

Yup count me in! Can usually make any night but on the odd occassions differs depending on work etc!

ashaw1
06-Mar-08, 16:45
Can't wait! Pretty much any night for me!

STUDMUFFIN
06-Mar-08, 20:57
hi i'm studmuffin's soon to be wife. i'd love to join the team or just meet up for a kick about. i currently just have a kick about in the field with the dog but so far we've gone through about ten balls and apart from chewing them he's not very good at returning the ball.

wild1
06-Mar-08, 21:10
Hi I can come any night apart from a tuesday

little miss sunshine
06-Mar-08, 23:41
ok we need at least 8 people really ten would be best!!!

how about a thursday followed by a friendly drink to make a plan of action?????????????????:confused

little miss sunshine
06-Mar-08, 23:43
sorry wild1 forgot u can't do thursdays!!! how about a sunday afternoon for the first get together and we'll go from there???:Razz

ashaw1
07-Mar-08, 01:35
As long as it's not this sunday as Hibbeechick and i have a wedding fayre to attend!

STUDMUFFIN
07-Mar-08, 08:17
studmuffin's missus again, please let me know where and when and i'll be there.

Hibeechick
07-Mar-08, 10:49
As long as it's not this sunday as Hibbeechick and i have a wedding fayre to attend!

I cant make any sunday at all in march :(

Sandra
07-Mar-08, 13:21
I can make most weeknights, except Wednesdays for about another 5 or 6 weeks.

Saturday and Sunday afternoons are ok with me too.

Wick10
08-Mar-08, 11:54
What day would be suitable for everyone then, Monday, Friday or Saturday afternoon?

ashaw1
08-Mar-08, 13:29
Probably monday or friday for me!

STUDMUFFIN
08-Mar-08, 23:47
studmuffins missus again, friday or monday would be good for me also. where are you all thinking of meeting up?

little miss sunshine
09-Mar-08, 21:46
i'm available every night except tuesdays, due to darts.

have had a pm from sandra and would like to get a training plan up and running so watch this space!!!

this will happen...i'm currently enquiring about venues....would anyone begrudge paying a pound or two for facilities???:confused

Hibeechick
10-Mar-08, 10:48
i'm available every night except tuesdays, due to darts.

have had a pm from sandra and would like to get a training plan up and running so watch this space!!!

this will happen...i'm currently enquiring about venues....would anyone begrudge paying a pound or two for facilities???:confused

Wouldnt be a problem at all!

Monday or friday would suit me best... after march a sundays are fine too

STUDMUFFIN
10-Mar-08, 15:31
studmuffins missus (al) don't mind paying a few quid at all. do we need new balls?

ashaw1
10-Mar-08, 16:42
Wouldn't bother me either, might be able to get a better venue that way.

-Sarah-
10-Mar-08, 17:52
I wouldnt mind a kick about, count me in too

Wick10
12-Mar-08, 10:43
I don't mind paying at all, if any of you ladies have any friends who are interested bring them along to, the more the better ;)

Sandra
12-Mar-08, 13:05
I don't mind paying either.

danc1ngwitch
12-Mar-08, 15:47
so what is accually happing?
Is there a meeting?
Is there goin to b a fittness test?
No point bantering about it, and then for it to fall through.
Clearness is what is needed instead of folks loggin on and thinkin ermmm so is it yes or no, etc etc.

Sandra
14-Mar-08, 13:46
First the 'organisers/coaches' would need to get together to arrange a plan of action, coaching ideas, so that when everyone gets together first a first kick-about/training session, we're not just stood about wondering what to do, looking like fools.

It has to be enjoyable and fun, so that people will turn up the next time.

So I think it will be just a case of be patient and watch this space. Things will hopefully happen in next 2-3 weeks.

Sandra
14-Mar-08, 13:50
Is there goin to b a fittness test?

It's for any ability. People will get fitter by playing.

No point bantering about it, and then for it to fall through.

If people offered to help, things might happen sooner.

Solskjaer
17-Mar-08, 19:00
hi i would love to come and play foootball and so would some of my friends. jst tell us where and when and we will be there

danc1ngwitch
19-Mar-08, 16:01
It's for any ability. People will get fitter by playing.

If people offered to help, things might happen sooner.
cough cough, wuld offer help but wea 6 kids and no help sorry no can do.
If able wuld turn up for kick about tho.

wild1
20-Mar-08, 10:40
Hi anyone know whats happening yet???

ashaw1
20-Mar-08, 13:01
I can see this getting forgotten about!

Brizer2k7
23-Mar-08, 17:33
If The Caithness ladies need me to do a website for them then give me a shout.

I have a new template you could use here?

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~brianmak/caithnessfootie2/Football%2002/football%2002.htm

Sandra
25-Mar-08, 13:12
if little miss sunshine can get back to me, then we can start arranging something.

ashaw1
02-Apr-08, 12:43
Just wondered what was happening!

Sandra
02-Apr-08, 12:56
I've not heard anything back.

I'm only prepared to assist others in setting this up, and will not do it on my own (been there done that, never again!).

Looks like the idea may be shelved!

rfcgav
02-Apr-08, 19:54
LADIES FOOTBALL :lol:

;)

beephope
18-Apr-08, 20:10
I'm be very interested in getting involved when I move up in June.
I don't have a coaching certificate, but I've been involved with a team in London and I'd be happy to help organise things.

lynsey
08-May-08, 18:40
im interested. ive got coach certificates through the sfa for coaching kids. keep me posted with details.

little miss sunshine
30-May-08, 20:58
sorry guys, gals...whatever...i'm still very much up for it just had no access to computer...have pm'd sandra to sort it.....watch this space!!!!

little miss sunshine
08-Jun-08, 22:45
unfortunately sandra can't do this at the mo but if lynsey pm'd me maybe we could sort out a session....as soon as possible

beephope
03-Jul-08, 13:00
Any chance we could manage a kick about over this or next weekend?
Nothing complicated, just say a time and place and see who turns up?