PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favourite food?

crayola
28-Oct-05, 21:02
What are your least favourite foods? Which food really disgusts you?

Kenn
28-Oct-05, 22:26
Snails poached in garlic!

Naefearjustbeer
28-Oct-05, 22:30
peas and coconuts.

Rheghead
28-Oct-05, 22:43
Bread pudding with milk, nutmeg and sultanas. yuk!

porshiepoo
28-Oct-05, 22:51
Macaroni cheese !!!!! :( :(

daviddd
28-Oct-05, 23:00
tofu - yeeuuuggghcchhhh!!!!!!!

George Brims
29-Oct-05, 00:25
Celery

champagnebaby
29-Oct-05, 02:02
Mutton! Bleurgh!! [disgust] :mad:

spiggie
29-Oct-05, 11:05
brussel sprouts and celery eeeeeeeeeek :mad:

zappster
29-Oct-05, 12:06
brussels sprouts..carrots(hot dinna mind raw ones),neeps,lamb,custard,sponge cake,peanut butter,pineapple,boiled tatties,fish with loadsa bones,custard creams,digestives(not chocolate)& theyre drinks i know but i cant stand tea,coffee & vodka or any cocktail with vodka in it

porshiepoo
29-Oct-05, 12:31
Marmite! :) Love it or hate it?

scotsboy
29-Oct-05, 12:38
I have a very catholic palate, the only thing I have a real aversion to eating is humble pie.

moose and Lindsay
29-Oct-05, 13:35
My kids will not eat mince and tatties, but make shepards pie or cottage pie and they will scoff it down :lol:

HOW STRANGE IS THAT

Rheghead
29-Oct-05, 14:53
My kids will not eat mince and tatties, but make shepards pie or cottage pie and they will scoff it down :lol:

HOW STRANGE IS THAT

Cottage/shepherds pie is such more hassle than mince and tatties for so little extra taste, they are the same dish really. It sounds to me that they just like to see you slave in the kitchen...

Give them M&T and mush it up a bit then call it shepherds pie, they'll never know the difference. :lol:

Blondie
29-Oct-05, 16:48
What a strange topic :lol:

Liver!

Julia
29-Oct-05, 17:21
Black olives, YUK!

Sianymo
29-Oct-05, 20:08
Broad Beans! Ughh!

EDDIE
29-Oct-05, 21:51
Well i hate eating muscles ive tried one and hated it because you keep chewing chewing and so on very hard to chew up before eating.

Rheghead
29-Oct-05, 23:27
Broad Beans! Ughh!

i agree, though it's not so much the taste but their texture when they are chewed. It is the chewing equivalent of scratching glass with sharp nails. LOL

Rubha_an_Tuir
30-Oct-05, 07:25
Weird Question, but I 'll eat pretty much anything however:

Strict No No's

Celery - This is the work of evil
Sultanas, Rasins, Currants - Just can't eat them
Sprouts - But I think this is a mind thing cause by parental food abuse when younger. I'd probably like them if i tried them now.

RaT

rgm1984
30-Oct-05, 08:16
ANYTHING green!!! Except green grapes, kiwis...and I think Pistachios!

Green stuff just has this flavor to it that makes me gag. :D [para]

Angel-Eyes
30-Oct-05, 10:34
Cheese. Yuck! I hate the stuff!! :p

DrSzin
30-Oct-05, 15:24
Tripe. I tried it once in Switzerland -- never ever again! It's like liver but it's white and 100 times worse than liver. It came in a bright red sauce. :eek:

Tongue. Ugh.

Tofu is an acquired no-no for me. I spent a week in Japan in '91 and got so sick of the stuff that I've never (knowingly) touched it since. I've had some real horrors in Japan but I have no idea what most of them were. The custard-like dessert with fish at the bottom was a bit of a shocker.

I'm surprised to see celery appear a few times. Love it. The same goes for black olives -- very aphro ;)

But I agree with porshiepoo on a couple of things at least: macaroni cheese & marmite. Yuck.

Never tried humble pie. What's it like?

porshiepoo
30-Oct-05, 15:58
But I agree with porshiepoo on a couple of things at least: macaroni cheese & marmite. Yuck.

I actually meant I liked Marmite. Thats why I put a big smiley there and asked the love it or hate it question. :eyes

Macaroni however remains to be the most disgusting food source known to man :p :p

Never tried humble pie. What's it like?[/quote]

Thats not because you've had no cause to though DrSzin :p lol
It's because you're more stubborn :lol: and opinionated :lol: than I am :lol: :lol:

htwood
30-Oct-05, 17:32
Raw oysters taste like the tidal mud they grew up in. Stewed okra is slimey grey/green. *shivers* and sea urchin roe is the worst. Tripe is awful too.

Other than that, I will sit next to Zappster at the table, and he can shovel his dislikes onto my plate! -H

hereboy
30-Oct-05, 17:56
How about "Tofu and Dog".... that was on a menu once when I was in China...

It had this horrible rubbery, stringy sensation in my mouth, just the thought of it made me want to boke when my hosts told me what I was eating... - eyuk!

The Dog was quite tasty though.

DrSzin
30-Oct-05, 19:53
Well, humble pie (http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/eatcrow.htm) sounds pretty disgusting to me:

The original umbles were the innards of the deer: the liver, heart, entrails and other second-class bits. It was common practice in medieval times to serve a pie made of these parts of the animal to the servants and others who would be sitting at the lower tables in the lord’s hall. Pepys mentions it in his diary for 8 July 1663: “Mrs Turner came in and did bring us an Umble-pie hot out of her oven, extraordinarily good”.

At this point, I think porshiepoo should eat her hat. It probably tastes better than humble pie.

Hereboy, that sounds disgusting. Tofu should be an acronym not a food.

On a more recent Japanese trip two of my colleagues were trying to outdo each other at dinner one night. My boss had raw intestines of some creature or other. All I remember is that they were bright pink and didn't taste of much at all.

Lincolnshire Curd Tart (http://www.simonsbutchers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Puddings__Jams__Plum_Bread_10.htm l) sounds interesting (scroll down the page a bit). Probably a bit gobby though.

rgm1984
30-Oct-05, 20:39

I actually meant I liked Marmite. Thats why I put a big smiley there and asked the love it or hate it question. :eyes

Macaroni however remains to be the most disgusting food source known to man :p :p

Never tried humble pie. What's it like?

Thats not because you've had no cause to though DrSzin :p lol
It's because you're more stubborn :lol: and opinionated :lol: than I am :lol: :lol:[/quote]

lol! What is marmite?

marion
31-Oct-05, 20:10
Kidney pie. Yuck

crayola
01-Nov-05, 01:40
Tripe? Aye, right. :confused:

Bies, ye Olde Worlders dinna ken fit yer missin'.

'e best tripe in e world comes fae Boston, MA, where I used til stay. There's a wee Italian restaurant in 'at narrow touristy street near the bottom o' Beacon Hill (I forget 'e name, but hid's up 'e stairs) that serves 'e cullest tripe in 'e whole wide world. Hid's popular wi' locals and immigrants alike, and nae wonder. Hid's dead cheap tae, by New England standards at least. Ye can hev 'at posh Boston tart fer afters fer a pittance, then head doon til 'e harbour fer 'e best pint o' 'e back stuff ootside o' 'e Emerald Isle. Sheer class if ye dinna mind plastic glasses.

A Caithness White Pudding Supper is the horror to end all horrors.

A strange topic indeed ;)

dpw39
01-Nov-05, 15:46
Obviously mine is "humble pie".

Ciao,

Dons_Lad
01-Nov-05, 17:08
Mushrooms, I can't stand those vegetables.

porshiepoo
01-Nov-05, 20:39
Well, humble pie (http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/eatcrow.htm) sounds pretty disgusting to me:

The original umbles were the innards of the deer: the liver, heart, entrails and other second-class bits. It was common practice in medieval times to serve a pie made of these parts of the animal to the servants and others who would be sitting at the lower tables in the lord’s hall. Pepys mentions it in his diary for 8 July 1663: “Mrs Turner came in and did bring us an Umble-pie hot out of her oven, extraordinarily good”.

At this point, I think porshiepoo should eat her hat. It probably tastes better than humble pie.

Hereboy, that sounds disgusting. Tofu should be an acronym not a food.

On a more recent Japanese trip two of my colleagues were trying to outdo each other at dinner one night. My boss had raw intestines of some creature or other. All I remember is that they were bright pink and didn't taste of much at all.

Lincolnshire Curd Tart (http://www.simonsbutchers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Puddings__Jams__Plum_Bread_10.htm l) sounds interesting (scroll down the page a bit). Probably a bit gobby though.

Hahaha DrSzin, where do you find all this tosh

I'd rather eat crow than eat my hat

Sporran
02-Nov-05, 07:35
One of my least favourite foods is liver. But in spite of that, I do like liver pate!

Another dislike is raw oysters. One was more than enough for me, yuk! I quite enjoy them steamed or fried, though.

Geo
02-Nov-05, 16:32
Honey, liver, kidney, marzipan.

Chardonnay
02-Nov-05, 17:39
Liver, cabbage & fish!!!

Yuck ;)

Sporran
02-Nov-05, 18:08
I don't like honey either, Geo. Even as a child, I found it too sweet!

And I'm not too crazy about coconut (although it's OK in a Pina Colada!)

Lindarabett
03-Nov-05, 12:08
How long have you got? Much of mine comes from disliking as a child, but being made to eat by parents.
Liver, kidney, tongue, mushrooms, fish (but I like Scampi & prawns!), chewy meat (any meat), plain chicken (like it in a sauce), semolina, tapioca, custard, creme caramel (serious gagging!), boxes of cheesy pasta, whelks ('snot in a shell'!!), lots of other stuff that I can't remember cos I never buy it.

I love marmite though, but not too much; spread very thinly. I also can't eat a lot of things like lasagne and pasta, because it doesn't agree with me, and I have a mild allergy to cheese, so that's off the menu too. But I'm not really fussy, honestly! (My 7yr old son won't eat anything healthy eg fruit or veg, and refuses to try anything new. I now tell him that he's had it before and liked it, so he tends to eat new things without too much fuss, as long as there's no obvious signs of veg).

Geo
03-Nov-05, 12:16
I don't like honey either, Geo. Even as a child, I found it too sweet!

At last someone else who doesn't like honey! We should form a club. :)

Elenna
03-Nov-05, 13:10
A lot of the things you all have mentioned...like tofu, tripe, and different shellfish...I've never tried. The opportunity has never arisen, and isn't likely to, though after your "non-recommendations" I think I might just skip some of them!

I have a bad reaction to melons, but otherwise I will eat most things...except for mushrooms, and aubergine. Ick.

millwood
03-Nov-05, 13:11
Macaroni cheese !!!!! :( :(

You love macaroni cheese , stop blethering

paris
03-Nov-05, 19:59
Kippers yuck !!!! feel sick just thinking about them.

AIRYFAIRY
03-Nov-05, 20:54
Semolina - yuk yuk yuk!!

Ali
03-Nov-05, 23:52
Kidney and yellow snow !! lol

lassieinfife
11-Nov-05, 10:40
prawns ................ make me think of maggots yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia
11-Nov-05, 11:33
Tofu should be an acronym not a food.

T - Think
O - of
F - Food
U - Unedible (inedible)

Whitewater
11-Nov-05, 16:16
Boiled fish YUK!!!

lassieinfife
11-Nov-05, 22:55
:D OOOOOOOO I love bread and butter pudding ...crusty on top egg custard set to perfection with just the right amount of nutmeg and sultanas hot thick custard over the top ........mmmmmmmmm:evil

Bobinovich
11-Nov-05, 23:28
Hmmmm... a big NO NO to liver, eggs (except when scrambled with more yolks than whites), lychees, mushrooms, kidney, fish/seafood (except a nice bit of breaded or battered haddock), and I'm sure there's more but the thought of all the above is making my stomach churn.

Thumbs up however to most fruit, cereal (yes a strange one but when I can't think what else I'd like then a bowl-full with ice cold milk ALWAYS hits the spot), Duerr's fine-cut Seville orange marmalade (yum), most veg (so long as they're well cooked or are raw where appropriate), chicken, beef, my wife's roast dinners (I know - creep!), curry with Sharwood's mango chutney, and that's before I start on pudding's. Oh I'm gonna stop there 'cos otherwise I'll be here all night!!

krieve
11-Nov-05, 23:28
I hate custard,rice pudding,olives ,celary,fish that still have bones in them, pinapple ,yuk yuk yuk