PDA

View Full Version : BT & BROADBAND bills

Marty McFly
20-Feb-08, 16:46
Just got in a stinker of a bill from BT, and i'm getting seriously hacked off with what i'm paying each month for use of 'phone & broadband. [evil]

I know there's some great deals out there, but most won't work in our area.

So, I was wondering what everyone else is doing.....

.....who is you 'phone & broadband through?

.....what do you pay each month?

.....who would you recommend as a provider and who would you avoid?

Shabbychic
20-Feb-08, 17:05
I just have a normal BT line, and use AOL broadband which costs £14.99 a month for unlimited (but reasonable) use. I have been with AOL for a year now and have had no problems at all.

hell raizer
20-Feb-08, 17:14
im with Talk Talk i pay about £20 for line and phone calls - most of my phone calls are free as most of my family are Talk Talk customers, £10 for Broad Band a month, so i pay £30 a month in total.i've been with them for 2yrs and have no complaints so far

nanoo
20-Feb-08, 17:21
Hi there, my OH is with Vodafone and all inclusive we pay £25.00 per month. I think it's usually £35.00 per month but if you have a contract mobile phone from them it's only £25.00 per month. That's including line rental and broadband. We've been with them now for just over a year and have found the service to be excellent. Hope this helps. ;)

johndh
20-Feb-08, 18:05
I'm paying £19.99 for my broadband (30gig peak download 300gig off peak).
For incoming calls and outgoing calls to 0800 numbers I just use my BT line as normal. For all other out going calls I use a VOIP service over the internet. At the moment I'm with www.voipcheap.com I pay £10 every 90 days, calls to UK landlines are free, any time of day. Other numbers are chargable, but I find my tenner runs out before I've used it all up. So the total I pay per month on average is £23.32 plus the cheapest line rental I can get out of BT.

I did add a little luxury a while ago with the addition of an ATA that plugs into my router. It allows me to use a bog standard telephone set and my computer does not have to be on every time I make a phone call. If your a chinwag merchant like me, it's the only way to go. :Razz

John

justine
20-Feb-08, 18:15
ours is 19.99 per month, plus line rental, plus vat.plus calls.Now we never really use the phone,and we just got a bill for 47.00 the calls were 12.25 of that.
I agree
Mcfly it is mad what they are charging for rental and the likes....

stekar
20-Feb-08, 18:22
We're on aol broadband which is £17.99 a month and we've had no problems.

Tempted to switch provider, but we swapped our home phone across and had nothing but problems with two companies billing us. It's took me about 6 months to get my money back from the company who billed us incorrectly.

So sticking with aol.

Julia
20-Feb-08, 18:23
If you have Sky tv you can get free anytime calls for £5 per month which is half the price of BT (line rental still payable to bt), and you can get 8mb broadband for £5 per month also. I've just signed up for the calls but will be taking up the broadband offer too soon

So my total monthly bill for all calls, sky tv and broadband inc. line rental will be £39

evileenz2210
20-Feb-08, 18:57
hi im with utility warehouse, you can get linerental with them 9.99 p.m broadband cheaper than BT not sure how much, if you take broadband with them you will get free evening and weekend calls to all landlines inc BT and Talktalk, i also have my electricity with them, and they are the cheapest that i have seen around.

bekisman
20-Feb-08, 19:48
We're with Virgin; £17.99 (we get 7mbps) I pay line rental to BT, paper free bills and DD, use their cal waiting, call sign, call diversion and caller display, get free evening and weekend calls with them (Option 2), do all my other calls with Onetel prefix 1877; 2p to Germany etc..

balto
20-Feb-08, 20:05
I just have a normal BT line, and use AOL broadband which costs £14.99 a month for unlimited (but reasonable) use. I have been with AOL for a year now and have had no problems at all.
aye thats the same as me i just pay bt for my line, and i get allmy calls from aol for nothing at the moment then it will be 7.99 per month and my broadband is 16.99 per month and i have never had a problem with them, my mum takes her broadband and calls both from bt and at the start they were getting really high bills from bt unto mum phoned them and they offered her a great deal.

Macwull
20-Feb-08, 22:00
We use orange for internet, we get free evenin and weekend calls to 01 and 02 numbers with them, then got at sky £5 anytime calls and BT line rental! Still quite cheap though cheaper than we were calling with BT. I'm changing from orange as soon as my contracts up as they offer no incentives to keep you and there customer service is quite appalling, mostly indian call centres that aren't great! !

There internet service they provide is as good as anyones just when problems arise it can be a bit difficult!!

router
20-Feb-08, 22:35
i had same prob other day.........one enening couple of weeks ago i got a call from bt....the usual "are you happy with your service" call .after a short talk they offered me cheap rate off peak calls @£1.45 they also said they would take a bit off my broadband charge"brilliant "i said.all my bills in past year have been £33 odd a month,great i thought should be cheaper now i thought! ha! got my bill yesterday and its jumped to £48 odd very odd...you can gaurantee they will be getting call tomorrow....[evil]

Riffman
20-Feb-08, 22:57
We're on aol broadband which is £17.99 a month and we've had no problems.

You are paying too much! We pay £14.99 a month after phoning up an complaining that it was too expensive. Yup we got it down from £17.99 just for the cheek of it [lol]

Oh and we got a free wireless router out of them too!

dessie
21-Feb-08, 00:25
i,m with bt and use aol broadband no problems at all

_Ju_
21-Feb-08, 00:27
I have used virgin for a while now. Except for the fact that they only answer the phone quickly to new customers ( which they all do anyway) I haven't had a reason to complain).

2little2late
21-Feb-08, 01:03
[QUOTE= I'm changing from orange as soon as my contracts up as they offer no incentives to keep you and there customer service is quite appalling, mostly indian call centres that aren't great! !

There internet service they provide is as good as anyones just when problems arise it can be a bit difficult!![/QUOTE]

Totally agree with your comments. I'm with B.T. for line rental, Orange for internet 17.99 p.m. and TalkTalk for calls. When 18 month contract is up with B.T. changing the whole thing to TalkTalk.

bobbyrussell09
21-Feb-08, 11:41
im with bt for the phone line and broadband.give bt there due the broadband is reasonable.we got the bill in was a lot,but realised it was for the quarter.as for the line dont get me started ,waited 2 months for them to sort it

poppett
21-Feb-08, 11:47
BT phone line only, then £19 per month to Pipex for broadband and free calls 24/7 to any freephone, 01 or 02 number. Excellent service from Pipex.

mooncat
21-Feb-08, 14:58
If you have been with BT broadband for over a year they are meant to cut your monthly, they just might not tell you...... mine has just dropped to 11.99 from 17.99,