PDA

View Full Version : soaps

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 12:56
is it me or is it over run with soaps.monday an friday are the worst with emmerdale,then 2 episods of corrie.i wish i had sky digital lol an no freeview which isnt up to much these days

nanoo
20-Feb-08, 13:08
I love some of the soaps bobbyrussell09, they used to show them on a Sunday as well. I think the extra half hour episode of Emmerdale is to cover for the one they took away from Sunday night. Corrie has had two half hour slots on a Monday for some time now, They have lost half an hour a week in this new shakeup. Still, it works out fine in our house as i get my two soaps in the early evening and my OH gets the rest of the telly to himself(unless there is something he watches that i like as well) Sky is'nt all it's cracked up to be either bobbyrussell09, what with all the repeats you get. ;)

Anne x
20-Feb-08, 13:12
is it me or is it over run with soaps.monday an friday are the worst with emmerdale,then 2 episods of corrie.i wish i had sky digital lol an no freeview which isnt up to much these days

Has it not always been like that !!! just changed the schedules around for the Reality show Dancing on Ice on a Sunday to get the viewing figures up

I have sky plus that way I choose what to watch record it and view whenever at the moment I am hooked on Masterchef on BBC2 Mmmm Is that a reality show [lol] Having Sky is no big deal either repeats etc good for the Golf though

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 13:18
they should cut down on the soaps and make other shows lol(sorry just being a typisal male moaning bout to many soaps)

nanoo
20-Feb-08, 13:30
they should cut down on the soaps and make other shows lol(sorry just being a typisal male moaning bout to many soaps)I tend to agree with you somewhat, I would be quite happy to see Corrie on Monday and Wednesday, Emmerdale on Tuesday and Thurrsday as it used to be, a long time ago. Just one half hour episode each of the nights as well. I'd be very happy with that myself.;)

nightowl
20-Feb-08, 14:08
Has anyone else used the Watch it Again - links at the bottom of the front page. You have a week or more to catch up with any soaps missed and lots more besides. Its a real time waster though - hours can pass............:lol:

silverfox57
20-Feb-08, 14:11
hi one of the reasons i joined org ,was as soon as soaps start, leave wife and go on internet, peek in some times and ask who is crying tonight?mostly her with her with big glassing on coronation street all you ladies will gave me hard time,but i like a good laugh on box ,

rob16d
20-Feb-08, 21:10
Well the broadcasting companies wouldn't put them on if there wasn't the demand! Why not buy a treadmill instead of watching tv? hehe

Macwull
20-Feb-08, 21:51
I reckon we have enough doom and gloom in real life without watching more on tv! I only watch neighbours, Home and Away have a plane crash or something every other week!! Just my opinion though! :D

nanoo
20-Feb-08, 22:06
I reckon we have enough doom and gloom in real life without watching more on tv! I only watch neighbours, Home and Away have a plane crash or something every other week!! Just my opinion though! :DI have to admit that i love Home and Away, Neighbours and Corrie and Emmerdale. Can't see the gloom and doom bit though, they always give you a mixture of storylines, so you get a laugh as well. Now if you want doom and gloom, Eastenders is the one for you, I gave up on that when Dots son Nick was trying to poison her,Gee that must be about 1990 something. Anytime i flick through the channels and hit on Eastenders, i find it's still the same old doom and gloom show.:~(

Billy Boy
20-Feb-08, 22:15
is it me or is it over run with soaps.

lol i know a few people who could do with being run over with a bar of soap as their foosum ;)

lassieinfife
20-Feb-08, 22:22
to much time wasted on soaps and way to much wasted on sport....:roll:

miranda
20-Feb-08, 22:35
i just hate the soaps!!!!!...every night and repeats at weekends!!!!boring!!!.. but im not always in charge of the remote!!!:lol: