PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!!!

BRIE
20-Feb-08, 12:28
my son has just drawn all over the TV & pine unit with a CD marker! anyone any idea what would remove it?
ideas before his dad gets home please!! LOL

Royster1911
20-Feb-08, 12:33
Try WD40. It removes a lot of unwanted marks on furniture.

golach
20-Feb-08, 12:35
http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

try this web site

Sapphire2803
20-Feb-08, 13:24
Nail varnish remover works a treat on cd marker, not sure the pine would like it though.
Try Isopropyl alcohol, gently though. If you haven't got any, you can get it cheap from the chemists.

dragonfly
20-Feb-08, 13:33
brasso/duraglit wadding's good too for getting stuff off, esp sellotape from glass

Lavenderblue2
20-Feb-08, 13:45
The first thing I would try is baby oil - it may well work but it certainly won't do any damage.

I hope you manage to get it off - the dear little soul...:roll:

LB

kriklah
20-Feb-08, 13:48
you can get cd marker eraser pens, (usually sold as part of a set of markers) probably from a stationary shop. not sure how long after using the marker it works for, or if it will work on the pine! otherwise, the nailpolish remover would be my next suggestion.

justine
20-Feb-08, 13:49
i know this sounds mad but have you tried toothpaste.It is a natural abrasive..I have removed permenant marker from tiles, tables and walls with no lasting damage.failing that nail polish remover should do it..

Hope you get it off hun..We have got some ink cleaning fluid if you cant get it off..Could drop it round if you need it..let me know...

Lavenderblue2
20-Feb-08, 13:50
Just had a quick search and found this:-

Baking Soda Paste: It worked on an antique wood desk of my grandmas - it will dull the finish in that area for a time but it will come back to its original and you'll never know. I got this info when my daughter was 2yr & did this to several items including herself! )

Worth a try...LB

rockchick
20-Feb-08, 14:02
Another trick that works on printers ink and ball-point pen ink is using hairspray. Works a treat on clothes.

Haven't tried it on CD marker tho, but might be worth a shot.

Riffman
20-Feb-08, 14:09
CD markers generally can be removed with Surgical Spirit (alcohol) or meths.

NLP
20-Feb-08, 14:46
I got a Magic eraser from Woolies which is good for ink, not sure about markers we haven't had to try that yet.

BRIE
20-Feb-08, 15:06
thanks everyone for the suggestions. ive managed to get it off the tv thanks to astonish cleaner & a magic sponge cant get it off the pine though. looks like im stuck with modern art!

honey
20-Feb-08, 16:09
babywipes!! my eldest son drew all over a (horrible) red carpet we had in our old house with green felt tip pen. I was quite delighted thinking i had a perfect excuse to get a new one.. then of it came with baby wipes.

it makes you wonder what they do to our babies bottys!!!

johnlc
20-Feb-08, 16:17
babywipes!! my eldest son drew all over a (horrible) red carpet we had in our old house with green felt tip pen. I was quite delighted thinking i had a perfect excuse to get a new one.. then of it came with baby wipes.

it makes you wonder what they do to our babies bottys!!!

Ats like me i used babywipes after my son drew all over my leather suite with a ball point pen

honey
20-Feb-08, 16:23
Ats like me i used babywipes after my son drew all over my leather suite with a ball point pen

i think they sould remarket them as being able to clean absolutely anything, or do a book "101 uses for babywipes" :lol:

orkneylass
20-Feb-08, 19:43
thanks everyone for the suggestions. ive managed to get it off the tv thanks to astonish cleaner & a magic sponge cant get it off the pine though. looks like im stuck with modern art!

If all else fails, rub the furniture down and paint it. Could be a good excuse for a makeover! Or maybe that is what your kids though he/she was doing!

catnip
20-Feb-08, 21:13
Try white distilled vinegar

Riffman
20-Feb-08, 23:02
Did you try pure alcohol? It works with every CD marker I have in the house here so should work with yours.