PDA

View Full Version : Do you work????

Lolabelle
20-Feb-08, 11:50
I work for our own company and so I am able to flit and out of the org throughout the day.
What do the orgers do? Do you work, and jump on here inbetween?
Or are you at home?

...Or do you log in after and before work??

Just wondering....:confused

justine
20-Feb-08, 12:05
i am a full time mum and fit myself onto the org between meals and washing and all other tasks throughout eday..

Highland Laddie
20-Feb-08, 12:10
Whenever i can

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 12:24
i work in tesco an go on the org whenever i can in the evening

NLP
20-Feb-08, 14:52
I'm a stay at home mum, come on the org when the wee one is asleep.

honey
20-Feb-08, 15:54
Being a Mam is my main, and most important job, but i also work as a Team Manager for the US Embassy helpdesk. Until recently, i was doing 3 12 hour shifts a week, which meant i had plenty of time to log on, now im back to a 5 day week, i still get on, but not as much as before..

footie chick
20-Feb-08, 16:09
My job description is domestic assistant, receptionist, peace keeper, chauffeur, chef this list goes on...................................
Still manage to stop by the org on reguluar intervals to keep me sane.:lol:

lynne duncan
20-Feb-08, 16:10
full time mum to 3 who should be playing basketball with one of them, but pinching 5 mins to see what the crack is, time up i think!

cuddlepop
20-Feb-08, 16:29
I'm a carer and spend more time than I should on the Org.
At least when she's at school.....

telfordstar
20-Feb-08, 17:47
I am currently on maternity leave and log on when I get a chance.

Sporran
20-Feb-08, 19:47
When I'm logged in here, it's before or after work. I work four half days a week and one full, having recently cut back from three half days and two full. I don't have on-line access at work, so it would be impossible to visit the Org then anyway! Besides which, my job keeps me too busy.

orkneylass
20-Feb-08, 19:47
Work full-time, am the main breadwinner as well as doing the washing and cooking the tea. I am usually on the org after dinner before watching some TV

balto
20-Feb-08, 19:50
[lol]i am currently of work sick so in between looking after my kids i come on if time allows dont know how i will manage when i go back to work will have to take my daughters laptop with me thinks[lol]

NickInTheNorth
20-Feb-08, 20:17
For the past 7 years I've done a mixture of not working, self employment, contracting, and house husbanding. During all that I've been able to be online pretty much when I wanted.

However all that is about to change! As of Monday I'll be in a full time job working in an office environment with regular hours. To say the least it's going to make my life a wee bit different. And I guess I'll be doing a lot less hours on the various forums I frequent.

Julia
20-Feb-08, 21:08
snip- As of Monday I'll be in a full time job working in an office environment with regular hours. To say the least it's going to make my life a wee bit different. And I guess I'll be doing a lot less hours on the various forums I frequent.

Good luck with the new job!

I gave up my job to stay at home to look after my son. I'll be returning to work as soon as I can, probably in about 3 years

karia
20-Feb-08, 21:14
For the past 7 years I've done a mixture of not working, self employment, contracting, and house husbanding. During all that I've been able to be online pretty much when I wanted.

However all that is about to change! As of Monday I'll be in a full time job working in an office environment with regular hours. To say the least it's going to make my life a wee bit different. And I guess I'll be doing a lot less hours on the various forums I frequent.

Will the shorts have to go?:eek:

Stay happy Nick and ..don't dare be a stranger..we'll miss you!

miranda
20-Feb-08, 21:28
WORK 5 days of the week then home to do the houseWORK, dinner,help with homeWORK, then given half a chance some orging!!:lol:

trix
21-Feb-08, 00:10
av got 3 jobs an i take care o' grany most days.

one full time, one at weekends an a clean a manies hoose twice a week.

granys 24 oer call.....very busy....but still skint :confused

Lolabelle
21-Feb-08, 00:15

Wow, Nick, that will take a bit of adjusting for you, I hope you are doing something you really like to do. At least then you wont notice the loss of freedom. (too much) :eek:

WORK 5 days of the week then home to do the houseWORK, dinner,help with homeWORK, then given half a chance some orging!!:lol:

Good thing you have the org Miranda, give you a break from all that work.

Margaret M.
21-Feb-08, 01:34
I work for our own company and so I am able to flit and out of the org throughout the day.

Same here.

Metalattakk
21-Feb-08, 03:06
"Work, is a knife, in a young man's heart,
Carving away his prime,
Selling his soul to the highest bidder,
For just another nail in the pine."

Bobinovich
21-Feb-08, 10:29

Yep me an' all - despite what many might think I do manage to get some work done!

"Work, is a knife, in a young man's heart,
Carving away his prime,
Selling his soul to the highest bidder,
For just another nail in the pine."

In the main I agree. I'd love to not have to work but there are kids to be fed and expensive IT habits to pay for, so I do the best I can and am lucky enough to work doing something I really enjoy (well most days anyway). However does your reply mean you don't work?

ywindythesecond
21-Feb-08, 10:33
Yep me an' all - despite what many might think I do manage to get some work done!

Stop posting and get on with it!!!:D

Bobinovich
21-Feb-08, 10:34
Ah, but I don't start 'til 10am - this is quiet time just now :lol:

golach
21-Feb-08, 10:37
I am a seasonal tour guide on Edinburgh Tours, just had my assessment & passed for 2008 :) This is my 3rd season.
This is the best job in the world IMO, sitting on an open top bus, telling stories, and meeting visitors from all over the world, and best of all. Edinburgh Tours pay me as well :lol:

helenwyler
21-Feb-08, 10:53
I should be working right now doing a dyslexia assessment, which was cancelled due to illness:confused.

I work from home, so I can flit on and off the org when I'm not teaching or clearing up family debris:mad:!

Metalattakk
21-Feb-08, 11:27
In the main I agree. I'd love to not have to work but there are kids to be fed and expensive IT habits to pay for, so I do the best I can and am lucky enough to work doing something I really enjoy (well most days anyway). However does your reply mean you don't work?

Nope, it doesn't mean that at all, it's just a lyrical mantra that I throw out every now and then, when the realisation that the sands of time are still relentlessly slipping through our fingertips, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Is time less precious than payment for work? I see people working every hour they can. Why? That's time they cannot ever get back.

My time is more precious to me than that. I work to live, no more.

northener
21-Feb-08, 12:15
I'm fortunate enough to be able to choose what work I do.

To me, if I'm going to work, it has to be a challenge or something that I do because I enjoy it.

A few of my friends cannot understand why I gave up a well-paid business (self employed) to start a business with longer hours and less money. They can't grasp the concept of challenge and enjoyment not being related to the size of the pay packet.
The ones who have that attitude all work for companies, I wonder if that shapes their view of work and reward?

Tugmistress
21-Feb-08, 19:44
Yes i work, albeit weird shifts and also a part time job a couple of days a week if i am lucky. Depends on my shifts as to when i am on the org though i think i tend to post mainly in the evening.

Chligh
21-Feb-08, 20:52
aRE U OFFERRING A JOB?

Ricco
21-Feb-08, 23:53
I teach, so I don't get much time on the org except during holidays and the odd early morning when I am all set up for the day. I try to spend a bit of time on the weekends when I can.

j4bberw0ck
21-Feb-08, 23:58
A few of my friends cannot understand why I gave up a well-paid business (self employed) to start a business with longer hours and less money. They can't grasp the concept of challenge and enjoyment not being related to the size of the pay packet

Hmmmm. Same problem here, though not currently self-employed. Great! Confusion to the enemy! :lol: