PDA

View Full Version : Pet sitters

Solus
19-Feb-08, 18:26
I read on here a short while ago about some one who does or was looking at a pet sitting service. Anyone know of who does it or where ?Is it a pet sitter who comes in daily or do they take the pet to their home for the duration ?
I am away in a few weeks and usually have some one who came in to the house every day or so checked on kitty etc etc but now that we have moved up here we are kind of stuck.

KCI
19-Feb-08, 18:32
I don't think the service is up and running yet - although I could be wrong!

I would think that the pet sitters would come to your house - I think it would be a bit distressing for a cat to be taken to a different house.

Do you think your cat would be OK in a cattery? Or maybe you have neighbours who could check on your cat?

young_fishin_neep
19-Feb-08, 19:18
were abouts do you stay solus?

kazzii xxxxx

Solus
19-Feb-08, 19:26
She would not be to distressed in another house, she's a rag doll and as long as there is a warm spot and a hand to stroke her she is happy as a pig in.....:roll: but if the pet sitters only come to the house then thats ok.

I am through in Wick neep,

unicorn
19-Feb-08, 19:30
Solus I put my ragdoll out to mossburn cattery and the woman is so good with her. Highly recommended.

young_fishin_neep
19-Feb-08, 19:34
She would not be to distressed in another house, she's a rag doll and as long as there is a warm spot and a hand to stroke her she is happy as a pig in.....:roll: but if the pet sitters only come to the house then thats ok.

I am through in Wick neep,

well if you were closer me and mum could have poped over and made sure she was okay, and i dont think she would be to happy with my two cats who own half the house and the dogs owning the other half.

was just a thought otherwise im lost for answers for ya

kazzii xxxxx

Solus
19-Feb-08, 19:54
I not got a problem with putting her to a cattery, but last time and only time she got her vaccines she had a real bad reaction to them :~( and I am loathed to do it again just in case it happens again.

Thanks for the kind offer Neep, may well have taken you up on that had we been closer.

Kevin Milkins
20-Feb-08, 00:19
Hi PM me if your stuck as I know what a pain it is when you want to go away and you have a pet that needs looking after

Solus
20-Feb-08, 16:20
Thanks for the offer Kevin, we are not sure what we are going to do with the little lady just now, i took her for her jags yesterday and so far she been fine apart from feeling sorry for herself and being even more of a drama queen !

skinnydog
20-Feb-08, 16:46
I will pm you as I can think of 2 that advertise but might not do exactly what you are looking for.

plasticjock
21-Feb-08, 21:16
[/i]I read on here a short while ago about some one who does or was looking at a pet sitting service. Anyone know of who does it or where ?Is it a pet sitter who comes in daily or do they take the pet to their home for the duration ?
I am away in a few weeks and usually have some one who came in to the house every day or so checked on kitty etc etc but now that we have moved up here we are kind of stuck.[i]

Have a gander at http://www.petbreak.co.uk
Might be what you're looking for.

Solus
21-Feb-08, 21:54
thanks, may well give them a call :)