PDA

View Full Version : The McCartneys Divorce

mccaugm
19-Feb-08, 13:40
"They have been in legal discussions ever since to determine how much Mills would receive from the musician's estimated 825-million-pound fortune.
Media reports have suggested that McCartney has been prepared to offer Mills 55 million pounds but she had refused.
She would take a 20-million-pound lump sum and a further 2.5 million pounds each year for 14 years until Beatrice turns 18, with a substantial amount set aside for security, the Daily Mail said.
Mills is reported to have held out in particular on the issue of confidentiality. McCartney wants her to be prevented from speaking about their marriage, whereas she does not want to be gagged.
She is also believed to have sought money to help protect herself from press and paparazzi photographers who have hounded her, in particular since the split. "

I think this pair need their heads banging together. I reckon that there is fault on both sides. I feel he is not the perfect icon people perceive him to be and she is not as crazy as she is purported to be. I feel incredibly sorry for their daughter as she is caught in the middle of two warring parents.

Having been in a similar situation, I feel that they should settle things more amicably because of the child involved. Heather deserves what she is asking and he has no right to gag her, thats just smacks of a paranoid old man with expensive lawyers.

DeHaviLand
19-Feb-08, 13:54
I think this pair need their heads banging together. I reckon that there is fault on both sides. I feel he is not the perfect icon people perceive him to be and she is not as crazy as she is purported to be. I feel incredibly sorry for their daughter as she is caught in the middle of two warring parents.

Having been in a similar situation, I feel that they should settle things more amicably because of the child involved. Heather deserves what she is asking and he has no right to gag her, thats just smacks of a paranoid old man with expensive lawyers.

And did you settle for the 20 million cash too?:)

I agree, its been a long running saga and I cant see why Sir Paul feels that the loss of 30 or 40 million quid is going to leave him destitute. Personally, I would have paid her just to be rid of her.

badger
19-Feb-08, 13:56
I'm sick of both of them, but more of her I think as, like so many in the public eye, she seeks publicity and then complains about it. He was never going to replace Lynda. She presumably fell for fame and fortune. If she had any self-respect, or consideration for their child, she wouldn't need a gagging order - she would just shut up. Then she wouldn't need protection.

Plenty of people manage to have very public profiles and keep their private lives private, e.g. Jeremy Paxman.

justine
19-Feb-08, 13:57
The pair of them want to grow up.They have kids to think of in this,its all about that evil thing called Money...

mccaugm
19-Feb-08, 14:00
I'm sick of both of them, but more of her I think as, like so many in the public eye, she seeks publicity and then complains about it. He was never going to replace Lynda. She presumably fell for fame and fortune. If she had any self-respect, or consideration for their child, she wouldn't need a gagging order - she would just shut up. Then she wouldn't need protection.

Plenty of people manage to have very public profiles and keep their private lives private, e.g. Jeremy Paxman.

Why does everybody hark back to Lynda, she was not a saint. She was shown to be as much of a schemer as the current Ms McCartney is supposed to be.

badger
19-Feb-08, 14:19
Why does everybody hark back to Lynda, she was not a saint. She was shown to be as much of a schemer as the current Ms McCartney is supposed to be.

Didn't say she was a saint but it seemed that marriage worked and maybe for him she was hard to replace.

Justine is right - it's all about money. Funny how so often we wish we had it but it rarely brings happiness.

Rie
19-Feb-08, 14:27
Quite honestly i think they are as bad as each other,both have forgotten that they used to love and respect each other and now its all about the money! i feel sorry for the child caught in the middle of it all,she might be only 4 yrs old but this would have made a big impact on her life, people seem to forget that children are much brighter,and see far more than we give them credit for!
Bet Paul really wishes he had a "prenup" now!

justine
19-Feb-08, 14:32
Didn't say she was a saint but it seemed that marriage worked and maybe for him she was hard to replace.

Justine is right - it's all about money. Funny how so often we wish we had it but it rarely brings happiness.

Unfortunately badger Lynda was not that hard to replace, if memory sreves me correct he married heather 6 mths after lynda passed on...so i dont feel she was hard to replace...

As for money we all want it, need it and have it but no it does not give us the love, happiness and warmth that we all thrive on....

I just wish they would get it over with..They are making money right now with all the publicity this is having..and will continue to when the magazines get their rights to the full MCartney saga.........

DeHaviLand
19-Feb-08, 14:40
Unfortunately badger Lynda was not that hard to replace, if memory sreves me correct he married heather 6 mths after lynda passed on...so i dont feel she was hard to replace...

As for money we all want it, need it and have it but no it does not give us the love, happiness and warmth that we all thrive on....

I just wish they would get it over with..They are making money right now with all the publicity this is having..and will continue to when the magazines get their rights to the full MCartney saga.........

I think you'll find there was a 4 year gap. No need to rely on memory when there's t'internet

justine
19-Feb-08, 16:03
I think you'll find there was a 4 year gap. No need to rely on memory when there's t'internet

Stand corrected.thanks;)

dandod
19-Feb-08, 19:54
goldigger is the one and only word that spring to mind when you hear her name.perhaps they are both at fault.but i cant stand she is ans awful woman and dont beleive she married him for anything but his money. its just such ashame there is a child involved in the whole sorry mess.

percy toboggan
19-Feb-08, 19:54
A lifetime afficionado of the 'Beatles' I waited for hours to see a very late McxCartney and Wings back in '73. I confess I thought he went loopy at the time he married Mills. She was a golddigger right out of the top drawer. A shady woman with a dubious past. He should pay her off with a gagging order and be done with her. He's amounted to little musically since the mid-seventies and should begin to age gracefully - and stop dyin' 'is barnet for a start. I admit I've lately wondered if Chadwick shot the wrong one.

Boozeburglar
19-Feb-08, 20:11
Primarily I think of Linda as a very talented photographer.

In that respect, I think she was more suited to Paul than someone who perhaps had no muse so to speak.

Saying that, if I was him and I lost my long term partner, I would probably have fallen for a young bit of skirt too. You only live once.

:)

WeeBurd
19-Feb-08, 20:23
I canna be doing with Mucca, scheming gold-digger that she is, she should be grateful he was offering her as much as £55 million, I certainly don't think she deserves it!

Yep, he was very silly falling for her whilst still mouring his wife, but I suspect he's realised his mistake. I think the poor old beggar was deliberately targeted by the floozy, and I don't think she deserves a penny - attention seeking twerp that she is :roll:.

Rant over. [lol]

balto
19-Feb-08, 20:55

totally agree here, but paul and linda did seem to have a happy marraige for man years unto she died, ms mills i just a bit nuts one minute she wants to beable to sell her story the next she wants protection from the press- make your mind up what you want woman.

i dont think any amount of money would be to much to get rid of her.[evil][evil]

karia
19-Feb-08, 21:02
A lifetime afficionado of the 'Beatles' I waited for hours to see a very late McxCartney and Wings back in '73. I confess I thought he went loopy at the time he married Mills. She was a golddigger right out of the top drawer. A shady woman with a dubious past. He should pay her off with a gagging order and be done with her. He's amounted to little musically since the mid-seventies and should begin to age gracefully - and stop dyin' 'is barnet for a start. I admit I've lately wondered if Chadwick shot the wrong one.

It was Mark Chapman (not Chadwick) who shot John Lennon and to say that he shot 'the wrong one' is a quite outrageous statement...even by your standards!

Penelope Pitstop
19-Feb-08, 23:33
Who cares.............they live in cuckoo land......many light years away from us.

More important issues going on in the world than this clap trap. Why on earth is it making the main headlines. :confused

justine
19-Feb-08, 23:35
Who cares.............they live in cuckoo land......many light years away from us.

More important issues going on in the world than this clap trap. Why on earth is it making the main headlines. :confused

See we were right Aliens do exist...:lol:

helenwyler
19-Feb-08, 23:59

Very funny and quite right PP[lol]!

j4bberw0ck
20-Feb-08, 00:14
Lynda was not that hard to replace, if memory sreves me correct he married heather 6 mths after lynda passed on...so i dont feel she was hard to replace...

And even had the 6 months bit been true, unless you've been in the position of losing a partner in tragic circumstances than making judgemental comments like that one isn't helpful. You have no idea at all how any one individual will react, or what they'll do - even if you have been in that position.

justine
20-Feb-08, 00:48
And even had the 6 months bit been true, unless you've been in the position of losing a partner in tragic circumstances than making judgemental comments like that one isn't helpful. You have no idea at all how any one individual will react, or what they'll do - even if you have been in that position.

No i have not been in that position, neither would i want to,and i cant imagine what would be going through anyones mind that has been through this. it does not stop me putting down my opinion..I was stood corrected by the time zone which was fair enough.

The type of person i am and the dedication to my husband i know in my heart, that i would never want to remarry. The pain would never ease and the loss would never go away..In my vow "Till death do us both depart" is what i believe..
So i can only make a judgment on my own beliefs in a situation like this.....

j4bberw0ck
20-Feb-08, 09:58
it does not stop me putting down my opinion..

And my opinion is that to do that is incredibly dismissive of an experience you've never had, and the effect it has on people's lives and outlooks.

You can believe in lifelong love and chastity and a relationship-free future after loss of a partner all you want, but don't start judging the worth of other people's relationships and forming opinions as to their character based on the calendar. It doesn't work that way. Unless you think all women should compulsorily wear black after loss of a husband, of course, and only leave the house to shop for basics, to talk briefly with other widows, or to go to church.

You know - like Greece. Turkey. Places where women know how to look after a man :lol: . Respect him.

justine
20-Feb-08, 10:30
And my opinion is that to do that is incredibly dismissive of an experience you've never had, and the effect it has on people's lives and outlooks.

You can believe in lifelong love and chastity and a relationship-free future after loss of a partner all you want, but don't start judging the worth of other people's relationships and forming opinions as to their character based on the calendar. It doesn't work that way. Unless you think all women should compulsorily wear black after loss of a husband, of course, and only leave the house to shop for basics, to talk briefly with other widows, or to go to church.

You know - like Greece. Turkey. Places where women know how to look after a man :lol: . Respect him.

Strangely enough i do respect my man and i do believe in remaining loyal even after death.I would not want another man in my life if anything happened to my husband..Anyone who knows me will tell you that.I am loyal, faithful and 1000% give all i have so if i choose to think it better to stay loyal i am free to do so...
My hubby is older than me and i dread the day i may have to survive without him by my side.It tears my heart out thinking about it...Maybe i should have been greek , because i do believe in loyalty and respect for the man i would give my life for..I have a perfect life with him...I am only 37 and have a long time left yet.
I dont expect all women to have the same values but i am sure their may be more than we think...I i can make judgement on what ever i choose.I dont tar anyone because they have the same virtues as me..

Angela
20-Feb-08, 10:32
The sums of money involved in this case are so far removed form my own experience, it's hard to feel all that bothered about either party, though I do feel sorry for their child. It's a shame when the warring parties can't at least put their offspring first.

It's probably not really about the money of course, it's about power and who wins.

When a long relationship ends through bereavement, the partner left alone can be extremely vulnerable for a long time and sometimes just totally loses the plot. No matter how much someone has loved their spouse, loneliness and a sense of unreality can push people into very unsuitable relationships.

Perhaps Sir Paul now realises, but doesn't like to admit, that he made a big mistake and a complete fool of himself with this marriage, and is angry not only with Heather but also with himself.

Angela
20-Feb-08, 10:36
Strangely enough i do respect my man and i do believe in remaining loyal even after death.I would not want another man in my life if anything happened to my husband..Anyone who knows me will tell you that.I am loyal, faithful and 1000% give all i have so if i choose to think it better to stay loyal i am free to do so...
My hubby is older than me and i dread the day i may have to survive without him by my side.It tears my heart out thinking about it...Maybe i should have been greek , because i do believe in loyalty and respect for the man i would give my life for..I have a perfect life with him...

Justine, with the very greatest respect, and I do mean that, this is something you truly cannot know unless and until you're in that situation, which I do hope you won't be, for a very long time. I wish you and your husband many, many happy years together. :)

justine
20-Feb-08, 10:43
Justine, with the very greatest respect, and I do mean that, this is something you truly cannot know unless and until you're in that situation, which I do hope you won't be, for a very long time. I wish you and your husband many, many happy years together. :)

I know hun, but i also know how i feel..It has taken a hard life to get what i have now and my loyalties are 1000%..Of that i have no doubt...If i ever end up without my husband i do have my children, who would be there to support me..I cant speak for all but i can speak for myself, and i know what i feel and that will never change..My love loyalty and commitment to my family come before anything else and will always be that way.I cant change what i feel and think on this subject..
We will have many many more years together and i am going to enjoy eeveryone of them...

People find it hard to believe that any relationship can be perfect but i have to say mine is about as close i one could get to it..We dont argue,we are what you call soul mates...we were meant to be so i will remain loyal...

Angela
20-Feb-08, 10:44
It doesn't work that way. Unless you think all women should compulsorily wear black after loss of a husband, of course, and only leave the house to shop for basics, to talk briefly with other widows, or to go to church.

You know - like Greece. Turkey. Places where women know how to look after a man . Respect him.

J'w0ck, I think you'll find that Greece isn't like that any more, except for the very old ladies. In fact I used to be very hurt when my Greek friends would ask me "Haven't you got another husband yet?" as if it was comparable to buying a new sofa! [disgust] Until they explained it was intended as a compliment and the men should be queuing up! ;)

I've always worn a lot of black and used to jokingly call it my Greek Widow look -with hindsight, I rather wish I hadn't....

j4bberw0ck
20-Feb-08, 12:31
J'w0ck, I think you'll find that Greece isn't like that any more, except for the very old ladies.

Awww, Angela, I know that really...... it was just my (misplaced, as usual) sense of "humour" - as indicated by the smilie. I wanted to poke fun at public displays of eternal reverence, which are often much more about other people's expectations than the displayer's feelings, if you see what I mean.

Sorry, one and all......... :~( .

badger
20-Feb-08, 16:36
I know hun, but i also know how i feel..It has taken a hard life to get what i have now and my loyalties are 1000%..Of that i have no doubt...If i ever end up without my husband i do have my children, who would be there to support me..I cant speak for all but i can speak for myself, and i know what i feel and that will never change..My love loyalty and commitment to my family come before anything else and will always be that way.I cant change what i feel and think on this subject..
We will have many many more years together and i am going to enjoy eeveryone of them...

People find it hard to believe that any relationship can be perfect but i have to say mine is about as close i one could get to it..We dont argue,we are what you call soul mates...we were meant to be so i will remain loyal...

I'm sorry Justine but you cannot possibly know what will happen to you in the future or how you will feel. I am sure many people who are happily married hope it will last for ever (and I do hope that you will have a long and happy life with your husband) but I think you should consider the effect of your words on those who have lost a much-loved partner all too soon. There is nothing disloyal about finding love again in time - it does not in any way diminish the love you had for your first partner. Many people are widowed young through accident or illness and finding the right partner again after a while is for many, and their children, much better than remaining on their own.

scorrie
20-Feb-08, 16:38
They are both equally to blame for this squalid charade. If either had a shred of dignity they would have settled it amicably, away from the public gaze. Paul surely has enough money to class £55 million as getting away cheaply from his greatest faux pas. He was thinking with another part of his anatomy at the time and must expect to bear the cost of that folly. In fact, he should think himself lucky that "Give My Regards To Broadstreet" is not being brought into the equation under the grounds of mental cruelty on the British population.

As was said earlier, Macca is past his sell-by date. Allegedly one of the greatest songwriters in history, reduced to this rubbish:-

Dance Tonight

Everybody gonna dance tonight
Everybody gonna feel alright
Everybody gonna dance around tonight

Everybody gonna dance around
Everybody gonna hit the ground

(Chorus)
Well you can come on to my place if you want to
You can do anything you want to do

(Whistling)

Everybody gonna stamp their feet
Everybody's gonna feel the beat
Everybody wanna dance around tonight

(Bridge)

Everybody's gonna dance tonight

Everybody gonna jump and shout
Everybody gonna sing it out

Everybody's gonna feel alright tonight
----------------------------------------------

Eleanor Rigby must be turning in her grave!!

karia
20-Feb-08, 16:47
Acht Scorrie.....Let it be!:lol:

johno
20-Feb-08, 17:07
macca, reckon the old fool shoulda seen it coming. well i do feel sorry for him in a way, i guess he was just looking for happy -ness . :roll:

percy toboggan
20-Feb-08, 17:36
It was Mark Chapman (not Chadwick) who shot John Lennon and to say that he shot 'the wrong one' is a quite outrageous statement...even by your standards!

I stand corrected on the information...I've had a lot of sleeps since that morning I woke up at Strensham Services on the M5 that cold DEcember morn to find a particular hero of mine had been murdered.

I said I 'wondered' if he'd 'shot the wrong one' I also wondered the same that very day when McCartney's reaction was glib, to say the least...'it's a drag'

You need to be more accurate in your summations if you're gonna fire criticism all over t'shop like.

karia
20-Feb-08, 17:48
A lifetime afficionado of the 'Beatles'.

You get the Assassin's name wrong then have the gall to question my accuracy!:roll:

You slay (sleigh) me Mr toboggan, truly you do!:lol:

scorrie
20-Feb-08, 17:57
I think I know where Percy went wrong. Mark Chadwick was in the band The Levellers. John Lennon was certainly levelled, so maybe that is where the train of thought jumped the rails at Clapham Junction (or was that Chapman Junction ;) )

percy toboggan
20-Feb-08, 18:29
Ahh yes, 'The Levellers'...levelling the land, weapon called the word, Mouth to Mouth, GReen Blade Rising et al...they all figure proudly in my collection....perhaps a threefreundian slip.

percy toboggan
20-Feb-08, 18:31
Incidentally, just how important do you have to be before you're 'assassinated' rather than murdered?
I reckon JL was merely murdered....JFK were different like.

karia
20-Feb-08, 19:19
Incidentally, just how important do you have to be before you're 'assassinated' rather than murdered?
I reckon JL was merely murdered....JFK were different like.

Let's put it this way...I don't think you need worry about being assassinated![lol]

percy toboggan
20-Feb-08, 20:03
Let's put it this way...I don't think you need worry about being assassinated![lol]

I hope you're right.

karia
20-Feb-08, 20:29
I hope you're right.

I don't![lol][lol]