PDA

View Full Version : Sour grapes?

Valerie Campbell
19-Feb-08, 11:13
Having watched Mr Fayed's outburst on the news yesterday about the death of Diana and Dodi, I get the impression it's a case of sour grapes. He hasn't been granted British citizenship and was basically sticking up his two fingers at the Government and the Establishment. He literally was having his day in court. What are your thoughts?

lassieinfife
19-Feb-08, 11:16
That the whole sorry expensive mess should be dropped in nearest bin

newpark
19-Feb-08, 11:22
Nothing to be gained by dragging this out. She has been gone 10 years now and nothing will bring her back. For the sake of her kids it should be dropped.

badger
19-Feb-08, 11:25
He is obsessed and has completely lost touch with reality. It would just be sad if he wasn't costing us all so much money.

golach
19-Feb-08, 11:27
That the whole sorry expensive mess should be dropped in nearest bin

It is a very expensive mess, right enough, now he has had his day in court, maybe they will let the lassie rest in peace.............Finally

TBH
19-Feb-08, 11:42
It's not just about Diana, let's not forget that he lost his son in the crash as well. I don't see it as sour grapes. To surmise that he is really doing this because he didn't gain British citizenship is pretty naive. If I lost a member of my immediate family in which I thought were suspicious circumstances then I would fight tooth and nail for the truth. I certainly wouldn't be of the opinion that as it happened ten years ago I should drop the matter because, "it's in the past". Well done Mr Fayed for sticking to your guns.

Metalattakk
19-Feb-08, 12:07
I'm surprised he hasn't gotten the Psychic Detectives onto the case. [lol]

Highland Laddie
19-Feb-08, 12:18
It's not just about Diana, let's not forget that he lost his son in the crash as well. I don't see it as sour grapes. To surmise that he is really doing this because he didn't gain British citizenship is pretty naive. If I lost a member of my immediate family in which I thought were suspicious circumstances then I would fight tooth and nail for the truth. I certainly wouldn't be of the opinion that as it happened ten years ago I should drop the matter because, "it's in the past". Well done Mr Fayed for sticking to your guns.

Well said, i agree with you there, i didn't know there was a time limit on grieving for a lost member of your family.

Flyermonkey
19-Feb-08, 13:04
Poor old Al-Fayed has completely lost the plot and I think his day in court clearly shows that - as they said on the Channel 4 news last night it would be easier to list who he didn't think was involved in the deaths of his son and Princess Diana than who he thinks was.

However, I think it is quite clear why he is doing this. The accident was caused by a drunk arrogant reckless driver thinking he could outwit the paparazzi by driving like a lunatic through the streets of Paris. Now, from what I have read, Al-Fayed decided on the night that he wanted to take over security of the couple and put Henri-Paul in charge of the driving that night. The result of which was that his son and Diana were both killed. He simply can't face the fact that he was ultimately responsible for their deaths, and he has the money and resources to keep fighting to blame everyone else but himself.

Surely, if you were going to assassinate two people a car crash in the centre of Paris would not be the best way of going about it?

STUDMUFFIN
19-Feb-08, 13:37
I Agree With Tbh

badger
19-Feb-08, 13:42
I agree with flyermonkey. Of course there's no limit to the time you grieve but this is more to do with needing someone, other than his own driver, to blame. No doubt the paparazzi didn't help but the list of those he accuses is just beyond reason. Will he ever be satisfied? Somehow I doubt it.

mccaugm
19-Feb-08, 13:48
Dianas & Dodis deaths were not accidents IMHO. Proving that is never going to happen, the British government has seen to that.
I feel very sorry for Mr Al Fayed not being able to let his son rest in peace but I can empathise with him.
I think they should drop the case and let them rest in peace as nothing more can be done.

justine
19-Feb-08, 15:08
Well maybe i am slightly biased about this but why is al fayed not allowed to know what happened to his son.All this has always been about Diana dying, he was an innocent person who died in that fatal crash,, but he was forgotten, why because he was foreign and not a princess.
IMHO i think Al Fayed has the right to find out the truth and put his fingers up to the government if he so chooses
We have all had our go at the royal family in our time, does it make it right because we were born into this country.
I see none of the family were that bothered when they shopped at harrods...

He has made money from this country and put it in and i do think one way or te other that he has the right to know what happened to his first born son, which to an Arab is more important than money...

Unfortunately Mccaugm,this will never be left.It is as much a conspiracy as the death of JFK....My kids kids will want to know the answer to this one....

I imagine also that if this had been the other way round and Diana had died in his country and their government were just saying it was an accident i am sure that the royal family would use all their opower and influence to find out the truth, which is exactly what al fayed is doing.IMO anyway...

balto
19-Feb-08, 15:15
not sure what to make of this, i think this poor man has yet to grieve proberly for his son and he is just so desperate for answers, after all it was more than the princess that died that fatefull night 10 years ago. who knows how this country works mayby there might be some truth in what this man is saying i just dont know.

j4bberw0ck
19-Feb-08, 16:23
i think Al Fayed has the right to find out the truth

That's what the inquest is supposed to be about. Question is, will he accept it?

You'd think that if he had evidence of his assertions / conspiracy theories he might produce it in open Court if only to maximise the embarrassment of the Royal family and the Government.

justine
19-Feb-08, 16:30
That's what the inquest is supposed to be about. Question is, will he accept it?

You'd think that if he had evidence of his assertions / conspiracy theories he might produce it in open Court if only to maximise the embarrassment of the Royal family and the Government.

All parents would feel the same..Even if you put enough evidence in front of them thst it was nothing more than an accident would they truley ever believe it.Would you not want to know that he was murdered and give someone else the blame..His grief is far mor than i could imagine, as it shows with his reluctance to let it go, but the royal family have two faces on this..Diana wa no saint, infact she was an embarrassment to the royals at the end of it.You can see why there is such a conspiracy on this..

At the end of it all imo is no-one wins and no-one loses.The royals lost there problem and al fayed lost his son...

But that is just my opinon. which is open to argument of course...

scotsman1
20-Feb-08, 02:14
Having watched Mr Fayed's outburst on the news yesterday about the death of Diana and Dodi, I get the impression it's a case of sour grapes. He hasn't been granted British citizenship and was basically sticking up his two fingers at the Government and the Establishment. He literally was having his day in court. What are your thoughts?

Good on you Al Fayed, give the royals a taste of what they deserve. I think its excellant that he said Philip was a Nazi, keep up the good work.:lol::lol:

robynaus
23-Feb-08, 00:14
Just a very sad man unable to accept his sons death without someone to blame.
They have been dead for ten years now let them rest in peace
robyn

northener
23-Feb-08, 00:32
So, the pro-conspiracy theorists are happy to believe that unknown forces made sure that Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt and then convinced the driver to ram his car, at high speed, into a concrete pillar knowing full well that the impact would probably kill him.

I'd like to come out with a really arrogant and smart comment right now but, frankly, it's beyond laughing that people still insist on following this line.

Were you born brainwashed by the tabloids or was it a concious decision to rid yourselves of reality?

Leave her alone, for Christs sake.

Yoda the flump
23-Feb-08, 01:47
So, the pro-conspiracy theorists are happy to believe that unknown forces made sure that Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt and then convinced the driver to ram his car, at high speed, into a concrete pillar knowing full well that the impact would probably kill him.

I'd like to come out with a really arrogant and smart comment right now but, frankly, it's beyond laughing that people still insist on following this line.

Were you born brainwashed by the tabloids or was it a concious decision to rid yourselves of reality?

Leave her alone, for Christs sake.

Yep, spot on. Only one person survived the crash and guess what he was the only one wearing?

If there is one thing that can be taken from this sorry mess it is 'WEAR A [expletive] SEAT BELT'