PDA

View Full Version : whats best ?

ciderally
18-Feb-08, 19:15
wanting to move back home..what do you thinks the best ..hire a removal company that costs a small fortune or rent a lorry and diy..does diy really work out cheaper....

davem
18-Feb-08, 19:27
Can you get a container and do it that way. My daughter did, to and from cyprus. Took about 4 weeks tho! I think that cost about £1k.

justine
18-Feb-08, 19:32
Diy is definately cheaper IMHO.
We asked about transporting our stuff up here and got quotes£1500,we bought a van for 500 and moved the lot.We got use of the van after as it was ours, but even rental is a lot cheaper...

I think removal firms cant be trusted..some of them anyway.not sll before i get jumped on..Just the odd dodgy ones...

ciderally
18-Feb-08, 19:38
Can you get a container and do it that way. My daughter did, to and from cyprus. Took about 4 weeks tho! I think that cost about £1k.

never thought of this ...anouther option ...do they go to your nearest port?
have to search the net and get more info as it a good price..thanks

EDDIE
18-Feb-08, 19:41
wanting to move back home..what do you thinks the best ..hire a removal company that costs a small fortune or rent a lorry and diy..does diy really work out cheaper....

you always get what u pay for me personally i would get a removal firm to do it because 1 ure contents is insured if it gets damaged and 2 what a lott of hasstle it saves thats what your paying for renting a van or lorry is a lot cheaper but its some amount of work and hasstle to shift everthing yourself the last time i shifted i moved everthing in my work van and its amazing the amount of stuff u gather and dont relise it until u move?thats why the next time i move im going to get someone to do it for me.
But it depends if u can be bothered with the hasstle or not i cant