PDA

View Full Version : Biscuits

Fluff
17-Feb-08, 17:28
Having just gotten back from Tesco, i decided i needed a cup of Tea. Today I had a Fox's Classic although i am partial to a rich tea!

What is your biscuit of choice?

young_fishin_neep
17-Feb-08, 17:31
hobnobs, they are the best and you can dunk them over and over and they dont fall in your coffee its great

kazzii xxxx

floyed
17-Feb-08, 17:32
I would have to say echo mint biscutes. But never buy them anymore cause i will eat them all in one sitting :lol:

nanoo
17-Feb-08, 17:33
Having just gotten back from Tesco, i decided i needed a cup of Tea. Today I had a Fox's Classic although i am partial to a rich tea!

What is your biscuit of choice?Actually Fluff, i am very partial to a Fox's Classic myself, on the odd occasion though i also like a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer or Tea Cake. ;)

superted
17-Feb-08, 17:36
Its got to be rich tea...make sure I use my big mug and dip them until there just about to break off....mmm:D

highlander
17-Feb-08, 17:36
Abernethy with a slice of cheese on top, yummyyyyyyy

Fluff
17-Feb-08, 17:38
Nanoo, while i was choosing i had a real dilemma of, caramel wafers or fox's classics?
sadly the fox's classics only came in a pack of 18 so i am going to really have to restrain myself!

highlander2222
17-Feb-08, 17:40
Kit Kat nothing like them

justine
17-Feb-08, 17:42
garibaldi and fig rolls. the only thing is after a few of the figs i am running to the loo.................

Fluff
17-Feb-08, 17:42
Kit Kat nothing like them

Have you tried the mint ones? mmmm
seen a pack today of cappuccino kitkats...yuk!

unicorn
17-Feb-08, 17:53
gold bars mmmm

cuddlepop
17-Feb-08, 17:53
Abernethy with a slice of cheese on top, yummyyyyyyy
I love digestives with a slice of cheese,never thought of doing that with an Abernethy.......You better not have started something.;)

canuck
17-Feb-08, 17:59
Having been introduced to 'Jaffa Cakes', I must admit that I now quite like them. ;)

trix
17-Feb-08, 18:02
i lek a cracker wi cheese but iss days am kwite partial til some riveta.

thur great, an ye can put lots o different toppins on (dependin on fits in 'e fridge) cottage cheese wi pineappple an a slice o' chicken rolld up goin doon 'e middle....mmmh....;)

tryin til keep awie fie yon chocolate aynes

ken fit they say, ''a second on 'e lips = a lifetime on 'e hips'' :mad:

Julia
17-Feb-08, 18:29
I love lemon puffs! Shortbread is good too

nanoo
17-Feb-08, 18:34
Have you tried the mint ones? mmmm
seen a pack today of cappuccino kitkats...yuk!Oh Fluff, cappuccino kitkats are delicious(slurp,slurp) but then again, my favourite choc, in a box of chocs IS COFFEE. ;)

sassylass
17-Feb-08, 18:50
shortbread, just cannot stop with one mmmmmm

ANNIE
17-Feb-08, 18:53
mini oatcakes and cheese everytime for me

trix
17-Feb-08, 18:53
shortbread, just cannot stop with one mmmmmm

agreed!!! ;) :mad:

Thumper
17-Feb-08, 18:56
I love a water biscuit with phildephia and salted nuts on top...yum x

paris
17-Feb-08, 18:57
garibaldi and fig rolls. the only thing is after a few of the figs i am running to the loo.................
That takes me back a few years, dead fly biscuits as we called them. jan x

miranda
17-Feb-08, 20:34
mmmm not a biscuit person but can sometimes be persuaded to eat a handful of coconut rings ,mmmmmmm:lol:

ett23
17-Feb-08, 20:46
That takes me back a few years, dead fly biscuits as we called them. jan x

Funny - that's what we used to call them too! ;)
My favourite (when I'm not on a diet) is bourbon biscuits - great for dipping in me tea!!
But if I want a choccie biccie I also love gold bars (good one Unicorn!) or Rocky Caramels - yum, yum!!!:lol:

sweetpea
17-Feb-08, 20:49
Having been introduced to 'Jaffa Cakes', I must admit that I now quite like them. ;)

My favourite too. Can't open a packet without eating the whole lot and you can get them in your mouth whole no bother, nice dipped too but have to be quick.;)

skinnydog
17-Feb-08, 20:52
Ginger nuts and a mug of tea to dunk them in.
Who are all dunkers and what do you dunk?

Sapphire2803
17-Feb-08, 21:26
Ginger nuts to dunk, or all butter shortbread with a cuppa, but no dunking them. Apart from that I'm not a great fan of biccies. Ooh, jaffa cakes... Full moon, half moon, total eclipse. It's the only way to eat them! :lol:

justine
17-Feb-08, 21:28
My favourite too. Can't open a packet without eating the whole lot and you can get them in your mouth whole no bother, nice dipped too but have to be quick.;)

Hope you do the Full moon,Half moon Total eclipse...loved the advert for that one...

dessie
17-Feb-08, 21:30
my wife makes a bisquit..called a shaw bisquit fantastic

hell raizer
17-Feb-08, 21:59
shortbread and wagon wheels are my favourites

TBH
17-Feb-08, 21:59
I remember when the Inland Revenue tried to have jaffa cakes classed as a biscuit so they would be liable for vat.
Back to the thread, you can't beat an Anzac biscuit.

SNOWDOG
17-Feb-08, 22:30

Try the Lidls jaffa cakes, they whack the pants off any other type!:Razz

Yoda the flump
17-Feb-08, 22:39
Jaffa Cakes it is!

TBH
17-Feb-08, 22:41
Jaffa Cakes it is!If the Inland Revenue had their way, jaffa cakes it would be and you'd pay through the nose for them.

chamb
17-Feb-08, 22:48
My fave has to be Jaffa Cakes and Toffee Pops, mmmmmmmmmmm

My hubbys is Bourbon Creams (YUK)

balto
17-Feb-08, 22:51
it has to be a chocolate digestive with a cup of tea

Yoda the flump
17-Feb-08, 22:53
If the Inland Revenue had their way, jaffa cakes it would be and you'd pay through the nose for them.

Yeah, but it would be worth it!

Cinders392
17-Feb-08, 22:57
Whatever happened to the yoyo's! I remember the original and they had mint ones too! horrible how some things get lost in time!
My partner is partial to the malted milk biscuits

Buttercup
18-Feb-08, 01:07
Whatever happened to the yoyo's! I remember the original and they had mint ones too! horrible how some things get lost in time!
My partner is partial to the malted milk biscuits

Yoyo's used to come in a mixed packet with Orange and Blackcurrant ones too, but I always preferred the Toffee ones.
Trying to wean myself off Penguin's ~ you take a wee bite off 2 diagonal corners then sook your tea up through the biscuit. But your timing has to be just right ~ as soon as you feel the tea hit your mouth you have to pack the whole biscuit in or it will fall apart. Delicous!

Foxy
18-Feb-08, 01:26
For me it's oatcakes with syrup yummy :D, or a digestive with chedder cheese.

carasmam
18-Feb-08, 02:16
I love lemon puffs! Shortbread is good too

Mmmmm lemon puffs, hadn't had them for years then bought a packet the other day, gone in one sitting :roll:

sphinx
18-Feb-08, 08:15
i love butter biscuits there ace........;)

duncan1969
18-Feb-08, 09:45
jammy dodgers there excellent

nanoo
18-Feb-08, 16:40
Yoyo's used to come in a mixed packet with Orange and Blackcurrant ones too, but I always preferred the Toffee ones.
Trying to wean myself off Penguin's ~ you take a wee bite off 2 diagonal corners then sook your tea up through the biscuit. But your timing has to be just right ~ as soon as you feel the tea hit your mouth you have to pack the whole biscuit in or it will fall apart. Delicous! Ohhhh loverly Buttercup, my teeth are fair watering at the thought of Toffee Yoyos' I have'nt seen them in years. Mind, maybe that's not a bad thing, because once i opened the packet, i just had to finish them off. Te he. ;)

honey
18-Feb-08, 16:44
toffypops!!! the only bad thing is once the packet is open, its hard to leave them alone.

cheddaries are like that too, and jaffa cakes MMMmmm

marlyn
18-Feb-08, 16:46
Trying to wean myself off Penguin's ~ you take a wee bite off 2 diagonal corners then sook your tea up through the biscuit. But your timing has to be just right ~ as soon as you feel the tea hit your mouth you have to pack the whole biscuit in or it will fall apart. Delicous!

Oooh, I thought I was the only person that did that!! lovely with coffee, unfortunately it is very easy to eat the whole packet with one cup!!! Hence I am on a diet now.

I would eat any of the biscuits mentioned - except wagon wheels. Hungry now!