PDA

View Full Version : Film Soundtracks

rob murray
17-Feb-08, 16:02
Whats your favourite movie soundtrack songs ? Here's 2 of mine
In the name of the father, opening scenes, playing Voodo Chile over a scene featuring a riot in Belfast ( early 70's ) and The Departed, playing over the credits, Roy Buchanan : Sweet Dreams.

justine
17-Feb-08, 16:07
Whats your favourite movie soundtrack songs ? Here's 2 of mine
In the name of the father, opening scenes, playing Voodo Chile over a scene featuring a riot in Belfast ( early 70's ) and The Departed, playing over the credits, Roy Buchanan : Sweet Dreams.

Has to be gladiator..I have the cd

I also like the soundtrack for lion king and Tarzan....

STUDMUFFIN
17-Feb-08, 16:10
I Like "bob The Builder" Soundtrack

rob murray
17-Feb-08, 16:13
I Like "bob The Builder" Soundtrack

Do you like the version of Crocodile Rock ?

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Feb-08, 17:12
Tron (Wendy Carlos), 12 Monkeys (Paul Buckmaster), Original Star Wars Trilogy (John Williams), Harold & Maude (Cat Stevens) to name but a few...

erli
18-Feb-08, 10:44
Barber's, Adagio for Strings from Platoon. Sends shivers down my spine.

WeeRob
18-Feb-08, 22:02
Get Carter, High Fidelity, The Harder They Come........

But "In The Name Of The Father" gets my vote for best use of music. Awesome stuff!

bobbyrussell09
20-Feb-08, 12:36
the lion king had a good sound track

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Feb-08, 23:13
I cannae give a favourite soundtrack for I have two.For a feel of the film Trainspotting.For a soundtrack that deals with the situation of a film for me it has to be Mike Oldfields Killing Fields soundtrack,excellent.

Sorry Rob,soundtrack songs.To me it has to be Lust for Life in Trainspotting and Etude in the Killing Fields.

bobbyrussell09
25-Feb-08, 20:16
good morning vietnam had a good soundtrack

Boozeburglar
25-Feb-08, 20:47
Two of my favourites, Woodstock and 200 Motels.

My all time favourite? The Last Waltz.

fingalmacool
25-Feb-08, 21:15
The Mission and Once Apon a Time in America, two very haunting sound scores.

trix
26-Feb-08, 00:10
pink floyd 'the wall' [lol]

theboysintheband
26-Feb-08, 00:55
I hear yee Boozeburglar! The Last Waltz all the way!

gemma89
26-Feb-08, 02:01
hmmm.. al th chick flick ones!! :lol:

greace, pretty woman, dirty dancin etc...

rob murray
26-Feb-08, 10:42
I cannae give a favourite soundtrack for I have two.For a feel of the film Trainspotting.For a soundtrack that deals with the situation of a film for me it has to be Mike Oldfields Killing Fields soundtrack,excellent.

Sorry Rob,soundtrack songs.To me it has to be Lust for Life in Trainspotting and Etude in the Killing Fields.

Lust for life brilliant !! I remember hearing this in the last 70's and thinking the song was crap. Flash forward for to Trainspotting and within the context of the film it seems to take a life of its own, Absolutely brilliant.

octane
26-Feb-08, 13:10
Barber's, Adagio for Strings from Platoon. Sends shivers down my spine.

Deffo agree there, everyone I speak to looks at me funny when I try to explain the feeling. It just sends immense shivers from the back of my head right down my body when the volumes cranked up.

honey
26-Feb-08, 13:15
Dirty Dancing
Grease
Interview with the vampire
The little mermaid (and most other disney films!! hah)
the labrynth...

there must be many more..

Deemac
26-Feb-08, 13:28
"Amadeus" - this one got me started on classical music and opera and in particular the genius of Mozart!!

"Farinelli-Il-Castrato" - more opera.

Two great movies, very entertaining - highly recommended, superb soundtracks.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Feb-08, 23:33
Deffo agree there, everyone I speak to looks at me funny when I try to explain the feeling. It just sends immense shivers from the back of my head right down my body when the volumes cranked up.

Crackin tune.But the song was better used for me in 'The Elephant Man' starring John Hurt,very moving.

Blast!
29-Feb-08, 01:24
Top Gun ftw!

ronald.val
29-Feb-08, 02:48
Where do you start?
But I have to admit to being unable to keep my feet still when it comes to---- "FOOTLOOSE" [smirk]
I know , I know, corny for some of you out there but oh how I wish I could make these creaking joints do what they used to do years ago !!!! :)

~~Tides~~
29-Feb-08, 23:29
O' Brother Where Art Thou? - The Soggy Bottom Boys

Best OST ever!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-08, 00:22
Another one for me.The film Help by the Beatles.The songs "You've got to hide your love away" and of course hands doon "Help".

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-08, 00:37
pink floyd 'the wall' [lol]

Crackin album and good film.Ma only disappointment wi the film was the use of the song 'Comfortably Numb'.They set it in the film,which looked liked the Second World War,but Pink in his adulthood was in a futuristic seventies eighties sort of feel.Where as the kid in the 'Comfortably Numb' sequence would have been an adult in the fifties or sixties.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-08, 00:54
But then the duff up in 'The Wall' was in my opinion just a musical duff up.Cos Alan Parker went on to direct 'The Commitments',man a soundtrack of pure soul,soul,soul.Irish soul at that.:lol::lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Mar-08, 01:04
Or what about a wee bit of mixing it up ......'Quadrophenia' and 'Tommy' where the soundtracks outclassed the films.;)

the second coming
23-Mar-08, 16:10
Quadrophenia - great soundtrack, great film
Platoon soundtrack
Face (UK ganster film) - great soundtrack, magic film
Layer Cake - the only time I liked Duran Duran
Taxi (french version) - not much into drum n bass but it fits well with the film
Highlander - cheesy film, great soundtrack
The Omen, Godfather........I could go on but I dont have a favourite, just depends on my mood

obiron
24-Mar-08, 14:56
dirty dancing
good morning vietnam
hard days night.

Foxy
24-Mar-08, 22:34
Top Gun
Dirty dancing
Grease.

Anne x
25-Mar-08, 00:09
Officer and A Gentleman

Ghost close 1st

Grease

trix
25-Mar-08, 00:13
oh brother, where art tho?

think someone mite o' mentioned 'at aine tho...

DEEKER
25-Mar-08, 15:02
got to be Bladerunner.........soundtrack by Vangellis i think?

Brimac1978
02-Apr-08, 15:36
Lords of dogtown sound track or almost famous!!ace films and ace sound tracks!!!

although blade is up there with them!!