PDA

View Full Version : SO i will start my own one lol

highlander
15-Feb-08, 17:55
MY what a lovely weather we are having, lets hope it lasts, great to get the washing hung out, and see the snowdrops, and crocus coming into bloom, i bought bulbs from black isle show, this is the first ones to flower.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/highlander1959/12thfeb2008030.jpg

lady penelope
15-Feb-08, 18:59
They are beautiful. The snowdrops in my garden are starting to flower. Spring has sprung.:D

Max
15-Feb-08, 20:16
Yes - I actually left my horses out tonight with their rugs on 'cos basically they didn't want to come in!! Hope this weather holds!

Cinderella's Shoe
15-Feb-08, 20:21
Lovely flowers. Obviously benefitting from the contents of the cat's box.......

MadPict
15-Feb-08, 20:21
and crocus coming into bloom

They look like little wind turbines......;)

Chligh
15-Feb-08, 20:26
Has anyone been to Forse House hotel Thurso - the snowdrops are wonderful? Have you ever heard of make your wish on the first snowdrop you see?? well there is loads of wishes!!

miranda
15-Feb-08, 22:49
fingers crossed..spring has sprung...:lol:

bluebell
15-Feb-08, 22:55
Lovin the crocus mines are flowering to(I only have 3) can't wait till all the daffies are out up the river then spring has sprung

miranda
15-Feb-08, 23:01
i love daffies..i know they are common but they are 1 of my fav flowers... love seeing the riverside covered in them :lol:

highlander
15-Feb-08, 23:10
Cinderella's shoe lol that is a plastic 45 gallon drum split vertically, OMG or either that, there is BEEG pudy-tat's in caithness lol

miranda
15-Feb-08, 23:20
LOL.. hope not highlander or thet poor flowers havn't got a look in !!!

^beeg pussy cat^.. ooohh look a nice big litter tray.. and it comes with flowers ^^...lol

highlander
16-Feb-08, 01:23
Madpict u are BAD!!! stand in the corner lol

helenwyler
16-Feb-08, 01:58
They look like little wind turbines......

MadPict[lol]!

Can't get the quote about crocuses up here.... but you need to get yourself bulb-educated;)!

ywindythesecond
18-Feb-08, 23:09
The traditional test for spring having arrived is when a maiden can cover seven daisies with her foot.
No shortage of daisies in Caithness, but......

sphinx
19-Feb-08, 00:44
love the flowers....

Foxy
19-Feb-08, 13:50
Weather is so lovely i'm doing my spring cleaning. :eek:

Kenn
19-Feb-08, 14:07
Steady on Foxy!

badger
19-Feb-08, 14:15
Snowdrops everywhere and I do love snowdrops, can't have too many. But where are my daffies? The older ones are showing but not ones planted in 2006. They all came up last spring. I keep peering into the grass and poking - nothing. Is there a wakeup call? Can't they feel the sun?

Foxy
19-Feb-08, 15:24
Steady on Foxy!

Lizz you offering to help if so i will stop now as i've done 2 bedrooms and a bathroom so far, only another 5 rooms to go. :roll:

balto
19-Feb-08, 15:26
the weather is lovely at the moment my daffys are starting to come out lets just hope things dont go back the way:Razz:Razz

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Feb-08, 15:27
your lambing/calving must be going well foxy if you at e spring cleaning or no at at yet. cracking trade QB last week eh ? fat cattle here the day stots averaging 145 and heifers 144!!! On the way up eh!!

Foxy
19-Feb-08, 15:32
your lambing/calving must be going well foxy if you at e spring cleaning or no at at yet. cracking trade QB last week eh ? fat cattle here the day stots averaging 145 and heifers 144!!! On the way up eh!!

Lambing dosen't start to 8th March and the calving has started but slow, so i'm doing spring cleaning now so by the time lambing is done house will be back to normal. [lol] Trade was great but we were needing it.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Feb-08, 15:42
you got on fine yourselves???

i wonder how much a difference it made with Blair Duffton no being there.....few boys would have come out the woodwork that wouldn't normally have been there.....

Wonder how he's getting on back in the box in Wooler......

I'll need to spring clean my house in Dingwall as i'm in the process of moving home....yeeeaaahh!!!

helenwyler
19-Feb-08, 15:48
But where are my daffies? The older ones are showing but not ones planted in 2006. They all came up last spring. I keep peering into the grass and poking - nothing. Is there a wakeup call? Can't they feel the sun?

Hi badger

If you can't see any leaves, could it be that your daffy bulbs have been eaten by mice, voles or squirrels? Rabbits also eat the new leaves. As far as I know badgers are not the culprits...unless someone knows better;).

paris
19-Feb-08, 16:08
I'm really peeved now ! Its been so cold and dull here. We've had freezing fog for days now and any flowers that had started to come out are now a pile of mush. Did try to dry some washing but it came back in stiff and wetter than it went out . Roll on summer . Jan x

George Brims
20-Feb-08, 02:01
Take a look at this link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/EthansDay/2007_0324_DaffodilGarden/photo#5045659580018314610

This daffodil garden is in Running Springs, East of Los Angeles. They have been adding bulbs to it for 45 years. It (and the owners' house) recently survived the big wildfires that went through the area. They suffered a lot of damage in one some years ago however. Click on "slideshow" on the right hand side of the page to get a good impression of the place.

Margaret M.
20-Feb-08, 04:17
This daffodil garden is in Running Springs, East of Los Angeles.
Really beautiful! I love the hyacinth -- I bet it smells divine there.

Lolabelle
20-Feb-08, 07:29
We have some crocus's coming up down here too....

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/Crocus.gif