PDA

View Full Version : Having a Bad Day...

justine
15-Feb-08, 13:48
Well sometime ago i started a thread about post natal depression.Well i have now been on the medication for nearly two months and i can say that they are helping(Yeah right).
Well today i am having a real clack day.Everything is annoying me, The kids the dogs the tv, the birds outside..I hate it when things get like this because i am a loving person who loves life..i am struggling to come to terms with the way i feel about things these days.I have been putting all my energy into my kids and my new puppy, which has been keeping me occupied but i just cant get to grips with life today..
I dont want to be here and there is nothing i can do but hope the days gets better. yes i am wring this as i really need to be cheered up...Any one else having a bad time of things at the mo cause i know i am........:(:~(

ciderally
15-Feb-08, 13:54
what about sometime for yourself justine, for a little while forget the kids and dogs and house easier said than done i know but my thoughts are with you xx

justine
15-Feb-08, 13:58
what about sometime for yourself justine, for a little while forget the kids and dogs and house easier said than done i know but my thoughts are with you xx

Oh how i wish.It is impossible.I have a three year old going for her pre school booster this afternoon, well hubby is...My time is in my head locked in my room, but dont get the peace for that here...

Liz
15-Feb-08, 14:05
Oh Justine so sorry you are having such a rotten time.:(

Yes I get days like these and they are awful!

I know you don't have a lot of time to yourself and that is probably a lot of the problem in that you will be tired.
However, can you get five minutes to yourself to have a nice candlelight bath with some lavender oil in the bath?
Just close your eyes and breathe deeply.

Justine I ordered a CD which is supposed to help depression but I haven't got around to trying it. Would you like a loan?

ett23
15-Feb-08, 14:05
I've always thought it must be an awful thing to suffer with PND - I had baby blues with both of mine and that was bad enough. Felt like I couldn't do anything but cry and feel miserable, as if there was no light at the end of the tunnel. But in a week or so I was back to normal.

Sorry Justine, wish there was an easy answer to this one but there's not. Maybe planning a night out with some girl friends - do something special just for 'you' would help? But then you'll probably get home and hit reality again! :roll:

Just remember we're all thinking of you and wishing you feel better soon. :)

Rie
15-Feb-08, 14:06
hi justine,
Kind of know how you feel, although its not postnatal deppresion, i have but deppresion from maridge break up, i know what its like!
will pm you!

balto
15-Feb-08, 14:24
hi justine, i have pm you so chin up hun and hold on in there as i know from experiance what a living nightmare it can be but i promise it does get better.

justine
15-Feb-08, 15:11
hi justine, i have pm you so chin up hun and hold on in there as i know from experiance what a living nightmare it can be but i promise it does get better.

Thanks balto and everyone else who has given me words to cheer me up...I just wish things would sort themselves out so i can get back to my life as it was before....hectic but copeable, now it is a nightmare getting the energy to get up and do my duties....I am going to do a runner with my dogs and see if all this will go away for at least a coupkle of hours before all the kids come home and i have to start all over again until they go to bed....

Flair
15-Feb-08, 16:39
Just a bad day? My whole week's been rubbish.

I've been robbed of change by bus drivers, snottering all week, got a mountain of hard work to do for Monday, a hospital appointment next week for something else that I can't even spell, technical difficulties, tests coming up, a postie who won't shut my gate, the telly's rotten and there's another Sunday coming up which I'm going to do sod all in.

And you think you've got problems? :lol:;)

justine
15-Feb-08, 17:20
Just a bad day? My whole week's been rubbish.

I've been robbed of change by bus drivers, snottering all week, got a mountain of hard work to do for Monday, a hospital appointment next week for something else that I can't even spell, technical difficulties, tests coming up, a postie who won't shut my gate, the telly's rotten and there's another Sunday coming up which I'm going to do sod all in.

And you think you've got problems? :lol:;)
To be honest flair i would rather have your menial problems that can obviously be sorted out...Tell your postman to shut your gate, get on with your work and stop moaning like a baby.This is not a thread about menial thing this is a serious post about the effects of depression...you know like not wanting to live, not having the energy to do anything, cant face up to life in general so take your problems elsewhere.Thanks

Flair
15-Feb-08, 17:41
Hey, take it easy, if I felt like moaning I would have moaned and got in your face. :D

What I did was look at my small problems with a light-hearted attitude, which is what I think you need to do with your bigger ones. When it comes down to it, it's the same thing on a larger scale.

I'm not a psychiatrist so I can't give any professional advice. But to me, you just need to pull yourself together, take it a day at a time and don't let your life be controlled by doom and gloom.

There's good in any situation, so get in there and look for that light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with it. ;)

justine
15-Feb-08, 17:45
Hey, take it easy, if I felt like moaning I would have moaned and got in your face. :D

What I did was look at my small problems with a light-hearted attitude, which is what I think you need to do with your bigger ones. When it comes down to it, it's the same thing on a larger scale.

I'm not a psychiatrist so I can't give any professional advice. But to me, you just need to pull yourself together, take it a day at a time and don't let your life be controlled by doom and gloom.

There's good in any situation, so get in there and look for that light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with it. ;)
Would love to see you get in my face.Sorry dont take things to kindly.You think i enjoy feeling crap all the time.If i could just get it sorted dont you think i would.i have to live with this until it goes away .

Sandra_B
15-Feb-08, 17:54
Sorry to hear you are having a rotten day. I wish I had some advice for you but unfortunately I don't. I have suffered with depression myself and know what you're going through. I hope things looks brighter soon (((hugs)))

Liz
15-Feb-08, 18:03

Typical reaction of someone who has no idea what it is like to be clinically depressed![evil]

Flair
15-Feb-08, 18:30
I can't help the way I feel about certain things. Trying to get on with life and trying to see it through to the end are the only things I suggest because they're the only things I feel have a chance of working. I don't think drugging up with pills and potions would do anybody any favours.

I don't know why you're getting so hostile. Perhaps I don't know what it's like and I'm not saying that I do. I'm not saying that my advice is gospel either. All I'm trying to do is offer some friendly advice in the form of the only things that I feel might have a chance of working.

I'm not trying to annoy you or mock you. I'm trying to help you. I might not be the best at it, but I can still at least try can't I? Is that really so wrong of me?

justine
15-Feb-08, 19:51
I can't help the way I feel about certain things. Trying to get on with life and trying to see it through to the end are the only things I suggest because they're the only things I feel have a chance of working. I don't think drugging up with pills and potions would do anybody any favours.

I don't know why you're getting so hostile. Perhaps I don't know what it's like and I'm not saying that I do. I'm not saying that my advice is gospel either. All I'm trying to do is offer some friendly advice in the form of the only things that I feel might have a chance of working.

I'm not trying to annoy you or mock you. I'm trying to help you. I might not be the best at it, but I can still at least try can't I? Is that really so wrong of me?
No you dont have any idea what its like to be a level headed person all their lives and to be suddenly thrown into a world of unknown.So please dont give advise if you dont know what its like.
I have spent nearly all my life battling with depression without medication, but unfortunately i lost the battle...You think a life on medication is what i choose but if it helps me get on with my life then thats what i have to do...

You have a right to choose your words of help, but in a situation like this it really is the wrong thing to do...Comparing menial problems you have with a life changing thing like depression, which never truely goes. Days are good and days are crap, but i do my best with my family and my life so please unless you have something worth listening to please leave me alone with this.I take comfort from my family/ friends on the org and there kind words, i dont need some little man/woman coming in an telling me to sort my self out, you make me sound like a druggy who enjoys taking medication.WELL I DONT>>>>>>>>>[evil]

I'm da Mamma
15-Feb-08, 20:21
Hi Justine

What can I say, it's tough enough being a mum, never mind when you are down in the dumps. Keep your chin up girl, I promise it will get better.

:D

Flair
15-Feb-08, 20:55
You have a right to choose your words of help, but in a situation like this it really is the wrong thing to do...Comparing menial problems you have with a life changing thing like depression, which never truely goes. Days are good and days are crap, but i do my best with my family and my life so please unless you have something worth listening to please leave me alone with this.I take comfort from my family/ friends on the org and there kind words,i dont need some little man/woman coming in an telling me to sort my self out, you make me sound like a druggy who enjoys taking medication.WELL I DONT>>>>>>>>>[evil]

And I sure as hell don't need this. But I respect your honesty; at least I know not to bother next time. Besides, you're right, it's none of my concern, or at least it shouldn't be. So let's just drop it and I'll leave you to it.

And for the record, not once did I hint at you being a druggy or that you enjoy taking medication. Not once! That's just how you've chosen to interpret it.

I'm da Mamma
15-Feb-08, 21:55
Justine, some people can be very self centred and insular. You must rise above silly, selfish comments and ignore them. Some of us really feel for you.

Thumper
15-Feb-08, 21:58
Just take one day at a time....its the only thing you can do right now Hun and try not to worry cos it just makes you feel worse!But def try to get some "me time" hard I know in your busy house but it will help xx

bluebell
15-Feb-08, 22:13
Justine, hope your feeling better, we all have our down days and it's good to have someone to talk to even if it's on here, take care girl and comfort in knowing that there are nice people here that will listen xxx

NLP
15-Feb-08, 23:13
Hope you feel better soon Justine, and you just keep on sharing with us, If talking to us helps you that's good.;)

justine
15-Feb-08, 23:14
And I sure as hell don't need this. But I respect your honesty; at least I know not to bother next time. Besides, you're right, it's none of my concern, or at least it shouldn't be. So let's just drop it and I'll leave you to it.

And for the record, not once did I hint at you being a druggy or that you enjoy taking medication. Not once! That's just how you've chosen to interpret it.
Thanks...........:lol:

hotrod4
16-Feb-08, 07:33
We all get down days and up days, I just "fight" my way out to the good.
Depression is not an easy thing to deal with but with support and consideration from others it can be beaten.
I have been down that dark hole but managed to reach the end, it was a struggle but i just decided I had to get a grip and did. Havent looked back since, every time i felt a bit down i would tell myself "not today you dont!" and force myself out the other side.
Maybe I am the lucky one but theres always hope?

Chin up justine, I always think of the words of the oasis song "little by little" and they make me feel better, good luck x
:)

Little by Little

We the people fight for our existance
We don't claim to be perfect
But we're free
We dream our dreams alone
With no resistance
Fading like the stars we wish to be
You know i didn't mean
What i just said
But my god woke up
On the wrong side of his bed
And it just don't matter now

Cos little by little
We gave you everything
You ever dreamed of
Little by little
The wheels of your life
Have slowly fallen off
Little by little
You have to live it all in all your life
And all the time i just ask myself why
You're really here

balto
16-Feb-08, 12:01
[quote=Flair;339888]Hey, take it easy, if I felt like moaning I would have moaned and got in your face.

There's good in any situation, so get in there and look for that light at the end of the tunnel.Can i ask have if your are female have you or anyone you no ever suffered from postnatal depression appears to me that you havent because you would never have told justine to pull herself together i have suffered with this illness badly since i had my youngest child and it isnt just a case of pulling yourself together, what is needed is a friend to be there to help suffers through the bad times, please think before you say things like that:mad::mad:

badger
16-Feb-08, 12:42
Can i ask have if your are female have you or anyone you no ever suffered from postnatal depression appears to me that you havent because you would never have told justine to pull herself together i have suffered with this illness badly since i had my youngest child and it isnt just a case of pulling yourself together, what is needed is a friend to be there to help suffers through the bad times, please think before you say things like that

I think flair has got the message by now, no point keeping on about it.

I've never had PND but know a bit about depression and much as it would be nice if trying to look on the bright side, counting blessings, even bathing with candles worked, they don't. If I wake up feeling bad I've found the only way to deal with it is talk to someone, even if only on the phone, and preferably someone who is going to make you feel good about yourself. Get out of the house if you can and pass the time of day with someone in a shop - just being able to smile and say hello helps a bit. It's the downside of waking up happy when it seems nothing bad can touch you. These things come out of nowhere.

One practical hint if it's any help. It may sound crazy but I do believe what you eat makes a difference. I know if I've been lazy and eaten junk, or cut a meal and had a bad snack - I always feel worse next day. It's been proved over and over again that diet affects behaviour and mood.

You're a wonderful person, justine. Don't let any little black devils on your shoulder tell you otherwise :) .

justine
16-Feb-08, 13:00
Yes i agree badger.Flair and i have come to the agreement to leave it,so please everyone let it go now..I know he was only trying to help although his words were of the wrong choise they were well meant.I think.

I had a go back yesterday because of the way i was feeling and i hope that we have many happy posts in the future...

Men can never really appreciate what PND does as it is a hormonal thing that only us women can suffer.There is no controlling what you think or say, do or dont do,we just have to ride it through.I know someone mentioned that i need to talk to someone about things as i have braoched the subject on here, but sometimes airing the bad days help for the next morning and in this case it has made today so much easier....
As for getting out it is pretty hard to just up and go away when i have so big a family to look after.I get my time to do as i feel, but my duties as a mother have to come first....

My diet,well i dont eat junk food and i love all my health foods..I have to be after having somany kids i could gather the pounds by looking at a cream cake.I get out with my dogs and enjoy that, but when the days start off bad it takes its tolls...

Thanks for the wonderful person badger.You are to my friend...
This is how i feel today....... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_60.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxuk101MXGB)

sweetpea
16-Feb-08, 22:52
Justine, remember the phrase 'this too shall pass'. You know I've not got kids but I have clinical depression, spoke about it before. I also have times when I'm in a total state of fear, fear of everything. I've not been over the door for nearly 3 weeks now, bet it shows in my posts. I get up, dressed, put my make up on and with the best intentions make a list of what I want to achieve in the day but a lot of the time I don't do it for fear of myself and mucking it up or bumping into the wrong person and crap like that. Friend say to me things like ' your gorgeous what have you got to be depressed about' or 'chin up it might never happen' but in my world this doesn't ring true.
I truly believe folk things with the best of intentions and mean well but if your depressed it's not really enough is it? Forums are all well and good but nothing beats face to face so if you need a visit I'll come see you some time. All the best
sweetpea X

justine
16-Feb-08, 23:09
Justine, remember the phrase 'this too shall pass'. You know I've not got kids but I have clinical depression, spoke about it before. I also have times when I'm in a total state of fear, fear of everything. I've not been over the door for nearly 3 weeks now, bet it shows in my posts. I get up, dressed, put my make up on and with the best intentions make a list of what I want to achieve in the day but a lot of the time I don't do it for fear of myself and mucking it up or bumping into the wrong person and crap like that. Friend say to me things like ' your gorgeous what have you got to be depressed about' or 'chin up it might never happen' but in my world this doesn't ring true.
I truly believe folk things with the best of intentions and mean well but if your depressed it's not really enough is it? Forums are all well and good but nothing beats face to face so if you need a visit I'll come see you some time. All the best
sweetpea X

Have sent you a pm hun......

madmissus
17-Feb-08, 16:22
Justine, I know wot you are going through as I have had pnd in the past. Stick in there, it will get better, I promise. I got a lot of help from the Association of Post Natal Illness in London by e-mail I can give you the e-mail address if you want or if you google you will get it. By the way you know me as I helped look after you when you had your last baby, I am a midwife. You can always contact me through work if I can be of any help, won't give names over the Web!! Cheers

Fran
18-Feb-08, 04:32
Justine, i feel so sorry for you. I am going through a depression time just now but not on the scale you are, it must be awful for you.somedays I feel I cant be bothered to get up and dont seem to get anything done, then other days I seem able to get going, but i am crying a lot. i dont want pills as i know it will pass, but it seems to be getting worse.
There is a group running in thurso for people suffering from depression but I dont know much about it. I would think the midwives would have a group for post natal depression. It always helps to talk to others with the same problems. I do wish you luck in getting well very soon, and hope you will have more "good" days than "bad" ones.

justine
18-Feb-08, 10:53
Justine, i feel so sorry for you. I am going through a depression time just now but not on the scale you are, it must be awful for you.somedays I feel I cant be bothered to get up and dont seem to get anything done, then other days I seem able to get going, but i am crying a lot. i dont want pills as i know it will pass, but it seems to be getting worse.
There is a group running in thurso for people suffering from depression but I dont know much about it. I would think the midwives would have a group for post natal depression. It always helps to talk to others with the same problems. I do wish you luck in getting well very soon, and hope you will have more "good" days than "bad" ones.

Oh fran my heart goes out to you..I know you have been having a real bad time of things lately and i hope it gets easier for you..If it is getting so bad then maybe getting some meds could be the answer.It was not a path that i chose lightly as i kept thinking it will pass but it did not.I had no other way out than going to see the doc..I am now reliant on them until my brain picks up the good hormones in my body.Thats the worst about pnd, it is so hormonal that there is no controlling the good days and the bad..But i know that in a few more months i should be feeling more like myself..

You take care fran i am always here if you need a blether....