PDA

View Full Version : Attn Pennyland Primary Parents Re: Parking

3boys4me
15-Feb-08, 11:51
I dropped off my children this morning at school only yet again to watch parents parking on the zigzag lines, overtaking without looking, dangerously parking and god knows what else. A couple months ago I dropped off my son at the school and waited with him to cross the zebra lines in front of the school. he checked both ways and began to cross when this 'parent' pulled out from behind the school bus and coontinued to drive across the lines almost knocking my son over. What gets me is that they park on the zigzag lines so their little angels only have 2 feet to walk in the school gate. Well, everone else wants their little angels to live too! Sorry about the rant but it gets me so angry that people flout the rules and endanger other peoples children cause they think they can! URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torvaig
15-Feb-08, 11:58
Would it do to ask for a traffic warden to observe the miscreants and give them a warning or even more? Can't blame you for getting upset; you have every right to be; the selfishness of some people is beyond belief....[evil]

NickInTheNorth
15-Feb-08, 12:07
totally agree with you, the driving around the school is ridiculous. I can just imagine what some of the parents would have to say if they were watching rather than driving!

It really could do with a regular police presence.

parkie
15-Feb-08, 13:10
this happen,s in wick,same parent,s,we had the traffic warden up all car,s park perfectly, next day back to parking where they like

ABC
15-Feb-08, 13:18
It will be the same as everything else, nothing will be done about it until it is too late for somebody:(

ashaw1
15-Feb-08, 13:37
this happen,s in wick,same parent,s,we had the traffic warden up all car,s park perfectly, next day back to parking where they like
Was just about to say exactly the same thing!

Torvaig
15-Feb-08, 15:02
Photographs and registration numbers next; don't wait for anyone official to deal with this; it is happening now; tomorrow may be too late....

Metalattakk
15-Feb-08, 15:39
Complain to the school. If they don't have the clout to get something done about it (either by putting letters home to parents or by contacting the Police themselves) then who does?

3boys4me
15-Feb-08, 16:42
you know what I think would work but probably not allowed? Is a name and shame in the school where people take down plate no or photos and post them up at parents night! Huma rights would have a field day though

Riffman
15-Feb-08, 16:49
Taking photos in a public place is perfectly legal.

Take some pics and make a decent display. The pictures will speak for themselves.

ashaw1
15-Feb-08, 17:30
Complain to the school. If they don't have the clout to get something done about it (either by putting letters home to parents or by contacting the Police themselves) then who does?
I know at my son's primary school in Wick letters are regularly sent home to the parents and it makes no difference at all!

bish667
15-Feb-08, 18:14
I think it comes down to the parents getting their driving licenses by collecting tokens from corn flakes as they dont understand basic driving rules, or it could be rice crispies.

gambler1
15-Feb-08, 18:31
if the parents park perfect when the wardens around & go back to thier old antics when hes gone then why not have cctv outside the schools or the janitor stand & note all the number plates of those who park on the zig zags & past them on to the police surley that would help,

Big G
15-Feb-08, 22:30
The janitor stands on the road both at 2.45pm and 3.15pm when it is home time so children can cross safely and he ensures that all cars are moved on if they are parked on the zig zag lines.

I doubt a note being sent home would make any difference what so ever, however the Traffic Warden might make a difference! (for a day or two...!)

wifie
15-Feb-08, 22:34
Happens down here too - you should see it on a wet day - if they could drive into the school they would. Sadly, too, lots of the parents have only driven a few hundred yards to get their children to school. Notes from the school seem to make absolutely no difference!

Thumper
15-Feb-08, 22:35
It wouldnt make any difference,well to the lazy ones anyway!I picked up my son from the disco at skinandis tonight,cars everywhere!most of them parked as near as possible to the door :roll: sheesh has nobody got legs nowadays?Miller is another example....parents start parking there at 2.45 to save them walking a few feet! x

footie chick
16-Feb-08, 00:32
It's the same with every school in the county firstly you have to dodge the pot holes then dodge that nutters that think they have the right of way {against the flow of traffic} to pick up/drop off their little chrub [evil]

It's a perfect system when the police/authoritys are around but what about the rest of the time?

Also when I went to school there were no lifts it was walk or take your bike why is there no cycling proficincy {sp sorry} taught at school now adays? A very useful skill also would help to cut childhood obesity?

SNOWDOG
16-Feb-08, 11:11
Happens at Hillhead Primary all the time, people block the flow of traffic and affect the crossing area by parking in the zig-zags, then they take off like the bats, and they wonder why people glower at them! And dont get me started on Chelsea Tractors!! :mad:

marlyn
17-Feb-08, 16:29
my daughter is at Pennyland, and I do not park at the school for this very reason. I just don't feel that it is safe. I park at Castlegreen Road and she comes through Trostan Terrace, but I think that I am one of the only people that do this. Nobody walks anywhere these days!

highlander2222
17-Feb-08, 17:34
Happens at Hillhead Primary all the time, people block the flow of traffic and affect the crossing area by parking in the zig-zags, then they take off like the bats, and they wonder why people glower at them! And dont get me started on Chelsea Tractors!! :mad:

Totaly agree Hillhead is terrible Can we name and shame them

SNOWDOG
17-Feb-08, 22:25
Totaly agree Hillhead is terrible Can we name and shame them

Probably not a good idea as the guilty seem to have more rights than the innocent nowadays! ;)

mccaugm
18-Feb-08, 10:31
I do not drive and as such when my children were younger they either walked if it was dry or took the bus if it was wet. Why do parents now insist on driving a few hundred yards, so their "little angels" get to school on time. What about the walking buses they have in some areas, the children have luminous tabbards and walk to the school. They are "picked up" by a rota of parents or teachers. This would encourage exercise in both the parents and the children and save the snarl ups outside schools at peak times. It would also discourage the children from going into the sweet shops and spending what should be their dinner money.