PDA

View Full Version : Hello

johndh
15-Feb-08, 10:54
Just a quick post to say Hello.

My name is John and recently moved to Occumster and I was delighted to find these forums and the Caithness.org site.

There was a community web site in my last place and all folk did was moan. This site has got to be the best. Folk are buying, selling, having chinwags, everything. I'm looking forward to joining in, maybe share some of my photographs. I see there are some very well accomplished photographers already here and enjoy looking at their work. Now I am running a small croft for the first time, I have much to learn. The first lesson, I guess, is how to live with no money, but hey, cant take it with me :D

I'm looking forward to joining in, see you all soon.

John

STUDMUFFIN
15-Feb-08, 10:55
hello john , welcome.

ett23
15-Feb-08, 10:59
Welcome to Caithness. You'll love it here. They make you feel right at home! ;):lol:

highlander
15-Feb-08, 11:00
Hiya John, weclome to the Org, we are like one big family in here, you get your arguments, tears, tantrums but im sure we all louveeeee each other really. LOL

raymac
15-Feb-08, 11:13
welcome to caithness..

Highland Lass
15-Feb-08, 11:17
Hello John welcome to caithness,one lovely place,as for photos love seeing them good luck with new home.

router
15-Feb-08, 11:20
Welcome John.Hope you have many good times on here, such a friendly place.Hope you do well with your crofting, you will get as much advise as you can take on here.Helpfull lot.All you have to do s ask...

justine
15-Feb-08, 11:26
welcome to the org Happy piostine john.Need any advise just ask around.....

johnlc
15-Feb-08, 11:50
Hi john welcome to caithness and the world of org

weestraw
15-Feb-08, 11:59
Hi John Welcome to the .org - Happy posting and good luck wi the crofting.

silverfox57
15-Feb-08, 12:13
hi john as a new member my self have found members on org a happy bunch ,i very warm welcome ,hope you enjoy the hot summers up here,

Munro
15-Feb-08, 12:18
Hello John,
We are envious, we live in Sussex but would love to live just where you are, It would be good to hear regular updates on how you are getting on in your new venture. We are regular visitors to Latheron/Lybster area as my wife has family buried in Latheron. Have a good life in a fantastic place.

Best wishes, Munro

grandma
15-Feb-08, 12:33
Hi John welcome to the .org. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and good luck with the crofting. :D

Thumper
15-Feb-08, 13:03
Hello and welcome to the org! happy posting x

nanoo
15-Feb-08, 13:03
Hi John, welcome to the family of Org. We are really a happy bunch and i'm sure you'll fit right in with us, mind it helps if you are a little mad, te he. Happy posting John.;)

Riffman
15-Feb-08, 13:23
There was a community web site in my last place and JUST LIKE THIS ONE ALL THE folk do is moan. This site has got to be the worst.

[lol]

Welcome aboard! Got rabbits that need clearing give me a shout, very tasty stewed up!

ciderally
15-Feb-08, 13:30
hello and welcome john and im sure your croft and you will be just fine..xx

johndh
15-Feb-08, 13:48
Wow, what a welcome, thanks everyone. I've already managed to get my Hen House organised and the first 12 Hens will be here in a few weeks. I just need to organise some sheep. Caroline, my wife, keeps telling me to get 6 ewes and a ram as a starter. Sounds good to me, but I don't know where to get them, and I have no trailer.

I have already taken some photographs, I'll post some in the photography forum.

I have been here about 5 weeks and spoken to more people in that time than I ever did down south, amazing.

John

Rie
15-Feb-08, 14:02
HI,John, and Caroline,
Welcome to caithness,and the wonderful org,full of friendly people!
I moved to caithness 3 years ago and havent looked back! the best thing i ever did, i hope you feel the same way.
Every one in the chat room is happy and friendly so pop in for a chat one evening, might i reccomend the quiz on a sunday night at 8;30pm its great fun.
Happy crofting!:D

balto
15-Feb-08, 14:26
hi john welcome to the wonderfull world of the org have fun:lol::lol:

alanatkie
15-Feb-08, 14:33
Hello & welcome Johndh.
Good luck with your crofting & look forward to seeing your posts & pics

karia
15-Feb-08, 14:52
A warm welcome to the Org and we hope to see and hear lots more from you!:D

bluebell
15-Feb-08, 14:52
Welcome to caithness & happy crofting

Foxy
15-Feb-08, 15:18
Hi Johndh and welcome to the org. :)

cuddlepop
15-Feb-08, 17:40
Happy posting.
Its a great site,cant be beatin for friendlyness.:D

Tighsonas4
15-Feb-08, 21:01
HI JOHN
hope you enjoy your new life. certainly picked one of the nicer spots in the
county. may call in for some eggs one day when the hens start to lay [lol]
all the best tony

Dadie
15-Feb-08, 21:04
hi

enjoy crofting

hope you and your wife enjoy it up here

xxx

miranda
15-Feb-08, 21:30
welcome john to the org and caithness!!:lol:

I'm da Mamma
15-Feb-08, 21:42
Hi & welcome

Enjoy Caithness & this site. They are both excellent. Welcome.

IDM

bluelady
15-Feb-08, 23:52
Hello there and welcome :)

sphinx
16-Feb-08, 01:32
hi and welcome to the org....:lol: