PDA

View Full Version : US school shooting...

justine
15-Feb-08, 00:35
It has happened again.This is terrible....My heart goes out to all involved...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080214/twl-gunman-opens-fire-in-us-classroom-3fd0ae9_14.html

celtic 302
15-Feb-08, 00:39
Luckily only the shooter is dead. I hope all injured recovery safely. Terrible thing to happen again - america needs to get this sorted out!

justine
15-Feb-08, 00:41
Luckily only the shooter is dead. I hope all injured recovery safely. Terrible thing to happen again - america needs to get this sorted out!
It surely does as this is sweeping into british schools only with knives not guns...Wont be long before it does, me thinks...

Why do they insist on attacking the schools..Innocent children, no matter what their age....

Whitewater
15-Feb-08, 16:20
It surely does as this is sweeping into british schools only with knives not guns...Wont be long before it does, me thinks...

Why do they insist on attacking the schools..Innocent children, no matter what their age....

Dunblane was not knives.

America needs to get it's gun laws sorted out. How many more incidents like this do they need?

justine
15-Feb-08, 16:25
Dunblane was not knives.

America needs to get it's gun laws sorted out. How many more incidents like this do they need?
I know Dunblane was not knives...Neither was it a pupil..It was a sad lonely man who had a grudge and took it out on young innocent children absolutely no comparrison in the two events.Dont you agree...They will never get there gun laws sorted while it states All have the right to bare arms.....

I was talking about the fact that school children in the uk dont walk into school and start shooting but over the last 6 months there have been so many children stabbed at school.There is a pilot scheme going on in stafford i believe(will have to check) where 36 primary and secondary schools are to be fitted with metal detectors to hunt out the ones carrying knives...
We dont have too much of a problem in the uk with pupils shooting other pupils do we...........
As for how many inncidents they need befor eit gets sorted out, lets work out how many inncidents there have been in the last 15 yrs..

justine
15-Feb-08, 16:27

Unfortunately six people have died due to their injuries so no it is not the shooter dead on his own anymore.There are no reasons or motive for this either.......

nanoo
15-Feb-08, 16:31
Watched this on the BBC news at 1 o'clock and according to the report 5 students lost their lives, 4 dead at the scene and 1 died just after admission to the hospital. Not to mention the 17 wounded and 1 of them is critical. Dreadful is'nt it. :confused

karia
15-Feb-08, 16:35
Perhaps if America is intent on keeping its insane gun laws they should make bullet-proof vests and helmets part of the school uniform.

Whitewater
15-Feb-08, 16:43
Watched this on the BBC news at 1 o'clock and according to the report 5 students lost their lives, 4 dead at the scene and i died just after admission to the hospital. Not to mention the 17 wounded and 1 of them is critical. Dreadful is'nt it. :confused

Nanoo I think you meant '1' died after admission to Hospital.

I'm not being smart or trying to take you down, made the same sort of mistake myself many times, it is so easy to press the uper case arrow by misake.

I would have laughed had the subject not been so serious.

nanoo
15-Feb-08, 17:09
Nanoo I think you meant '1' died after admission to Hospital.

I'm not being smart or trying to take you down, made the same sort of mistake myself many times, it is so easy to press the uper case arrow by misake.

I would have laughed had the subject not been so serious. Hi Whitewater, i never noticed it when i read it back. No offence taken by the way.

sphinx
15-Feb-08, 17:26
its a shame pepole do that sort of thing the must be sick in the head.......or need real help...............:(

j4bberw0ck
18-Feb-08, 00:02
Perhaps if America is intent on keeping its insane gun laws they should make bullet-proof vests and helmets part of the school uniform.

America's gun laws are America's business. Your opinion, or mine, is meaningless fluff. They might well say that any country with hospitals that infect people with antibiotic-resistant diseases - killing far more people per year than die in American school shoot-outs - or which makes cancer victims wait weeks for treatment, is a country whose citizens shouldn't have the right to an opinion.

It remains deeply fashionable to criticise America for all sorts of things. And of course there are always those who are swayed by fashion!

Margaret M.
18-Feb-08, 16:18
The focus here should be on the mentally ill and the drugs that are prescribed rather than on guns. Every young male shooter in these school shootings as far back as Columbine had a history of taking prescribed psychiatric medication. Medications that carry warnings on the box labels about the possibility of causing violent thoughts and behaviour in young males. Seemingly these psychiatric drugs can cause long-term disruptions in the brain which lead to a strong dissociation with reality. Unfortunately, the big pharmaceutical companies throw so much money around Washington that medications that have been banned in Europe will continue to be prescribed here. Many more die from prescription medication than from guns.

Boozeburglar
18-Feb-08, 16:59
America's gun laws are America's business. Your opinion, or mine, is meaningless fluff. They might well say that any country with hospitals that infect people with antibiotic-resistant diseases - killing far more people per year than die in American school shoot-outs - or which makes cancer victims wait weeks for treatment, is a country whose citizens shouldn't have the right to an opinion.

It remains deeply fashionable to criticise America for all sorts of things. And of course there are always those who are swayed by fashion!

The gun law in the USA has been a hot issue for a lot longer than the current trend of anti-USA sentiment.

I feel my opinion has weight when I discuss it with those in the USA I have a connection with, as well as those from the USA I know here. A lot of other .orgers have direct ties with the US and have more than a passing interest in this.

You could say that a country that pollutes as heavily as the USA is a country whose citizens shouldn't have the right to an opinion, but going down that road leads us where?

I will add that the USA has health care system with many flaws; different though they may be.

:)

karia
18-Feb-08, 21:15

Huh!:confused

Where did I suggest that any country's activities should lead to the citizens not having an opinion?

I would vehemently argue for the opposite.

j4bberw0ck
19-Feb-08, 00:15
Ah, karia, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist........:lol:

I still say America's gun laws are America's business. But perhaps it's a sign of America's inherent greatness that even a Brit can dare to vouchsafe an opinion in safety. After all, if it were many other places we could be talking about you might just wake up with a hefty dose of polonium-210 in you.

God Bless America! And let's be thankful we're on the same side.

karia
19-Feb-08, 00:32
Ah, karia, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist........:lol:

I still say America's gun laws are America's business. But perhaps it's a sign of America's inherent greatness that even a Brit can dare to vouchsafe an opinion in safety. After all, if it were many other places we could be talking about you might just wake up with a hefty dose of polonium-210 in you.

God Bless America! And let's be thankful we're on the same side.

So glad not to disappoint you...I'm quite sure that I might carry a dissenter's bullet as soon as you shop me.;)

America..on the same side......As who?

j4bberw0ck
19-Feb-08, 00:44
America..on the same side......As who?

How could you ever disappoint me? <sigh> :lol:

America is on its own side, of course; fortunately, that includes us, presently. But we're a very small and increasingly isolated country who can't even give our troops the basic equipment they need to stay alive and do what they need to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. The Americans look at that and just cannot believe that any country would defecate on its servicemen in such a fashion. But we do, because after all we have thousands of quangos and civil servants to support and their lives and pensions are so much more challenging than those of our servicemen abroad.

So, how long will we be on the right side? Not long, on the present rate of progress. I reckon President Bush must shake his head in disbelief every time he thinks about how much the UK Government apparently hates its voters. And he'll be followed by another President who'll see it through American eyes and wonder the same things....

Unfortunately, our country is bankrupt. Morally and financially. Too busy paying benefits to everyone and their dog, and not busy enough showing people that polygamy / children / debt is fine, so long as you can pay for it yourself and not expect everyone else to pay for it for you.

karia
19-Feb-08, 00:57
If President Bush is on my side..the dissenter's bullet cant come fast enough!:lol:

j4bberw0ck
19-Feb-08, 07:49
:lol::lol: Very good!