PDA

View Full Version : vegetable oil.

cuddlepop
13-Feb-08, 19:34
i managed to get some vegetable oil spots on my daughters new suede beige boots.
As you can imagine I'm not popular.:~(
Have tried using spot remover specifically for oil etc but they're still marked .

Any suggestions?

Thumper
13-Feb-08, 23:19
Try the dull side off some brown paper and a warm iron,be careful not to put the iron on the boot tho! x

cuddlepop
14-Feb-08, 10:05
Try the dull side off some brown paper and a warm iron,be careful not to put the iron on the boot tho! x

Will give it a try,cause it looks like I'm going to have to buy her another pair.:(

Torvaig
14-Feb-08, 10:08
Personally I would try a wee drop of neat soap powder, work it in and rinse thoroughly while trying not to wet the boot too much. Good luck......:)

Dadie
14-Feb-08, 11:01
have you tried talc on the spots leaving it overnight and brushing it off in the morning it should lessen the spots

Dadie
14-Feb-08, 11:19
forgot to say my steam penguin thing and fairy liquid managed to get the grease out of my materess when it was shifted to my new house in a horse box so a steam cleaner may work try on a inconspicious area first

cuddlepop
14-Feb-08, 17:43
forgot to say my steam penguin thing and fairy liquid managed to get the grease out of my materess when it was shifted to my new house in a horse box so a steam cleaner may work try on a inconspicious area first
Will try putting the boot over the steam from the kettle.
If I wet and/or scrub them anymore the suede will be two toned :eek:

crosstitcher
14-Feb-08, 22:47
Hi, do you know any one with AMWAY ZOOM as this will probabbly remove this as it is the best stuff i have used for all car cleaning even heavy oil marks on the seats, I know its not shoes, but it is multi purpose

Metalattakk
15-Feb-08, 09:39
i managed to get some vegetable oil spots on my daughters new suede beige boots.
As you can imagine I'm not popular.:~(
Have tried using spot remover specifically for oil etc but they're still marked .

Any suggestions?

By The Power Of Google!

http://www.mrscleannw.com/tips/cleaning-suede.html