PDA

View Full Version : Tapas

sweetpea
13-Feb-08, 18:37
I've decided to have a tapas theme night tommorrow, going to do chirozo bites, scallops, stuffed peppers and olives and anti-pasti type things but I could do with some sort of dip. Any ideas? Thought I might make garlic mayo but never made it before, heard its tricky, any advice greatly appreciated.:)

sassylass
18-Feb-08, 19:02
How did your tapas turn out, and will you share the recipes? (of the good ones ;))

Anne x
20-Feb-08, 16:36
I've decided to have a tapas theme night tommorrow, going to do chirozo bites, scallops, stuffed peppers and olives and anti-pasti type things but I could do with some sort of dip. Any ideas? Thought I might make garlic mayo but never made it before, heard its tricky, any advice greatly appreciated.:)

May be a bit late for you sweetpea but this is the one I make for my tapas

Aioli (Garlic Mayonaise)

3 garlic cloves crushed
1 slice of white bread crusts removed soaked in water and squeezed dry
1 egg yolk
150ml Olive Oil
15ml Spoon Lemon Juice
salt &freshly ground black pepper
15ml spoon boiling water to finish

put garlic and bread in a bowl mix together with a wooden spoon until throughly combined
beat in the egg yolk with a fork
add the oil drop by drop til this mixture thickens then add all the oil steadily then stir in the lemon juice salt & pepper
finish by stirring in the boling water
delish

My blender Mayonaise
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp dry english mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon red or white wine Tarragon Vinegar or lemon juice (choose one depends on taste )
1/4pt Olive ,corn or nut oil

put egg, mustard, salt and lemon juice into the blender until well mixed add the oil slowly drop by drop through the hole in the top til it starts to thicken then add in a thin stream