PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Church

white arrow
12-Feb-08, 21:34
Next meeting advertised on caithness.org What is on.

Like to thank everyone for their support at the last meeting.

DeHaviLand
12-Feb-08, 21:53
Will Freepress be coming along?

white arrow
12-Feb-08, 22:00
he won't be there

linkside
12-Feb-08, 22:32
Unfortunately I can't see anything in "Whats On" can you please give details.

DeHaviLand
12-Feb-08, 22:36
he won't be there

Ok, I'll stand down the lynch mob then;)

white arrow
12-Feb-08, 22:42
To Linkside, it is in The Weigh Inn, Thurso. Starting at 730pm, NATALIE SIMPSON is the visiting Medium. Admission £5. A small raffle will be held afterwards.

To DeHaviland, Thanks for the support, we'll know where to come if we need you.

Love and Light

Torvaig
13-Feb-08, 00:43
White Arrow, you haven't given a date and the only Natalie Simpson event I can see on "What's On" is the 1st of March, Portland Arms, Lybster at 7.30 and the price is £10.....

anneoctober
13-Feb-08, 02:23
White Arrow, you haven't given a date and the only Natalie Simpson event I can see on "What's On" is the 1st of March, Portland Arms, Lybster at 7.30 and the price is £10.....
Meeting is on Thursday 28th Feb in Weigh Inn - doors open 7pm close 7.30pm. Will we see you there Torvaig? :)

white arrow
13-Feb-08, 07:17
Thanks Annoctober, yes its the 28th Feb. £5.

Love and Light

Torvaig
13-Feb-08, 09:22
Meeting is on Thursday 28th Feb in Weigh Inn - doors open 7pm close 7.30pm. Will we see you there Torvaig? :)

Thanks for the info; shall I wear a name badge?;)

anneoctober
13-Feb-08, 09:31
Thanks for the info; shall I wear a name badge?;)
It would help, wifie, unfortunately I'm NOT the gifted one! :~(

chamb
13-Feb-08, 12:25
Am I mistaken,the next meet is the 28th in the weigh inn, I thought it was the park hotel

linkside
14-Feb-08, 07:53
Thanks for the information.

anneoctober
14-Feb-08, 09:06
Am I mistaken,the next meet is the 28th in the weigh inn, I thought it was the park hotel
Definately Weigh Inn chamb, Park hotel would have meant "orange room" and a few interested in the evening are unable to climb those steep stairs - IMHO. :(

Cattach
14-Feb-08, 09:18

I was told it was changed to the Holburn.

Torvaig
14-Feb-08, 09:58
I'll just keep my eye on "What's On" shall I?......:confused

white arrow
14-Feb-08, 17:58
It is in the Weigh Inn Thurso, we had to change venue due to needing access for disabled

Fran
19-Feb-08, 03:15
To Linkside, it is in The Weigh Inn, Thurso. Starting at 730pm, NATALIE SIMPSON is the visiting Medium. Admission £5. A small raffle will be held afterwards.

To DeHaviland, Thanks for the support, we'll know where to come if we need you.

Love and Light

Are many of you going to see natalie simpson? Do many people go from wick?

white arrow
26-Feb-08, 23:30
To let every one know, we now have a Web Site, still to tweak it a little bit but, the main items are there.

www.caithnessspiritualistchurch.co.uk (http://www.caithnessspiritualistchurch.co.uk)

Love and Light

anneoctober
27-Feb-08, 20:59
Are many of you going to see natalie simpson? Do many people go from wick?
My friend, myself, my daughter and her sister in law are going Fran. Do n't know about Wick side I'm afraid. Also know a few ladies that were at the Janet St club are also attending. :)

WeeBurd
27-Feb-08, 22:22
I think I might come a wee look too...:D

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 01:37
Looks like you can bump the price up a bit, sounds like it was a sell out!

TBH
01-Mar-08, 01:46
Absolutely disgraceful profiteering from peoples Grief which although it gets easier over the years is still there for their loved ones. Psychics are nothing but frauds and should be treated as such when taking money on false pretences.
None of these people are ever willing to test their so-called powers under laboratory conditions, why is that? That was a rhetorical question.

chamb
01-Mar-08, 16:11
Absolutely disgraceful profiteering from peoples Grief which although it gets easier over the years is still there for their loved ones. Psychics are nothing but frauds and should be treated as such when taking money on false pretences.
None of these people are ever willing to test their so-called powers under laboratory conditions, why is that? That was a rhetorical question.

It would be good if you had your facts right, Natalie is a medium, and it is not taking money under false pretences, there is alot of peole out there who want answers to questions and may seek help from people such as Natalie, but if she doesnt have a gift well me shes great at doing research to the extent that she must sit on my sholder and follow me around, as she has told me so much that only I know, and situations that know one could ever know.

Boozeburglar
01-Mar-08, 17:03
Last I heard this was a family friendly forum. Do you really need to use that kind of language, just because someone has a different view from your own?

TBH
01-Mar-08, 19:16
It would be good if you had your facts right, Natalie is a medium, and it is not taking money under false pretences, there is alot of peole out there who want answers to questions and may seek help from people such as Natalie, but if she doesnt have a gift well, shes great at doing research to the extent that she must sit on my sholder and follow me around, as she has told me so much that only I know, and situations that know one could ever know.My facts are that there is no concrete proof of anybody with psychic ability and If there is then it is being kept a secret. Where are your facts?
How is it not taking money under false pretenses when she has no ability other than the one to see you coming?

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 21:44
well why they profiteering out off peoples grief if they didnt wnt 2 here anything they wouldnt go to meetings people like u should stop putting people down that are trying to help people:evil

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 21:47
It would be good if you had your facts right, Natalie is a medium, and it is not taking money under false pretences, there is alot of peole out there who want answers to questions and may seek help from people such as Natalie, but if she doesnt have a gift well me shes great at doing research to the extent that she must sit on my sholder and follow me around, as she has told me so much that only I know, and situations that know one could ever know.
good for u chamb u keep that up the people that are putting natalie down havent got a blooming clue about what they can do we do so they should shut up and think before they give there views

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 21:51
am going to defend natalie she has a gift and is using it well if people dont believe in what she is doing dont goto the meetings stay away why are u all bothering togo if u have that attitude i believe that everyone has a gift and only special people develope there gifts to help people,so back off natalie shes not doing anything wrong shes doing good helping peolple with there loss

TBH
01-Mar-08, 21:54
well why they profiteering out off peoples grief if they didnt wnt 2 here anything they wouldnt go to meetings people like u should stop putting people down that are trying to help people:evilWhat's the evil emoticon for, are you evil? People go to things like that in the hope of a message from a deceased loved one and for you say going to a fake medium is going to help someone is stretching credibility a bit, more like they are helping themselves to line their own pockets.
People like me, what's that mean, people that absolutely abhor the bull that these charlatans feed good trusting people?

good for u chamb u keep that up the people that are putting natalie down havent got a blooming clue about what they can do we do so they should shut up and think before they give there viewsI doubt very much she knows what she can do never mind you and chamb.[lol]

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 22:07
What's the evil emoticon for, are you evil? People go to things like that in the hope of a message from a deceased loved one and for you say going to a fake medium is going to help someone is stretching credibility a bit, more like they are helping themselves to line their own pockets.
People like me, what's that mean, people that absolutely abhor the bull that these charlatans feed good trusting people?

I doubt very much she knows what she can do never mind you and chamb.[lol]
before you open ur mouth i suggest that you sit with a medium and open your mind ur a sceptic thats whwt i mean and am reading your comments and shaking my head shes not false what u afraid off theres nothing false in what she does no matter whwt ur views are

anneoctober
01-Mar-08, 22:09
The Romans were n't too happy with Jesus when he appeared on the scene, they did n't like his "new wave" ideas. It did n't stop the Christians from believing His words & actions/miracles. Lo and behold we have the Christian church today in it's many forms. I understand your point of view TBH although I don't agree with it. Compassion & caring should be something we're all capable of giving freely to each other regardless of what religion/beliefs we personally adhere too.

Metalattakk
01-Mar-08, 22:17
Did Jesus charge his followers a £5 entrance fee?

TBH
01-Mar-08, 22:30
The Romans were n't too happy with Jesus when he appeared on the scene, they did n't like his "new wave" ideas. It did n't stop the Christians from believing His words & actions/miracles. Lo and behold we have the Christian church today in it's many forms. I understand your point of view TBH although I don't agree with it. Compassion & caring should be something we're all capable of giving freely to each other regardless of what religion/beliefs we personally adhere too.That's a very tenous link, Jesus and Natalie Simpson.
I also understand your point of view but if she was compassionate and caring aout her audience then she would offer her so-called services for free. When she can prove under laboratory conditioins that she indeed has some form of psychic ability then I wouldn't disagree with her charging for a genuine sevice to the bereaved. That will never happen as it's not against the law so fake mediums will continue to feed off peoples sense of grief.

ExoticQueen
01-Mar-08, 22:48
That's a very tenous link, Jesus and Natalie Simpson.
I also understand your point of view but if she was compassionate and caring aout her audience then she would offer her so-called services for free. When she can prove under laboratory conditioins that she indeed has some form of psychic ability then I wouldn't disagree with her charging for a genuine sevice to the bereaved. That will never happen as it's not against the law so fake mediums will continue to feed off peoples sense of grief.
get a grip whats the matter with you lot if u dont believe fine stop putting us down[evil]

anneoctober
01-Mar-08, 22:56
Having read my post again, I can see where I've not been clear enough TBH , sorry. I was n't comparing Natalie or any other medium to Jesus, just the attitude of the people at that time to things, ideas that are new to them and hard to understand. I'm not sure how Jesus would have performed under laboratory conditions either! I don't think that you can save folks from fake mediums any more than you can against cowboys ripping off the elderly & vunerable. It's a horrible fact of the world we live in today. Although Jesus did n't accept money ( as far as we know) he & his disciples did receive hospitality from the ordinary folk of the places he visited to preach the gospel, as was the way of the world then, according to the bible.

porshiepoo
01-Mar-08, 23:03

I don't think this medium has offered her services as 'helping the bereaved' has she? What evidence are you basing your belief on that this particular medium is fake? Have you visited her? Had a reading by her?
Every person has the right to make a choice about whether they attend this type of meeting or not, no one is forced or frog marched in with a gun to their head.
You have every right to your opinion regarding mediums but perhaps the onus should be put on people such as yourself to prove it doesn't exist rather than complaining that a medium should prove it does?????

TBH
01-Mar-08, 23:27
I don't think this medium has offered her services as 'helping the bereaved' has she?

people like u should stop putting people down that are trying to help peopleI would have thought people went there to hear from their deceaced loved ones.

What evidence are you basing your belief on that this particular medium is fake? Have you visited her? Had a reading by her?Of course she is a fake, like I said, she should be prepared to sumbit to tests and prove she has a psychic ability, like that would ever happen.

Every person has the right to make a choice about whether they attend this type of meeting or not, no one is forced or frog marched in with a gun to their head.Nobody is suggesting that people are being forced to go to these meetings.

You have every right to your opinion regarding mediums but perhaps the onus should be put on people such as yourself to prove it doesn't exist rather than complaining that a medium should prove it does?????Why should I have to prove it doesn't exist, I and others are not the ones charging people through the nose for a service that has no basis in truth. Let the mediums prove they have an ability before they can charge people. That will never happen.

chamb
01-Mar-08, 23:41
Why would Natalie have to prove herself under labratory tests, she has more than proved herself infront of hundereds of people.

How on earth would she be able to tell me about a foot print of my son that I have? And that it is in a drawer with a scrap book, and pictures?

porshiepoo
02-Mar-08, 00:38
I would have thought people went there to hear from their deceaced loved ones.
Of course she is a fake, like I said, she should be prepared to sumbit to tests and prove she has a psychic ability, like that would ever happen.
Nobody is suggesting that people are being forced to go to these meetings.
Why should I have to prove it doesn't exist, I and others are not the ones charging people through the nose for a service that has no basis in truth. Let the mediums prove they have an ability before they can charge people. That will never happen.

Perhaps you should make it clear next time that these are only your rambling opinions and not based on any fact or truth other than what you think you know, instead of giving the impression that this person operates under the heading of 'helping the bereaved'.

"Of course she is a fake" ?????????? Well, with such weighty argument and supportive evidence as that who am I to disagree. :confused

Please explain why this person should have to submit herself to tests! No one is forced to go to psychic readings, no one is forced to accept what they hear there so why should she be forced to do tests?
Incidentally who sets these tests? Who measures them? And by what means? What, in your eyes, is acceptable proof that a medium is receiving a message from spirit? Are names enough? Descriptions? Dates? Events that happened that a medium could not possibly know of? If all or any of those are proof then I have seen that proof many many times.
I suspect though that people such as yourself will deny, deny deny till the cows come home. You hide behind the 'prove it' tirade because you're either scared of believing or just enjoy antagonising those that do believe, yet you have no new argument to attack with. All you can rant about is the same old 'prove it' and pretend that you're actually fighting the corner of the bereaved. Don't disillusion yourself, those bereaved that don't agree with mediums don't go to psychic readings, those that do believe and attend readings can get some consolation and comfort from what they receive, who are you to take that away from them? Or claim that what they heard was all rubbish? You're the one doing the harm not the medium.

scorrie
02-Mar-08, 00:41
Why would Natalie have to prove herself under labratory tests, she has more than proved herself infront of hundereds of people.

How on earth would she be able to tell me about a foot print of my son that I have? And that it is in a drawer with a scrap book, and pictures?

Where else would anyone keep a footprint?

Keepsakes are always kept with scrapbooks, photo albums etc. It is human nature. People seem to imagine that they are somehow unique in their behaviour, when the fact is that we nearly all do the same, predictable, things over and over again. People are gullible. Con artists the world over can testify to that fact.

Moi x
02-Mar-08, 01:11
Not all clairvoyants are con artists in the strict sense, many truly believe in their 'gift'.

porshiepoo
02-Mar-08, 01:23
Where else would anyone keep a footprint?

Keepsakes are always kept with scrapbooks, photo albums etc. It is human nature. People seem to imagine that they are somehow unique in their behaviour, when the fact is that we nearly all do the same, predictable, things over and over again. People are gullible. Con artists the world over can testify to that fact.

Not always! I have a paw print of my Great Dane and it's kept right out in the open next to my computer so I can see it every day. :)

Moi x
02-Mar-08, 01:33
That raises an interesting question. Do mediums ever claim to receive messages from animals on 'the other side', or is it only we humans that have this ability?

Moi x

Moi x
02-Mar-08, 01:48
Perhaps you should make it clear next time that these are only your rambling opinions and not based on any fact or truth other than what you think you know, instead of giving the impression that this person operates under the heading of 'helping the bereaved'.

"Of course she is a fake" ?????????? Well, with such weighty argument and supportive evidence as that who am I to disagree. :confused

Please explain why this person should have to submit herself to tests! No one is forced to go to psychic readings, no one is forced to accept what they hear there so why should she be forced to do tests?
Incidentally who sets these tests? Who measures them? And by what means? What, in your eyes, is acceptable proof that a medium is receiving a message from spirit? Are names enough? Descriptions? Dates? Events that happened that a medium could not possibly know of? If all or any of those are proof then I have seen that proof many many times.
I suspect though that people such as yourself will deny, deny deny till the cows come home. You hide behind the 'prove it' tirade because you're either scared of believing or just enjoy antagonising those that do believe, yet you have no new argument to attack with. All you can rant about is the same old 'prove it' and pretend that you're actually fighting the corner of the bereaved. Don't disillusion yourself, those bereaved that don't agree with mediums don't go to psychic readings, those that do believe and attend readings can get some consolation and comfort from what they receive, who are you to take that away from them? Or claim that what they heard was all rubbish? You're the one doing the harm not the medium.I know I've given you good rep for this post, but I think you deserve public praise too. That is by far the best stream of consciousness post I've read for a long time.

I look forward to to TBH's response. I think he's more than capable of rising to the occasion.

Moi x

TBH
02-Mar-08, 22:51
Please explain why this person should have to submit herself to tests! No one is forced to go to psychic readings, no one is forced to accept what they hear there so why should she be forced to do tests?I would think because if she doesn't she can kiss goodbye to all that filthy lucre:

The Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951 will be repealed from April 2008 by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2007 (CPRs) which implement the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive (UCPD).
The CPRs include rules prohibiting conduct which misleads the average consumer and thereby causes, or is likely to cause him/her to take a transactional decision he/she would not have taken otherwise.
Although the average consumer would arguably not be misled by a person who claims he/she is able to contact the dead, such conduct would still be unfair under the CPRs if it deceives the average member of (i) the group to which it is directed, or (ii) a clearly identifiable group of consumers who are particularly vulnerable to this type of practice.
Unlike the Act, there is no requirement in the CPRs to prove an "intent to deceive". This means that where practices are aimed at vulnerable consumers or average members of particular groups, it should be easier to take action against fraudulent mediums than under the current Act.
The CPRs will be enforced by both civil (injunctive) action and criminal sanctions.
Is that the sound of bottles crashing in clairvoyant land?
Incidentally who sets these tests? Who measures them? And by what means? What, in your eyes, is acceptable proof that a medium is receiving a message from spirit? Are names enough? Descriptions? Dates? Events that happened that a medium could not possibly know of? If all or any of those are proof then I have seen that proof many many times.The use of Names, descriptions, dates are well documented cold reading techniques used by the professional charlatan.

I suspect though that people such as yourself will deny, deny deny till the cows come home. You hide behind the 'prove it' tirade because you're either scared of believing or just enjoy antagonising those that do believe, yet you have no new argument to attack with. All you can rant about is the same old 'prove it' and pretend that you're actually fighting the corner of the bereaved. Don't disillusion yourself, those bereaved that don't agree with mediums don't go to psychic readings, those that do believe and attend readings can get some consolation and comfort from what they receive, who are you to take that away from them? Or claim that what they heard was all rubbish?You are welcome to that opinion but I would suggest that you are in need of a healthy dose of reality.
You're the one doing the harm not the medium. Perhaps you might like to know....I am unconcerned as to what you think of me but my concience is clear.

TBH
02-Mar-08, 22:54
I look forward to to TBH's response. I think he's more than capable of rising to the occasion.

Moi xHave you been talking to my wife?[lol]

Boozeburglar
02-Mar-08, 23:05
Have you been talking to my wife?[lol]

I am glad to see, at 76, you still have a healthy appetite. You are forging new paths for a same sex marriage.

:)

TBH
03-Mar-08, 02:11
I am glad to see, at 76, you still have a healthy appetite. You are forging new paths for a same sex marriage.

:)Am I beating a path for you Booze? Ye never came for a battle of wits unarmed did ye?[lol]

Oddquine
03-Mar-08, 02:48
Why on earth should people like TBH feel the need to rubbish the beliefs of others just because it does not sit well with them.

Yes, there are fake mediums.......there are always people who will take advantage of gullible people...............but there are also genuine ones.

The problem is that it tends to be those who have never attended a meeting and have never seen what happens who are inclined to cry foul...while those who have attended are happy with the outcomes.

So do readers of this forum believe the experiences of those who have attended a session with a medium, and found them worth the money...........or the opinions of those who have come to their conclusions based on reports of fake mediums without looking into spiritualism further than the words of others who don't believe?

Personally, I have no problem with payment to anyone whose services I wish to employ..........whether that be a medium, a clairvoyant, an acupuncturist or a homeopath, for example.....and I can't see why anyone on this earth can be so sure that their opinion is so right that they continue to make blanket assumptions based on nothing at all such as Psychics are nothing but frauds and should be treated as such when taking money on false pretences.

TBH says there is no concrete proof of anybody with psychic ability, but there is no concrete proof that God exists and that doesn't stop people believing in him/her and getting comfort from that belief.

Imo, if people want to believe in mediums, and are prepared to pay for the privilege of hearing them, then that is their prerogative.

Personally, I wouldn't attend a session with a medium, but not because I object to paying for it, but because I have no need.

I have an open mind about mediums.............but if I thought it would help me to consult one...I would.

And I'd never be so dogmatic and opinionated to make the kind of remarks made by TBH from the level of no knowledge and no experience,

TBH
03-Mar-08, 03:10
Why on earth should people like TBH feel the need to rubbish the beliefs of others just because it does not sit well with them.People are being taken advantage of.

Yes, there are fake mediums.......there are always people who will take advantage of gullible people...............but there are also genuine ones. Prove that there are any genuine mediums out there.

The problem is that it tends to be those who have never attended a meeting and have never seen what happens who are inclined to cry foul...while those who have attended are happy with the outcomes.Total supposition.

So do readers of this forum believe the experiences of those who have attended a session with a medium, and found them worth the money...........or the opinions of those who have come to their conclusions based on reports of fake mediums without looking into spiritualism further than the words of others who don't believe?I am quite capable of forming my own opinions on the matter and I don't rely on the words of others

Personally, I have no problem with payment to anyone whose services I wish to employ..........whether that be a medium, a clairvoyant, an acupuncturist or a homeopath, for example.....and I can't see why anyone on this earth can be so sure that their opinion is so right that they continue to make blanket assumptions based on nothing at all such as Psychics are nothing but frauds and should be treated as such when taking money on false pretences.Jesus H, psychic abilities are based on nothing at all, there is no proof of it's existence, it a money spinner for some very smart and manipulative people.

TBH says there is no concrete proof of anybody with psychic ability, but there is no concrete proof that God exists and that doesn't stop people believing in him/her and getting comfort from that belief.Yes he does and God is about as real as the tooth fairy.

Imo, if people want to believe in mediums, and are prepared to pay for the privilege of hearing them, then that is their prerogative.Absolute rubbish, do you actually realise how many people are being taken in by these frauds?

Personally, I wouldn't attend a session with a medium, but not because I object to paying for it, but because I have no need. Why have you no need?

I have an open mind about mediums.............but if I thought it would help me to consult one...I would. But, you don't think it would help you?

And I'd never be so dogmatic and opinionated to make the kind of remarks made by TBH from the level of no knowledge and no experience,What kind of remarks are those? That I think all mediums are fakes? I will certainly be dogmatic in that assumption!
Opinionated, Is this C.Org an exclusive club for a certain mindset? No knowledge and no experience? You know this for a fact? Are you psychic?

Metalattakk
03-Mar-08, 03:16
Why on earth should people like TBH feel the need to rubbish the beliefs of others just because it does not sit well with them.

You're doing just the same to him/her. Pot, kettle, etc.

Yes, there are fake mediums.......there are always people who will take advantage of gullible people...............but there are also genuine ones.

There may be so (although I don't believe so) but they still take advantage of gullible people for financial gain.

The problem is that it tends to be those who have never attended a meeting and have never seen what happens who are inclined to cry foul...while those who have attended are happy with the outcomes.

That's not strictly true, seeing some of the responses from those who attended recent 'meetings'.

So do readers of this forum believe the experiences of those who have attended a session with a medium, and found them worth the money...........or the opinions of those who have come to their conclusions based on reports of fake mediums without looking into spiritualism further than the words of others who don't believe?

I believe it is important to consider the opinions and experiences of those who have attended a session with a medium, and found the experience somewhat wanting and underwhelming, as well as those who firmly believe or staunchly oppose. You don't seem to consider their input at all.

And I'd never be so dogmatic and opinionated to make the kind of remarks made by TBH from the level of no knowledge and no experience,

Ah, but again, j'accuse...

A_Usher
03-Mar-08, 09:50
Well if anyone wants to be tested then let me know, :)
I am conducting a research program on therapies, Clairvoyants, ESP etc to see if there is anything to it. What i am looking to do is to measure brainwave activity, skin conductance, EEG, EMG, Blood Volume Pulse and other through a set of tests, similar to what Chris Roe does at Nottingham University ( I spoke to him about what they do for paranormal research)

I have found that some people conducting faith healing are keen to have their physiology measured, but have of yet to find any clairvoyant or medium prepared to do it.

I have come across 5 people in my research into the paranormal over the last 10 years where I would say there was something there, although I didn’t at that time have the state of the art physiological monitor I have now, and other than those 5 that I have seen, the majority utilised a lot of hot reading, along with cold, the use of substructures in language, presuppositions, ambiguity and more in the language patterns.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying clairvoyance doesn’t exist, as my background has been psychology., parapsychology and complementary medicine and I have researched some big name people in the field, but what I find is that many of the people involved in of the above areas seem reluctant to be studied or observed, which is totally contrary to how I see it.

When we measure activity now its pretty non intrusive and easily monitored, and we can identify states of mind, such as alpha, theta waves etc, along with physiological activity of both practitioner and client.

So I am pretty keen to measure anyone who wants to as a way of both looking at the possibility of validating what they do and themselves.....

Metalattakk
03-Mar-08, 13:30
*waits for inevitable stampede of 'clairvoyants', rushing to be tested by A_Usher*
*doesn't hold breath*

Interestingly, a quick google of 'cold reading' led me to this wikipedia (yes, yes, I know...) page -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Perhaps some of the 'believers' can have a look at it. Maybe they'd find some clearer answers than those given by those they idolise so much.

Tilter
03-Mar-08, 15:45
Interestingly, a quick google of 'cold reading' led me to this wikipedia (yes, yes, I know...) page -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Metal, that made for very interesting reading. 'Cold reading' (this is all new terminology to me as I've never even watched a medium-type programme on telly) and many of the other techniques listed is certainly what was going on (consciously or unconsciously) at the meeting last Thursday, which I attended.

I came away with the feeling that with 60 years experience of living on this planet, a bit of practise at patter, and quicker thinking on my feet than I'm capable of, I could have done just as well at being a medium myself. I've learned to trust my own judgment more these days - and my judgment was - don't buy it.

I have to say though that I went to a Spiritualist church meeting with faith healing in the south last year because my daughter is really into it, and I wanted to see what she was getting into. They seemed to be kind and genuinely sincere people with a desire to help others. I read the tenets of their faith, which seemed harmless enough. They encouraged people to see medical doctors, did not charge anything for their servces, etc. That was my first impression and I do believe physical ills can be assisted by treating the mind.

I came away from last Thursday's meeting with a different impression. I just can't buy this dead stuff - it's plain daft to me. But since I don't believe in God, Father Christmas, Tooth Fairy or anything, how else could I feel? Since I'm in a minority in the world, I could quite obviously be very wrong. To each his own so long as no one gets hurt say I.

Metalattakk
04-Mar-08, 11:30
Metal, that made for very interesting reading.

Yep, both interesting and illuminating, I think.

What's even more interesting and illuminating is that it's been nearly 24hrs since I posted the wikipedia link above, and yet none of the so-called 'believers' has anything to say about it. Not a thing. I sense their bubble has been well and truly burst. :lol:

If they were here, I'd ask them if they still think that it's right to charge grieving, vulnerable or gullible people money to be manipulated by charlatans.

justine
04-Mar-08, 11:33

What's even more interesting and illuminating is that it's been nearly 24hrs since I posted the wikipedia link above, and yet none of the so-called 'believers' has anything to say about it. Not a thing. I sense their bubble has been well and truly burst. :lol:

If they were here, I'd ask them if they still think that it's right to charge grieving, vulnerable or gullible people money to be manipulated by charlatans.

Its a big bubble to burst....i fear....Sorry folks i am a non believer....:confused

A_Usher
04-Mar-08, 11:45
Its a big bubble to burst....i fear....Sorry folks i am a non believer....:confused

Interesting, yet in the hypnotherapy post you mention yoga is much better, which is equally as intangible in some respects, and i mean in regard to yoga meditation, chakra etc.

justine
04-Mar-08, 11:51
Interesting, yet in the hypnotherapy post you mention yoga is much better, which is equally as intangible in some respects, and i mean in regard to yoga meditation, chakra etc.

keep that to the hynoptherapy thread, this is about the spiritual church...I dont go to church, i dont believe in god, does not mean i cant do yoga.Its spiritual but i am not meditating to god..and its about stretching your muscles and relieving tension..... I believe in the ways of the shaoilin monks, but i dont preach it..The harmony the tranquility, does not mean i am going to bow down to Buddha....

TBH
04-Mar-08, 11:53

If they were here, I'd ask them if they still think that it's right to charge grieving, vulnerable or gullible people money to be manipulated by charlatans.That is the thing Metalattack, charging people for a service that has no basis in fact is totally wrong. Come april when the fraudulent mediums Act is repealed we will see how many of these 'mediums' are willing to prove their psychic abilty. Personally I think they will fade into the backround with their ill-gotten gains and that will be an end of it.

A_Usher
04-Mar-08, 12:05
keep that to the hynoptherapy thread, this is about the spiritual church...I dont go to church, i dont believe in god, does not mean i cant do yoga.Its spiritual but i am not meditating to god..and its about stretching your muscles and relieving tension..... I believe in the ways of the shaoilin monks, but i dont preach it..The harmony the tranquility, does not mean i am going to bow down to Buddha....

If you believe yoga is only about stretching muscles and relieving tension then you obviously have not read the yoga sutras or looked at the basis behind yoga, and how it relates to indian lore or medicinal therapeutics, and how prana is distributed through the body etc.

What you, like many on here are doing is demonstrating 'your belief' system, which in many ways is as intangible as the thought of spirits. We still know very little of the brain, we still in neurotherapy etc have debates as to why the brain produces certain wave frequencies, its relation to cognitive functions etc.

I mentioned cold and hot reading because it does indeed exist, and many of the charlatans utilise this in the same way as a skilled salesman utilizes it, and we know that they also do exist.

However clairvoyance, which in some cases is a poor word to use can be no different to the levels of intuition we all have, such as knowing when something isn't right, perceiving situations etc. All of those mechanics exist within us as they are part of our primitive wiring, such as the fight or flight mechanics.

I believe there is something to perception, intuition etc, what i do have a BIG problem with is the majority of charlatans out there who prey on those with misfortune and utilize rapport and sub structure language skills such as cold reading to line their pocket by deception, but lets not stray to far from this, as this not only occurs in the realm of mediums, but in the realms of the tangible.

justine
04-Mar-08, 12:17
If you believe yoga is only about stretching muscles and relieving tension then you obviously have not read the yoga sutras or looked at the basis behind yoga, and how it relates to indian lore or medicinal therapeutics, and how prana is distributed through the body etc.

What you, like many on here are doing is demonstrating 'your belief' system, which in many ways is as intangible as the thought of spirits. We still know very little of the brain, we still in neurotherapy etc have debates as to why the brain produces certain wave frequencies, its relation to cognitive functions etc.

I mentioned cold and hot reading because it does indeed exist, and many of the charlatans utilise this in the same way as a skilled salesman utilizes it, and we know that they also do exist.

However clairvoyance, which in some cases is a poor word to use can be no different to the levels of intuition we all have, such as knowing when something isn't right, perceiving situations etc. All of those mechanics exist within us as they are part of our primitive wiring, such as the fight or flight mechanics.

I believe there is something to perception, intuition etc, what i do have a BIG problem with is the majority of charlatans out there who prey on those with misfortune and utilize rapport and sub structure language skills such as cold reading to line their pocket by deception, but lets not stray to far from this, as this not only occurs in the realm of mediums, but in the realms of the tangible.

Thats what i use it for, exercise in a relaxed state..I dont have to believe in the origins of it...I do it for my health not my spiritual well being...My mind is clear of many anquishes and i dont feel the need to go to church and divulge it..I would be hypocritical. I married in a registry office not a church it would have been hypocritical to get married in the eye of a being i dont believe in..

I would love for someone to get into my brain, it works in funny ways it does,
I dont agree with the people who give false readings to the people and taking mney it in.. as you say they are nothing more than charlatans Ripping off people is a style we could do without in life but then would have to take that up nationaly as they all ripping eachother off...
Sorry cant believe in something i have no faith in..I have faith in thoses around me and when it goes wrong i get on with it..I dont need to see someone about pasts lives to have a complete life...Every man for himself...

TBH
04-Mar-08, 14:27
Well if anyone wants to be tested then let me know, :)
I am conducting a research program on therapies, Clairvoyants, ESP etc to see if there is anything to it. What i am looking to do is to measure brainwave activity, skin conductance, EEG, EMG, Blood Volume Pulse and other through a set of tests, similar to what Chris Roe does at Nottingham University ( I spoke to him about what they do for paranormal research)

I have found that some people conducting faith healing are keen to have their physiology measured, but have of yet to find any clairvoyant or medium prepared to do it.

I have come across 5 people in my research into the paranormal over the last 10 years where I would say there was something there, although I didn’t at that time have the state of the art physiological monitor I have now, and other than those 5 that I have seen, the majority utilised a lot of hot reading, along with cold, the use of substructures in language, presuppositions, ambiguity and more in the language patterns.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying clairvoyance doesn’t exist, as my background has been psychology., parapsychology and complementary medicine and I have researched some big name people in the field, but what I find is that many of the people involved in of the above areas seem reluctant to be studied or observed, which is totally contrary to how I see it.

When we measure activity now its pretty non intrusive and easily monitored, and we can identify states of mind, such as alpha, theta waves etc, along with physiological activity of both practitioner and client.

So I am pretty keen to measure anyone who wants to as a way of both looking at the possibility of validating what they do and themselves.....I take it nobody is beating down your door with offers to be tested for psychic ability?[lol]

A_Usher
04-Mar-08, 14:52
Not from up here, no, still waiting :)
As i said i am very keen to do some trials on people.

I have results from people down south, 15 trials, 2 showing some interesting correlations the others nothing out of the ordinary.

TBH
04-Mar-08, 14:58
Not from up here, no, still waiting :)
As i said i am very keen to do some trials on people.

I have results from people down south, 15 trials, 2 showing some interesting correlations the others nothing out of the ordinary.To my knowledge I have no psychic ability but I could have predicted that.[lol]
Is there any way you could monitor those 2 people whilst they are doing one of their shows?

A_Usher
04-Mar-08, 15:11
Those two didn't do shows, only private readings, and i measured their brainwave activity whilst in Glasgow conducting some research into stress indicators and their effect on modern life styles.

However i do have ambulatory physiological device, than can measure info whilst on the move, it does involve 3 sensors on the scalp for eeg activity. The problem with eeg measuring is that muscular movement creates what we call artefact, so you have to remove a lot of movement, but given people involved with mediumship etc do readings, its not a big problem to measure as long as they are stationary.

Also you can do tests without apparatus, such as getting them to do a reading via relayed video camera, so you see what they are saying, but they don’t see your body positioning, nor hear your language patterns, this takes away cold reading, and if you set up a client to have a reading and tell no one in advance that usually takes away hot reading also.

I have a whole range of protocols that can be used in a variety of situations, I had to do this to stop potential candidates turning up with an excuse book to get out of the tests.

TBH
04-Mar-08, 15:32
Those two didn't do shows, only private readings, and i measured their brainwave activity whilst in Glasgow conducting some research into stress indicators and their effect on modern life styles.

However i do have ambulatory physiological device, than can measure info whilst on the move, it does involve 3 sensors on the scalp for eeg activity. The problem with eeg measuring is that muscular movement creates what we call artefact, so you have to remove a lot of movement, but given people involved with mediumship etc do readings, its not a big problem to measure as long as they are stationary.

Also you can do tests without apparatus, such as getting them to do a reading via relayed video camera, so you see what they are saying, but they don’t see your body positioning, nor hear your language patterns, this takes away cold reading, and if you set up a client to have a reading and tell no one in advance that usually takes away hot reading also.

I have a whole range of protocols that can be used in a variety of situations, I had to do this to stop potential candidates turning up with an excuse book to get out of the tests.You're a modern day Houdini and I salute your quest to root out the fakes and have the open-mindedness to accept a genuine case if it so exists.

scorrie
04-Mar-08, 16:11

Some people will never change their minds. It doesn't matter how well anything is explained or reasoned out, it simply won't be accepted.

I am of the belief that different people operate at different levels of consciousness and perceptiveness. I have been in several situations where I have been totally aware that the people speaking to me had also been analysing my body language, the way I was talking, the words I was using etc. What they did not realise though, was that I was analysing THEM at the same time and could almost see their thought process at work in response to my replies. I would imagine that most people visiting a Psychic would simply be listening intently and not really analysing what was being asked of them. They would be concentrating on, and elaborating on, any "near-hits", allowing the Psychic to re-adjust her/his sights to home in on the "bullseye". The same questions put to a neutral observer would probably be perceived very differently and may well be seen as vague or leading questions.

Many "great" and mysterious "tricks" look less magical once you see how they are performed.

ExoticQueen
04-Mar-08, 23:02
That is the thing Metalattack, charging people for a service that has no basis in fact is totally wrong. Come april when the fraudulent mediums Act is repealed we will see how many of these 'mediums' are willing to prove their psychic abilty. Personally I think they will fade into the backround with their ill-gotten gains and that will be an end of it.
MY MY MY A FEW OFF U HAVE SOMETHING 2 SAY WELL AM A WHITE WITCH AND HONESTLY I BELIEVE WE DO GOOD FOR PEOPLE AND WE ARE MORE THAN CAPLE OFF KNOWING WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE OTHER SIDE SO AM SORRY BUT I HAVE 2 DISAGREE WITH ALL U PEOPLE THAT DONT BELIEVE,

ExoticQueen
04-Mar-08, 23:05
I would think because if she doesn't she can kiss goodbye to all that filthy lucre:
Is that the sound of bottles crashing in clairvoyant land?The use of Names, descriptions, dates are well documented cold reading techniques used by the professional charlatan.
You are welcome to that opinion but I would suggest that you are in need of a healthy dose of reality. Perhaps you might like to know....I am unconcerned as to what you think of me but my concience is clear.
IT SEEMS 2 ME THAT UR IN 4 A DOSE OF REALITY NOT US GET OFF UR HIGH HORSE AND LET PEOPLE BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY WNT,WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING NONE SO WHY THE SHOUTING OFF WHATS WRONG U DONT LIKE BEING PROVED WRONG PITY,THATS WHAT U NEED.

Boozeburglar
04-Mar-08, 23:13
Hi Exotic Queen, how are you tonight? I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

:)

TBH
04-Mar-08, 23:35
MY MY MY A FEW OFF U HAVE SOMETHING 2 SAY WELL AM A WHITE WITCH AND HONESTLY I BELIEVE WE DO GOOD FOR PEOPLE AND WE ARE MORE THAN CAPLE OFF KNOWING WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE OTHER SIDE SO AM SORRY BUT I HAVE 2 DISAGREE WITH ALL U PEOPLE THAT DONT BELIEVE,You practice Wicca, Has that anything to do with fake mediums ripping off the bereaved?

IT SEEMS 2 ME THAT UR IN 4 A DOSE OF REALITY NOT US GET OFF UR HIGH HORSE AND LET PEOPLE BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY WNT,WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING NONE SO WHY THE SHOUTING OFF WHATS WRONG U DONT LIKE BEING PROVED WRONG PITY,THATS WHAT U NEED.You practice Wicca, Has that anything to do with fake mediums ripping off the bereaved?

Metalattakk
04-Mar-08, 23:50
WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING NONE SO WHY THE SHOUTING OFF

What harm are they doing?

These charlatan mediums are charging innocent, bereaved, hurting, desperate, vulnerable and gullible people hard cash to be 'cold read' and told either outright lies, or nothing they don't already know.

These people prey on the impressionable and gullible, so much so that they don't even like it when 'first-timers' show up for a meeting, simply because it's harder work for them to figure out which members they have set up for 'hot reading', and harder to figure out who are the 'believers' that will respond eagerly to their shady techniques.

Read the wikipedia page on 'cold reading'. Educate yourself (if you are indeed ignorant of the technique).

And keep in mind that this thread isn't about spirituality, even if there is some shady church masquerading under the banner. This thread is about profiteering on the hopes and dreams of genuine, vulnerable people.

And that is what's wrong with it, and why the shouting off.

skytalker
10-Mar-08, 21:42
In reply to some of the comments here.

The mediums are not paid for their time, they are only paid their travel expenses and if they need it accommodation for their visit. So they are not profitting from the evening. The money collected on the night is then used to pay the travel expenses and accommodation for the next visiting medium.

I believe in God, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I also believe that spirits can come to some in society and that a medium is a vessel for which they can give us a message if we want it. That is what I believe and yes I have suffered great loss in my life, that of a child and a partner, but I believed in Spiritualism long before my losses.

I go to these meeting like anyone else who is a member of a Church, to mix with those who believe the same as myself. Okay I have to pay a dictated amount, but you pay if you go to your Church.

TBH
10-Mar-08, 22:35
In reply to some of the comments here.

The mediums are not paid for their time, they are only paid their travel expenses and if they need it accommodation for their visit. So they are not profitting from the evening. The money collected on the night is then used to pay the travel expenses and accommodation for the next visiting medium.I'll have to take your word for that but find it hard to believe.

I believe in God, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I also believe that spirits can come to some in society and that a medium is a vessel for which they can give us a message if we want it. That is what I believe and yes I have suffered great loss in my life, that of a child and a partner, but I believed in Spiritualism long before my losses.I am sorry to hear of your loss but I am aware that this is the only reason the charlatans of this world survive is by feeding off the grief of people that have had similar experiences to yourself. People always need answers to the question of why someone has been taken from them, some turn to psychics, others don't.

I go to these meeting like anyone else who is a member of a Church, to mix with those who believe the same as myself. Okay I have to pay a dictated amount, but you pay if you go to your Church.I know of no church that charges a £5 admission fee. Donations are a different matter altogether.

Boozeburglar
10-Mar-08, 22:38
I go to these meeting like anyone else who is a member of a Church, to mix with those who believe the same as myself. Okay I have to pay a dictated amount, but you pay if you go to your Church.

Churches make a collection at some point during their services. Contribution is optional.

They don't charge mandatory admission, as though it were a cinema.

I take it that, having made £1000 or so, the next few mediums shall now have their expenses covered?

So shall the next Caithness Spiritualist Church meeting be gratis for those attending?

Perhaps someone in real need who has no funds will then be able to attend, just as they would were it a normal church.

Oddquine
11-Mar-08, 01:21
I've been to a couple of Spiritualist Churchs' services a few times where there were visiting mediums (keeping my cousin company), and I don't remember paying a set sum, though I did give a donation............but both those churches had been going for a while and had probably acquired enough basic funds. It may be different with newly set up churches.

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 10:12
If all churches charged a £5 admission fee they would be even more empty than they already are :roll: It costs nothing to belive so why charge to share it? x

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 10:19
All of the spiritual churches i know of are donation based, i have very rarely, in fact i cant remember any that have a fixed fee as that doesnt seem a church to me.

Tilter
11-Mar-08, 12:50
in fact i cant remember any that have a fixed fee as that doesnt seem a church to me.

Last time we went to London we wanted to go in St Paul's but it would have been a tenner each to get in. That didn't sound like a church to my (tight) OH, so we didn't go in.

chamb
13-Mar-08, 22:45
Hi, just wondered how many were planning the scrabster community hall friday night, looking forward to it.

anneoctober
13-Mar-08, 23:44
Hi, just wondered how many were planning the scrabster community hall friday night, looking forward to it.
As long as we wear our name badges, we'll soon find oot how many orgers are there!! :D Yep, I'll be there ;)

ExoticQueen
14-Mar-08, 10:39
What harm are they doing?

These charlatan mediums are charging innocent, bereaved, hurting, desperate, vulnerable and gullible people hard cash to be 'cold read' and told either outright lies, or nothing they don't already know.

These people prey on the impressionable and gullible, so much so that they don't even like it when 'first-timers' show up for a meeting, simply because it's harder work for them to figure out which members they have set up for 'hot reading', and harder to figure out who are the 'believers' that will respond eagerly to their shady techniques.

Read the wikipedia page on 'cold reading'. Educate yourself (if you are indeed ignorant of the technique).

And keep in mind that this thread isn't about spirituality, even if there is some shady church masquerading under the banner. This thread is about profiteering on the hopes and dreams of genuine, vulnerable people.

And that is what's wrong with it, and why the shouting off.my my my we are dead against people like psycics it sounds like uv had a bad experience,i dont know but please dont class everyone in that same class cause we aint:Razz

ExoticQueen
14-Mar-08, 10:42
Hi, just wondered how many were planning the scrabster community hall friday night, looking forward to it.am going tonite looking forward to it tonite as well at least if ur a believer u never know what will happen,see u there and i hope you enjoy urself see u l8r.:lol:

ExoticQueen
14-Mar-08, 10:45
As long as we wear our name badges, we'll soon find oot how many orgers are there!! :D Yep, I'll be there ;)
good for you will see you there tonite looking forward to it see you l8r .

Metalattakk
14-Mar-08, 10:53
my my my we are dead against people like psycics it sounds like uv had a bad experience,i dont know but please dont class everyone in that same class cause we aint:Razz

I am dead against people profiteering from the grief and desperation of genuine people. I simply see it for what it is - a sham. Don't blame me because you can't see it as well. Goodness knows there's enough material out there to safely debunk this ridiculous 'church' and their immoral 'spiritualism', but again, scorrie is right: Some people want to believe so much, they'll ignore every single bit of criticism of the technique, even when it is blindingly obvious what is going on.

How much are they charging again?

johnlc
14-Mar-08, 12:21
Am going tonight myself with my friends,cant wait.
:D

Penelope Pitstop
14-Mar-08, 12:52
I must admit I'm really quite surprised/shocked that a "church" has an admission fee.

What's ever happened to giving a donation of what you could afford?

Are they trying to keep the very poor folk out????????

Metalattakk
14-Mar-08, 13:07
No, they're trying to keep the non-believers out. That's why they haven't advertised this meeting in here as they did before, and that's why they've moved the meeting to a (relatively) out-of-the-way venue - only believers will make the effort to go, and that's what they want.

(Edit: Unless of course this meeting tonight has nothing to do with the Spiritual Church or whatever they call themselves.)

And I'd also like to know the financial set-up of this organisation. Are they a registered charity, a registered business or what? Non-profit-making they claimed, I think. So where did the profits go from the last meeting (attended by 200 people at £5 a pop)?

There's something very shady about this group, I suspect.

Tilter
14-Mar-08, 21:15
No, they're trying to keep the non-believers out. That's why they haven't advertised this meeting in here as they did before, and that's why they've moved the meeting to a (relatively) out-of-the-way venue - only believers will make the effort to go, and that's what they want.

There's something very shady about this group, I suspect.

I think they're probably not super-shady on a shadiness scale, just out to make a buck and may even believe they're helping people at the same time.

For reasons I can't fathom, you will never persuade otherwise sensible people that there aren't thousands of already-dead people tap-tapping on one person's shoulder in one particular room in Caithness of 200 (otherwise sensible) people saying tell that woman over there I had a very nice death thank you and everything's just fine and dandy here and no worries.

Upbeat it ain't. But I do wonder why all the spiritual remains of these dead people stick so close to home when they've presumably got universes (even multiverses) to wander about in. Maybe all their molecules join back up somewhere and zero back in on a place? Maybe a believer could tell me.

TBH
14-Mar-08, 21:23
I think they're probably not super-shady on a shadiness scale, just out to make a buck and may even believe they're helping people at the same time.

For reasons I can't fathom, you will never persuade otherwise sensible people that there aren't thousands of already-dead people tap-tapping on one person's shoulder in one particular room in Caithness of 200 (otherwise sensible) people saying tell that woman over there I had a very nice death thank you and everything's just fine and dandy here and no worries.

Upbeat it ain't. But I do wonder why all the spiritual remains of these dead people stick so close to home when they've presumably got universes (even multiverses) to wander about in. Maybe all their molecules join back up somewhere and zero back in on a place? Maybe a believer could tell me.Very spooky, I logged onto this thread and what pops up? An advert for a free personal clairvoyant horoscope by Sarah Freder whoever she may be.[lol] It's all 1% perspiration, 99% manipulation.:roll:

Moi x
15-Mar-08, 02:54

(Edit: Unless of course this meeting tonight has nothing to do with the Spiritual Church or whatever they call themselves.)

And I'd also like to know the financial set-up of this organisation. Are they a registered charity, a registered business or what? Non-profit-making they claimed, I think. So where did the profits go from the last meeting (attended by 200 people at £5 a pop)?

There's something very shady about this group, I suspect.I think you might be right Metalattakk. They seem to have something against first timers. Do you think that might be because they can't use previous knowledge?

They seem to have something against non-believers also. You can't them up for pick for that surely. Would you want non-believers in your audience if you were pretending you could speak to the dead?

Natalie is a good performer. She picks people she has performed for before and she derides first-timers and critics. What else can a girl do when she's been caught red-handed?

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:28
ok you have had your say for you non believers i was at the meeting last nite and the workshop and i can garantee that they are 100% genuine people they are truly gifted in everything they have said and have done why you lot so eager to critisis everyone that truly believes theres another side i wish you lot would give up and let us enjoy something a lot off us believe in we aint hurting you lot and we aint doing any harm so no matter how many times certain people greet about us doing people out off money for nothing you are so wrong am glad i have something too look forward too when i cross over i never need to worry about death anymore.:roll:

johnlc
15-Mar-08, 20:34
how did the workshop go this morning wanted to go but cldnt get a babysitter,but i have to say lastnight was really good and yes they are 100% genuine,jock was great he was quite funny.
Cant wait to get his book.:D

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:34
I am dead against people profiteering from the grief and desperation of genuine people. I simply see it for what it is - a sham. Don't blame me because you can't see it as well. Goodness knows there's enough material out there to safely debunk this ridiculous 'church' and their immoral 'spiritualism', but again, scorrie is right: Some people want to believe so much, they'll ignore every single bit of criticism of the technique, even when it is blindingly obvious what is going on.

How much are they charging again?
we believe because we know theres anotherside am sorry you cant see that but you would be suprised what you would hear dont know why you are against us so much but the fee to get in is only for expenses they dont profit,whats wrong with you lot you dont like anything new because it scares you so much its not the dead that harmful its the living :roll:

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:40
how did the workshop go this morning wanted to go but cldnt get a babysitter,but i have to say lastnight was really good and yes they are 100% genuine,jock was great he was quite funny.
Cant wait to get his book.:D
the workshop was brilliant i learnt so much about auras,meditating,what our gaurdian angels are called mines a wolf and is called pedra a spanish angel am so glad i went am going to channel my gift and too open up my mind to help others even if it takes me a few years made some new friends and believers that think like me am sorry you missed it you would have enjoyed it so much.:D

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 20:41
ok you have had your say for you non believers i was at the meeting last nite and the workshop and i can garantee that they are 100% genuine people
No you can't. The only people who knows if they are genuine or not is themselves. You're certainly in no position to guarantee anything of the sort.

why you lot so eager to critisis everyone that truly believes theres another side i wish you lot would give up and let us enjoy something a lot off us believe in
I'm not criticising anyone who believes in it. I am criticising those who profit from it.

we aint hurting you lot and we aint doing any harm so no matter how many times certain people greet about us doing people out off money for nothing you are so wrong am glad i have something too look forward too when i cross over i never need to worry about death anymore.:roll:

Are you a 'psychic'?

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:43
Very spooky, I logged onto this thread and what pops up? An advert for a free personal clairvoyant horoscope by Sarah Freder whoever she may be.[lol] It's all 1% perspiration, 99% manipulation.:roll:
you never give up on the critsism do you

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 20:44
we believe because we know theres anotherside am sorry you cant see that but you would be suprised what you would hear dont know why you are against us so much but the fee to get in is only for expenses they dont profit,whats wrong with you lot you dont like anything new because it scares you so much its not the dead that harmful its the living :roll:

You just don't get it, do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading)

http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4)

Educate yourself.

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:45
No you can't. The only people who knows if they are genuine or not is themselves. You're certainly in no position to guarantee anything of the sort.

I'm not criticising anyone who believes in it. I am criticising those who profit from it.

Are you a 'psychic'?no i aint am trying to learn to channel what gift am learning and to help others

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:47
You just don't get it, do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading)

http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4)

Educate yourself.i am educated so i dont need too goto your links i already told you no one profits ok

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 20:48
How much is it costing you to 'learn' this 'gift'?

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 20:50
i am educated so i dont need too goto your links

Why not? Are you scared you might become enlightened? :D

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:51
How much is it costing you to 'learn' this 'gift'?
nothing whats so ever its all about training and getting help off people that have the gift for nothing we dont do this too profit we do this for people who want our help.

DeHaviLand
15-Mar-08, 20:52
no i aint am trying to learn to channel what gift am learning and to help others

i am educated so i dont need too goto your links i already told you no one profits ok

I feel some may disagree.:cool:

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:53
Why not? Are you scared you might become enlightened? :D
no am not scared am telling you the truth

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 20:55
I feel some may disagree.:cool:
probably but we cant do anything about that am sorry to say if we all agreed it would be a dull world

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 20:58
no am not scared am telling you the truth

So you say. The links I posted will totally debunk your beliefs, beyond any reasonable doubt. The emphasis on 'reasonable' is deliberate by the way.

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 21:04
So you say. The links I posted will totally debunk your beliefs, beyond any reasonable doubt. The emphasis on 'reasonable' is deliberate by the way.
can i ask you a question have you ever been to any meetings or do you just watch those links and go by that

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 21:10
Yes you can ask that question. I have never been to one of these meetings. Why is this question important ore even relevant?

WeeBurd
15-Mar-08, 21:11
can i ask you a question have you ever been to any meetings or do you just watch those links and go by that

I think it's been made quite clear already that the likes of Metalattak would not be made welcome at a meeting, due to his scepticism. Unfortunate really, as you would think clairvoyants would be keen to turn a sceptic into a believer if they've nothing to hide. :roll:

From what I hear, the meeting last night was far more entertaining that the previous on in February, I was diappointed I couldn't make it.

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 21:16
I think it's been made quite clear already that the likes of Metalattak would not be made welcome at a meeting, due to his scepticism. Unfortunate really, as you would think clairvoyants would be keen to turn a sceptic into a believer if they've nothing to hide. :roll:

From what I hear, the meeting last night was far more entertaining that the previous on in February, I was diappointed I couldn't make it.
we welcome sceptics too the meetings and they have nothing too hide clairvoyants welcome people who believe and who dont believe you might be surprised metalattak it might change your views if you were togo too a meeting

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 21:17
It might. It might not, though. And then where would I be? Even more correct than I am now?

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 21:20
It might. It might not, though. And then where would I be? Even more correct than I am now?
i dont know all am saying it works both ways i was a person who didnt believe but i do now my life has been changed so much for the better not the worst i see things so different now it makes you appraicet life so much more :D

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 21:24
How to Cold Read. (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.wikihow.com/Cold-Read)

Enjoy. ;)

ExoticQueen
16-Mar-08, 13:05
How to Cold Read. (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.wikihow.com/Cold-Read)

Enjoy. ;)thanks:Dfor our chat

TBH
16-Mar-08, 16:36

From what I hear, the meeting last night was far more entertaining that the previous on in February, I was diappointed I couldn't make it.There are those two words again which have been used frequently by those with the unquestioning belief that psychic ability is a real phenomenon.
Are the likes of us not allowed to disagree with the idea of anyone having psychic ability?

ExoticQueen
16-Mar-08, 16:38
There are those two words again which have been used frequently by those with the unquestioning belief that psychic ability is a real phenomenon.
Are the likes of us not allowed to disagree with the idea of anyone having psychic ability?
no you can but you could be a wee bit nicer about it thats all

TBH
16-Mar-08, 16:45
no you can but you could be a wee bit nicer about it thats allI have never written about you or any other poster in derogatory terms. I have written about fraudulent psychics charging money for a service that has no provable basis in reality. Yes I am sceptical but I am also open minded enough to accept something exists when there is concrete proof to that end. The thing I absolutely abhor is the exploitation of people in a vulnerable state of mind.

WeeBurd
16-Mar-08, 19:33
There are those two words again which have been used frequently by those with the unquestioning belief that psychic ability is a real phenomenon.

Sorry TBH, I don't understand your point, 'twas I that used the phrase "the likes"... are you commenting on my unquestioning belief it's all real? [lol]

Edited again, to add "I"

TBH
16-Mar-08, 22:23
Sorry TBH, I don't understand your point, 'twas that used the phrase "the likes"... are you commenting on my unquestioning belief it's all real? [lol]What?:confused

WeeBurd
17-Mar-08, 12:33
What?:confused

In editing, I have obviously deleted a word in error, which may have made the post clearer, although I don't think it was unclear anyway :roll:.

I was the person who used the phrase "the likes" and I am certainly not one of those you believe to have an unquestioning belief that psychic ability is real. I have said that I am curious, and open to the possibility of it, yes, but I have my own reservations too.

So again, I don't understand your point - you quoted my post, but to what purpose, I have no idea...