PDA

View Full Version : Chopper

psyberyeti
12-Feb-08, 17:20
Anyone know why there don't appear to be any distinct markings on this chopper?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/psyberyeti/IMG_6303-1crop.jpg

I got this shot while I was out sunbathing today.:cool:

buggyracer
12-Feb-08, 17:21
its a UFO :lol:

NICE PIC BY THE WAY!!

dessie
12-Feb-08, 17:34
great photo of the chinook there it flew over my home in lybste yesturday..not to sure about the markings.there is a chinook bas ein belfast international airport and not many have markings...sorry..

Raven
12-Feb-08, 19:12
whehey, how close!! What did youexpect to see on the markings?? Chiquita Banana maybe?? :-)

Dog-eared
13-Feb-08, 15:39
That Chinook did a couple of circuits of Thurso bay the other day.

Phoenix200416
13-Feb-08, 18:53
Aye, I saw a Chinook over Halkirk yesterday. Was really low as well. :D

TRUCKER
15-Feb-08, 05:55
Its got no markings because it is a army helicopter.

psyberyeti
15-Feb-08, 09:00
Its got no markings because it is a army helicopter.

Hello Trucker, surely even army helicopters have white ID numbers, roundals, 'ARMY' written on them?:cool:

Raven
15-Feb-08, 11:24
Hello Trucker, surely even army helicopters have white ID numbers, roundals, 'ARMY' written on them?

At least in Germany they do...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/Scotland-visions/IMG_3722.jpg

And here is the 4 year old pilotess to go with it

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/Scotland-visions/IMG_3714.jpg

psyberyeti
15-Feb-08, 22:55
Surely she is trying to take the place of 'Destiny' Angel in the new version of Captain Scarlet; there is a great resemblance. ;-)
At least in Germany they do...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/Scotland-visions/IMG_3722.jpg

And here is the 4 year old pilotess to go with it

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/Scotland-visions/IMG_3714.jpg

footie chick
16-Feb-08, 00:35
Aye, I saw a Chinook over Halkirk yesterday. Was really low as well. :D

I know was in M-in laws house and I honestly thought it had landed on the roof it was that low.

psyberyeti
17-Feb-08, 10:52
There is another low flying chopper in the Bettyhill area - anybody any idea where it is flying to/from or what it's doing. It seems to be following the coastline more or less.

Both times that it came over yesterday and today my camera was in it's bag in the car in the garage as I was preparing to go out places, so no photo even though it was low and close. Bahh!!:cool:

brandy
17-Feb-08, 11:09
wow its bigger than the house! really good pic !!! almost dosent look real does it! must have been impressive to see it in person!

floyed
17-Feb-08, 14:21
That is a cool picture, to catch it so low brilliant!

highlander
18-Feb-08, 22:27
Just ran outside, the most lovely sound of three helicopters flying very low, pity it is dark, hubby said one was a chinook.

linkside
18-Feb-08, 23:00
There is another low flying chopper in the Bettyhill area - anybody any idea where it is flying to/from or what it's doing. It seems to be following the coastline more or less.

Both times that it came over yesterday and today my camera was in it's bag in the car in the garage as I was preparing to go out places, so no photo even though it was low and close. Bahh!!:cool:

According to a relative the helicopter was doing a deer count.

kas
18-Feb-08, 23:20
Just ran outside, the most lovely sound of three helicopters flying very low, pity it is dark, hubby said one was a chinook.

There is a big military exersize going on this evening. The jets are low as well.
The Chinook that psyberyeti took a photo of landed on the Dounreay runway last week. It was a military one.

Scunner
18-Feb-08, 23:54
there must be something, Jets and heli have been over a few times tonight. Quiet just now

psyberyeti
19-Feb-08, 23:57
The jets were so low tonight they have left paint on the roof tiles.:lol: I don't mind, they've got to practice somewhere to make our land a safer place to live (I hope).
The cat does not like the low jets though - their passing turns his tail into a bog brush.:lol:

Fran
20-Feb-08, 03:45
there is a military exercise going on at present, thats how we are seeing helicopters and small jets. there was a small army jet at the airport the other day.

psyberyeti
21-Feb-08, 13:31
wow its bigger than the house! really good pic !!! almost dosent look real does it! must have been impressive to see it in person!

Hello Brandy, it certainly was impressive. But why did I get all excited about it? I have no idea. Must be a 'boy' thing. It's a bit like bird watching. You hang around in the cold for a few hours and then suddenly one flits by. I never got the other chopper as it was in and out so fast.:cool:

But, this should raise an issue for our armed forces. If that was indeed a military chopper why did it take the same route at the same time for several days running? Luckily, I was only shooting at them with a camera - they were a bit predictable in time and route. Our armed forces should be the best in the world - this was a bit sloppy. :confused

Thumper
21-Feb-08, 14:10
I think its an amazing pic psyberyeti! The noise must have been deafening! I can see you point about them having issues tho if they were that predictable,although I suppose they may have had a reason for that as well x

psyberyeti
22-Feb-08, 22:54
I think its an amazing pic psyberyeti! The noise must have been deafening! I can see you point about them having issues tho if they were that predictable,although I suppose they may have had a reason for that as well x
Hello Thumper, yup, it was very loud. Although, you could hear it for ages before it turned up over us. I had chance to go in have a shower, cook and eat a meal, watch a film, then go and get my camera, change the lens, just in time to catch it going overhead. :lol: How on earth do those Sikirsy's (OK, I've no idea how to spell it) creep up on unsuspecting targets.:cool: I did get more photos over the next few days.

Thumper
22-Feb-08, 23:21
Would love to see them!Your pics are great....if you still have hearing you deserve the recognition lol x