PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Underage Feral Foul Youths (DUFFY)

brokencross
12-Feb-08, 09:30
This dreadful plague of DUFFY seems to be spreading across the country.

It is not the actual drinking that is the problem but the violent behaviour it brings on. If the DUFFY wanted to drink themselves into a stupor quietly in a corner every day/night and eventually get liver disease and all the other ills that beset heavy drinkers that is one thing; but when their antisocial, obnoxious, destructive and violent behaviour starts impacting on decent living people, it is totally unacceptable.

I think it is time for radical draconian measures.

1) The police should have a dedicated DUFFY squad who trawl the streets and be easily contactable by mobile phone so the public can report DUFFY in progress.

2) If the DUFFY squad find a suspected FIRST time DUFFY, they should breathalyse them, they should confiscate the alcoholic drink, photograph the DUFFY, give them a stern verbal warning, a written warning (for the next day when they sober up) then take them home to their parents, read the parents the riot act and let them know the full consequences if their child is a DUFFY again.

3) If the DUFFY squad catch a suspected repeat offender DUFFY, they should breathalyse them, they confiscate the alcohol and take the DUFFY to the new style cells. These new cells are open cages, in the open air (Guantanamo Bay style), in full view of the public. The parents are contacted and told to come to the DUFFY cages. They are reminded of the consequences of allowing their child to be a repeat DUFFY and told to collect them in the morning.

4) The next night one of the parents and the repeat DUFFY have to report to the DUFFY cages at 1800 and then they spend the whole night in these cages. The night after that, it is the turn of the other parent AND the repeat offender DUFFY to spend another night in the DUFFY cage.

5) Next morning both parents and DUFFY are warned that any future DUFFY behaviour would result in the same punishment but increasing incrementally i.e. 2 nights, 3 nights etc.

I don't know if this would work but it is worth a try and might just make the parents take responsibility for their children.

I was going to suggest that rotten fruit, vegetables and foul smelling liquids being available near the DUFFY cells for the public to show their displeasure but I thought the do gooders and civil liberties lot might find that a step too far.

TBH
12-Feb-08, 09:56
What about the people with the surname Duffy, Are they protected from prosecution?:lol:

mccaugm
12-Feb-08, 10:21
I agree with Broken Cross...up to a point.

I think they should be kept in the cells although not the type that mean wearing Orange Boiler Suits.

I do think that posters should be put up around the town advising the law abiding public of the "Duffy" offender.

:mad:

brokencross
12-Feb-08, 10:40
TBH....Any Duffy who is not a DUFFY should have nothing to fear, but heaven help a DUFFY Duffy.

mccaugm...I agree with the posters but they also need physical shaming and ridicule, maybe we should bring back the Pillory and Stocks in the market square. Whatever, it needs to be drastic and done soon.

j4bberw0ck
12-Feb-08, 10:41
Invoice the offender or his / her family for the costs of arresting / treating / cleaning up whatever mess they caused, and compensating their victims; immediate payment, failing which seizure of goods and poindings in the street. They'll listen when the 50 inch plasma screen gets sold for fifty quid and the chavmobile with plastic flared arches and a boot full of amplifiers is sold for £100. Or less, if there's anyone there with taste :lol: .

TBH
12-Feb-08, 10:55
I agree with the posters but they also need physical shaming and ridicule, maybe we should bring back the Pillory and Stocks in the market square. Whatever, it needs to be drastic and done soon.

Invoice the offender or his / her family for the costs of arresting / treating / cleaning up whatever mess they caused, and compensating their victims; immediate payment, failing which seizure of goods and poindings in the street. They'll listen when the 50 inch plasma screen gets sold for fifty quid and the chavmobile with plastic flared arches and a boot full of amplifiers is sold for £100. Or less, if there's anyone there with taste :lol: .Some excellent punishments, hit them where it hurts, watch the tears flow as the plasma tv gets carted out the door.[lol]

Dadie
12-Feb-08, 14:00
stamp their foreheads with the fine notice in indelible ink then they cannot hide it!
it may even stop them reoffending until it fades!

mccaugm
12-Feb-08, 15:27
stamp their foreheads with the fine notice in indelible ink then they cannot hide it!

Brilliant idea....on the spot stamping as well as fines:D...class.

golach
12-Feb-08, 15:29
Maybe even a tattoo, or a brand burnt into the forehead? [lol]

northener
12-Feb-08, 15:29
Given the problems some of the plebs have in distinguishing between paedophiles and paedeiatricians, we need to tread carefully.

Potential headline:

"Duff bus service leads to Old Duffer being duffed up in duffelcoat by Duffers outrage!!"

This could lead to old folks and any legitimate duffelcoat owners being targeted by witless groups of 'concerned residents' and 'mothers who know stuff'.

scorrie
12-Feb-08, 15:47

Just stamp ON their foreheads ;)

rob murray
12-Feb-08, 17:02
Just stamp ON their foreheads ;)

An area in Dingwall last year was really bothered with badly behaved youths. After much hassle and pressure from residents the police enforced a dispersal order, ie anyone there not from the locality was ordered to disperse ( which they did ) or be arrested. The police have powers to enforce dispersal,the issue is what happens when the youths dont go...extra manpower needed...do the police then "police" the dispersal order or walk away ?? People are being serious assaulted and murdered on alarming regularity in situations where an area is infected by bad behaviour. If the law gives powers to disperse, then thats what should be done.

skinnydog
12-Feb-08, 17:55
I do think that there are lots of different angles to look at and first off I think that there should be a lot more police presence, this may possibly deter the "followers" amongst these kids. The "leaders" are the ones that do need rounded up and punished. Nothing too serious at first, possibly putting them in orange boiler suits and made to do community service may? Some kids may need help to get them back on track when they have lost their way in life a little but some are just rotten to the core and no matter what society does for them they will just come back worse than the last time. Those kids that murdered Gary Newlove were just awful. How a human being can kick another human being so hard that there shoe comes off is just beyond me. Part of me thinks that parents have a certain part to play but then you do hear of perfectly respectable parents who have tried their best and their kids have still gone off the rails.

Blazing Sporrans
12-Feb-08, 18:04
In the same week that we hear of increased attacks on firefighters (contrary to government stats but I know whom I'd prefer to believe) it strikes me that the the firefighters ought to turn their hoses on the little wastes of skin responsible for such outrages. The law allows you to use a proportionate level of force to defend yourself or others from assault, so why not? Personally, I'd laud anyone who did and I'd also happily contribute to pay the fine of any firefighter convicted of any criminal offence as a consequence of defending themselves and their colleagues in such a manner....

Whitewater
12-Feb-08, 23:53
I don't think the youth of today are any worse than in my day (50+ years ago) the difference being that there is no punishment in schools nor in many homes, the courts can't do anything with them and they know this. There is no respect for their teachers, elders or anybody in a responsible position. They have the power and they know it.

We took a drink when we were young, but we paid for it when we got home. If we fought with each other we used our fists, one on one, and when they went down we stood back until they got up. We threw stones at each other but if we hit somebody on the head we went over to them to make sure they were OK.

The difference with the youth today compared to my day was simply that we had respect for authority no matter where it came from. Today there are too many "dogooders" telling us how to bring up our children and making excuses for their behaviour. We are much too politically correct. Even the Archbishop of Canterbury is at it. The laws of our country are slowly being strangled and made useless.

Gleber2
13-Feb-08, 00:19
The Isle of Man had very few lawbreakers when they used the birch. Maybe we should bring it back.

j4bberw0ck
13-Feb-08, 09:52
The Isle of Man had very few lawbreakers when they used the birch. Maybe we should bring it back.

Amen to that.

brokencross
13-Feb-08, 10:16

Unfortunately the preponderance of human rights lawyers and civil liberty do-gooders would not allow this to happen.

Shame though, the threat of the birch wouldn't stop all of the mindless violence but it would deter most of the lily-livered gang members on the periphery.

katarina
13-Feb-08, 13:14
This dreadful plague of DUFFY seems to be spreading across the country.

It is not the actual drinking that is the problem but the violent behaviour it brings on. If the DUFFY wanted to drink themselves into a stupor quietly in a corner every day/night and eventually get liver disease and all the other ills that beset heavy drinkers that is one thing; but when their antisocial, obnoxious, destructive and violent behaviour starts impacting on decent living people, it is totally unacceptable.

I think it is time for radical draconian measures.

1) The police should have a dedicated DUFFY squad who trawl the streets and be easily contactable by mobile phone so the public can report DUFFY in progress.

2) If the DUFFY squad find a suspected FIRST time DUFFY, they should breathalyse them, they should confiscate the alcoholic drink, photograph the DUFFY, give them a stern verbal warning, a written warning (for the next day when they sober up) then take them home to their parents, read the parents the riot act and let them know the full consequences if their child is a DUFFY again.

3) If the DUFFY squad catch a suspected repeat offender DUFFY, they should breathalyse them, they confiscate the alcohol and take the DUFFY to the new style cells. These new cells are open cages, in the open air (Guantanamo Bay style), in full view of the public. The parents are contacted and told to come to the DUFFY cages. They are reminded of the consequences of allowing their child to be a repeat DUFFY and told to collect them in the morning.

4) The next night one of the parents and the repeat DUFFY have to report to the DUFFY cages at 1800 and then they spend the whole night in these cages. The night after that, it is the turn of the other parent AND the repeat offender DUFFY to spend another night in the DUFFY cage.

5) Next morning both parents and DUFFY are warned that any future DUFFY behaviour would result in the same punishment but increasing incrementally i.e. 2 nights, 3 nights etc.

I don't know if this would work but it is worth a try and might just make the parents take responsibility for their children.

I was going to suggest that rotten fruit, vegetables and foul smelling liquids being available near the DUFFY cells for the public to show their displeasure but I thought the do gooders and civil liberties lot might find that a step too far.

Many respectable parents have kids that go off the rails through no fault of their upbringing - unfortunately though, a lot of duffys are bred from duffy parents and don't know any better!

nanoo
13-Feb-08, 13:29
The Isle of Man had very few lawbreakers when they used the birch. Maybe we should bring it back.I think it would only take one or two examples for the word to get round. :~(