PDA

View Full Version : Hecklers get roasted

TBH
10-Feb-08, 17:21
So many cannot have opinions on certain subjects without being branded a racist, homophobic, etc. Here's how Arsenio Hall dealt with some gay rights activists that tried to imply he was homophobic because they thought he had never had a homosexual guest on his chat show:[lol]

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGQzs22K3s)

superted
10-Feb-08, 17:41
He dealt with that very well....:D

percy toboggan
10-Feb-08, 18:48
Peter Kay made me laugh the other night on telly.
"I'm not homophobic, how can I be scared of me 'ouse?"

It's an overworked word...many people who do nothing to actively villify homosexuals do not like what they do, and would not feel comfortable in their company. Myself included. Does this mean I'm 'homophobic' Does it 'eck as like. Of course, you may have a different view.

DeHaviLand
10-Feb-08, 19:34

It's an overworked work...many people who do nothing to actively villify homosexuals do not like what they do, and would not feel comfortable in their company. Myself included. Does this mean I'm 'homophobic' Does it 'eck as like. Of course, you may have a different view.

Ah Percy, unfortunately the more PC out there will be only too happy to tag you as homophobic. You have to embrace this whole new world percy, and look forward to the day when it becomes compulsory :eek::~(

badger
10-Feb-08, 19:56

It's an overworked work...many people who do nothing to actively villify homosexuals do not like what they do, and would not feel comfortable in their company. Myself included. Does this mean I'm 'homophobic' Does it 'eck as like. Of course, you may have a different view.

Why would you not feel comfortable in their company? How would you know you were in their company, or at least of one? I'm always puzzled by this not liking what they do. If you mean what I think you mean (not sure what I'm allowed to say on here), do you enquire of everyone you meet what they do or how?

Someone who does not feel comfortable in the company of spiders is arachnaphobic, so yes I guess that makes you homophobic. Just as having a problem with someone purely because of their race makes you racist. People should be regarded as individuals - if you get to know them and find you don't like them that's fair enough but why prejudge?

percy toboggan
10-Feb-08, 20:36
Why would you not feel comfortable in their company? How would you know you were in their company, or at least of one? I'm always puzzled by this not liking what they do. If you mean what I think you mean (not sure what I'm allowed to say on here), do you enquire of everyone you meet what they do or how?

er....why would I? I do not like the sight of men kissing each other on the mouth, and as that's the start of what you do want to delve into we'll leave it there....this forum is open to all ages I understand.Just accept it badger...some heterosexual blokes do not like to be around gaymen. Why do you appear to have a problem with that?

Someone who does not feel comfortable in the company of spiders is arachnaphobic, so yes I guess that makes you homophobic.

Absolute garbage or a bad guess...your choice. I do not like large spiders but unlike an 'arachnaphobe' would not start screaming or run away from them. The only times I've knowingly been around homosexuals I remained quite calm, ....but didn't linger to spend a penny....So, phobic? perhaps not. Would you have lingered , I wonder - ?

Just as having a problem with someone purely because of their race makes you racist. People should be regarded as individuals - if you get to know them and find you don't like them that's fair enough but why prejudge?

I don't 'prejudge' individuals. I do have what some/many might describe as 'racist' views, but the trick is these are not views about individuals.It's a curious fact that almost everyone I encounter... in 'real' life away from the computer shares my views, or 95% of 'em.

Sapphire2803
10-Feb-08, 20:42

It's an overworked word...many people who do nothing to actively villify homosexuals do not like what they do, and would not feel comfortable in their company. Myself included. Does this mean I'm 'homophobic' Does it 'eck as like. Of course, you may have a different view.

Would it be fair to say that what you have a problem with is more camp men than gay men?
I personally don't like to see anyone playing tonsil hockey in public, doesn't matter who they are.

Boozeburglar
10-Feb-08, 20:46
It's a curious fact that almost everyone I encounter... in 'real' life away from the computer shares my views, or 95% of 'em.

Remarkable.

95%?

Truly remarkable.

Do you hand out a questionnaire?

karia
10-Feb-08, 20:51
It's a curious fact that almost everyone I encounter... in 'real' life away from the computer shares my views, or 95% of 'em.

Perhaps you should get out more percy.....

.....if 95% of people I encountered agreed with me I'd be thinking 'commune' or 'Stepford wives'[lol][lol]

Are you in a secure unit?..gated community perhaps?

mccaugm
10-Feb-08, 21:01
Why is that hetero men are scared or unnerved by homosexual men? Are they scared that the gay bloke will come on to them. Thats more arrogance than anything else.

The reverse is true with women because they feel even more secure as they will not be hassled. Best nights out I have ever had have been with gay friends of mine.

I am female and have gone out with gay female friends before...and it didn't bother me...why would it?

karia
10-Feb-08, 21:05
The only times I've knowingly been around homosexuals I remained quite calm, ....but didn't linger to spend a penny....So, phobic? perhaps not. Would you have lingered , I wonder - ?

Don't you think it's a tad egotistical to assume that the sight of you 'pouring off beer' is going to prove irresistable to gay men..they have high standards!

Sapphire2803
10-Feb-08, 21:08
The only times I've knowingly been around homosexuals I remained quite calm, ....but didn't linger to spend a penny....So, phobic? perhaps not. Would you have lingered , I wonder - ?

Don't you think it's a tad egotistical to assume that the sight of you 'pouring off beer' is going to prove irresistable to gay men..they have high standards!

Oh, well said :)
Funniest thing I ever saw was my ex husband in a gay club. He started off ok, but the more he drank the more paranoid he became! I think it's safe to say that the only person in the club that night who fancied him... was him!!! :lol:

golach
10-Feb-08, 21:11

Sorry Karia, you live in a cotton wool world, many predatory homosexuals trawl male toilets, it is a well know fact, just see a certain singer from a group called Wham who was arrested in one, maybe its the smell of these places that does it. And yes I am speaking from experience, and I am 100% hetro

karia
10-Feb-08, 21:17
Oh, well said
Funniest thing I ever saw was my ex husband in a gay club. He started off ok, but the more he drank the more paranoid he became! I think it's safe to say that the only person in the club that night who fancied him... was him!!!

Exactly..the straight guys are all belly's out and unshaven and they are worried about being 'picked up' by smartly dressed, well manicured gay guys!:eek:

In the amazing event that an 'invitation' was forthcoming..don't they trust themselves to turn it down?[lol]

Sapphire2803
10-Feb-08, 21:18
Sorry Karia, you live in a cotton wool world, many predatory homosexuals trawl male toilets, it is a well know fact, just see a certain singer from a group called Wham who was arrested in one, maybe its the smell of these places that does it. And yes I am speaking from experience, and I am 100% hetro

I couldn't say that is never true, but generally 'predatory' is way off. Cruising is a common shall we say... hobby? Not all gay men go in for it though

Now then, if some women hung around certain buildings waiting for men to come along so that they could have no-strings sex. Not every man would choose to go there, but it'll still be like piccadilly circus! Would you call those men predatory?

helenwyler
10-Feb-08, 22:00

Percy (excellent name for this thread btw)! What a wag you are!

Your sentence is ambiguous.

If you mean that 95% of people you encounter agree with you, then perhaps you only mix with consensuals.

Daily Wail readers, I mean.

Or you talk to yourself a lot. It must be lonely sometimes in your truck?

percy toboggan
10-Feb-08, 22:13

It's unusual for me to laugh out loud whilst looking at my pc monitor.
'high standards' Don't make me laugh ? many of them will jump anything.

I wasn't 'pouring off beer' not most of the time anyways...just trying to clean up after a days graft. Some of you lot know nowt.
We've had this argument before on 'ere and I just can't help myself taking on the evangelical homo-lobby. It seems it's not enough to tolerate ...we are now expected to laud, celebrate and embrace. Well, I'm afraid I'm of the wrong generation to be steered in this way, you'll just have to lump it.

percy toboggan
10-Feb-08, 22:16
Percy

Or you talk to yourself a lot. It must be lonely sometimes in your truck?

Oh Helen!? How can it be lonely when I'm there ?

Thumper
10-Feb-08, 22:20
People should be accepted for WHO they are not what sexual preference they have!Just because somebody is gay doesnt mean they are desperate, and they are highly unlikey to try to "jump" the first man/woman they see just for gratification :roll: Do hetrosexual people just jump on the first person they see?NO.....so why would a gay person?IMO live and let live.....everyone has the right to chose what they want in life and just because they chose to be gay doesnt mean they are going to run around molesting anything the see!x

percy toboggan
10-Feb-08, 22:21
Oh and before anyone asks I'm not '100% hetero'...I don't think anyone is..But...and it's a big butt....I don't need one of Boozebuglers 'questionnaires' though to know I'm in the high nineties.

Oddquine
10-Feb-08, 22:29
You know.....I have absolutely no idea if I know any homosexuals, male or female. I know one or two campish males and the odd butch female.....but I have no idea of their sexual proclivities..........doubtless because it has nothing to do with me....just as I have no idea what religion, if any, my friends and acquaintances practise......it doesn't change who they are or why I like them.

In fact, I have more problems with the unreconstructed male who thinks a woman's place is doing housework, bearing children and obeying their orders......and who also tend to be racist, homophobic and abusive. Always seemed to me that they were very very insecure in their own identity.

Oddquine
10-Feb-08, 22:33
People should be accepted for WHO they are not what sexual preference they have!Just because somebody is gay doesnt mean they are desperate, and they are highly unlikey to try to "jump" the first man/woman they see just for gratification :roll: Do hetrosexual people just jump on the first person they see?NO.....so why would a gay person?IMO live and let live.....everyone has the right to chose what they want in life and just because they chose to be gay doesnt mean they are going to run around molesting anything the see!x

They don't choose to be gay, any more than anyone chooses to be heterosexual, Thumper.

Thumper
10-Feb-08, 22:35
They don't choose to be gay, any more than anyone chooses to be heterosexual, Thumper.

I didnt mean it in a derogatory way oddquine, I meant that we ALL can do what we want and when we want without others having to feel threatened because we chose a different preference x

Metalattakk
10-Feb-08, 22:40
I didnt mean it in a derogatory way oddquine, I meant that we ALL can do what we want and when we want without others having to feel threatened because we chose a different preference x

Yup, and in the same way, people are perfectly free to disapprove of people's lifestyles and preferences.

Thumper
10-Feb-08, 22:41
Yes they are metalattkk, but if somebody is that bothered about somebodies sexual preference IMO its them that has the problem x

karia
10-Feb-08, 22:50
This proves once and for all.......

.............'There's nowt as queer as folk!';)

Metalattakk
10-Feb-08, 23:05
Yes they are metalattkk, but if somebody is that bothered about somebodies sexual preference IMO its them that has the problem x

What do you mean by 'that bothered'?

I disapprove of much the lifestyle that gay people partake in. I wouldn't dream of stopping them or prejudicing against them for it.

I just disapprove, much like I disapprove of many things including poor spelling and grammar, bad parenting, pathetic knee-jerk reactions from people who don't read posts properly and 'stupid people' in general.

They can do what they want. But don't expect me to approve.

Thumper
10-Feb-08, 23:13
What I mean is,if somebody is worried to sit by somebody who is gay for fear of being jumped on,or to enter a loo for the same fear its them that has the problem.Predators are everywhere and they aren't all gay,thats life,sad but unfortunately true.Gays are no more likely to "attack" somebody than any other person is,so its like refusing to sit beside an aids sufferer for fear of catching it,in otherwords ignorance.
But each to there own and as you have stated we are all entitled to our opinion, as for bad grammar etc I can agree it can be annoying but I wouldnt disapprove of it but thats probably because I have worked with kids with learning difficulites and their lack of spelling was more than made up for with personality x

DeHaviLand
10-Feb-08, 23:17
Oh and before anyone asks I'm not '100% hetero'...I don't think anyone is..But...and it's a big butt....I don't need one of Boozebuglers 'questionnaires' though to know I'm in the high nineties.

Freudian slip percy?:roll::lol:

TBH
11-Feb-08, 03:15
Why is that hetero men are scared or unnerved by homosexual men? Are they scared that the gay bloke will come on to them. Thats more arrogance than anything else.

The reverse is true with women because they feel even more secure as they will not be hassled. Best nights out I have ever had have been with gay friends of mine.

I am female and have gone out with gay female friends before...and it didn't bother me...why would it?That old chesnut, some of your best friends are gay, ho hum.:roll:

TBH
11-Feb-08, 03:17
Oh, well said :)
Funniest thing I ever saw was my ex husband in a gay club. He started off ok, but the more he drank the more paranoid he became! I think it's safe to say that the only person in the club that night who fancied him... was him!!! :lol:Did you tell him that you didn't fancy him either?

TBH
11-Feb-08, 03:23
Percy (excellent name for this thread btw)! What a wag you are!

If you mean that 95% of people you encounter agree with you, then perhaps you only mix with consensuals.

Daily Wail readers, I mean.

Or you talk to yourself a lot. It must be lonely sometimes in your truck? Nothing ambiguous about percy's post, pretty straight forward.

TBH
11-Feb-08, 03:28
In fact, I have more problems with the unreconstructed male who thinks a woman's place is doing housework, bearing children and obeying their ordersWhich is why you are an advocate of sharia law in Britain?:roll:

hotrod4
11-Feb-08, 08:39
If someone wants to "bat for the other team" then that is there business.
As long as they dont try to force their views or habits in front of me then I dont have a problem. I wouldnt dream of getting jiggy with the missus in peoples faces so as long as they dont do that in front of me then thats fine.
IMO it isnt right what they do but thats just me, after all we live in a free society so its a case of "live and let live" but I dont have to agree with them.

helenwyler
11-Feb-08, 09:28

Nothing ambiguous about percy's post, pretty straight forward.

I didn't say in his post TBH, I said in the quoted sentence. Do keep up!;)

badger
11-Feb-08, 11:02
I cannot believe that people are still talking about being homosexual as if it's a matter of choice - it's not. They are born like that and, much as many would like to change, they can't. I know many who have tried - had treatment, married, had children - nothing makes any difference and in the end they have to accept the way they are. For some this means finding love in the only way that is natural for them. For others sadly, because of the intolerance of their families or the country they live in, they have to appear to conform and are never able to have the kind of relationship they would like.

I feel very sorry for any children up here who realise they are gay but would feel obliged to hide it as long as possible if they didn't want to be vilified. I knew a student once who realised in his teens that he was gay and was very afraid of telling his parents. He came from a large, loving, Christian family and all his siblings were "straight". Fortunately his parents did truly love him and, after I had advised him to tell them, he did and everything was fine. I wonder how those on here who have children would react in similar circumstances? Don't think it couldn't happen to you because you're so macho - it could.

Children are born with many gender variations, even being wrongly identified at birth, operated on to steer them in one direction, only to find later that the wrong choice has been made. Being born homosexual is just one of these variations.

I don't particuarly like watching people of any sex or inclination doing things in public which should be done in private but it's no worse between two men (or women) than between a man and a woman.

Sapphire2803
11-Feb-08, 13:50
Did you tell him that you didn't fancy him either?

I think moving out a couple of weeks later and starting divorce proceedings may have dropped the hint quite nicely. ;)

Julia
11-Feb-08, 14:10
Yay for Gay!

I think a lot of heterosexual men could learn from gay men, most gay men can look after themselves, cook, clean and have great sense of style as well as being well manicured. Obviously a hetero men can do these things as well but not in my experience... the majority of men I've known don't even know what an iron is for let alone use one!

percy toboggan
11-Feb-08, 17:02
I cannot believe that people are still talking about being homosexual as if it's a matter of choice - it's not. They are born like that and, much as many would like to change, they can't..

You are ever so emphatic badger, not to mention quite wrong.
Nobody with a brain would deny homosexuality is natural...of course many are born 'that way' It is thankfully not 'normal' though otherwise the human race would not flourish.
Nurture can change or affect a persons sexuality is some cases and in even fewer cases homosexuality is a lifestyle 'choice'

I have no problem at all with any of these groups living the life they were born with, or they were nutured into, or have chosen by choice. I just wish they'd be discreet about it and get on with it. Rather than expecting, or requiring endorsement or 'understanding' from the rest of us.

The 'boozebuglar' thing was an attempt to inject a little humour amongst the po faced.

It's also somewhat anomalous that apologists for dogmatic religions will also speak out for tolerance of homosexuality ... we all know the two are mutually exclusive so there will be tough choices down the line for terminally liberal.

scotsboy
11-Feb-08, 19:11
Yay for Gay!

I think a lot of heterosexual men could learn from gay men, most gay men can look after themselves, cook, clean and have great sense of style as well as being well manicured. Obviously a hetero men can do these things as well but not in my experience... the majority of men I've known don't even know what an iron is for let alone use one!

I would say that is more to do with upbringing and conditioning Julia - people who have gone through the forces/Merchant Navy for instance are far more adept at "looking after themselves".

George Brims
11-Feb-08, 19:57
What confuses me about this thread is why we are discussing a video of Arsenio Hall's show, which has not been on TV since 1994.

Oddquine
11-Feb-08, 20:12
Which is why you are an advocate of sharia law in Britain?:roll:

And what does that have to do with anything, TBH? What has Sharia law to do with ignorant white pigs?

By the way, get your facts right................. I don't advocate Sharia law in Britain.........I advocate legally recognised Islamic Councils for Muslims. dealing with civil matters........... as there are legally recognised councils for Jews.

mccaugm
11-Feb-08, 22:38
That old chesnut, some of your best friends are gay, ho hum.:roll:

I never said that, if you read the post correctly. I am just puzzled by blokes that assume that gay men will always fancy them. Like I said thats pure arrogance.[evil]

TBH
11-Feb-08, 23:44
What confuses me about this thread is why we are discussing a video of Arsenio Hall's show, which has not been on TV since 1994.The thread is here because I decided to post it.:roll: It shows how one man fought his corner against being labelled a homophobe. It is as relevant today as it was in '94

And what does that have to do with anything, TBH? What has Sharia law to do with ignorant white pigs?

By the way, get your facts right................. I don't advocate Sharia law in Britain.........I advocate legally recognised Islamic Councils for Muslims. dealing with civil matters........... as there are legally recognised councils for Jews.Are you racist against white pigs Oddquine?
Sharia law in even it's mildest form shows a distinct disregard for womens rights. Legally recognised islamic councils are still going to be mysoginistic, that is their way of dealing with women. A womans evidence in a court is worth half that of a mans. Nice set of values they have eh?

TBH
11-Feb-08, 23:47
I never said that, if you read the post correctly. I am just puzzled by blokes that assume that gay men will always fancy them. Like I said thats pure arrogance.[evil]You get predatory homosexuals the same as you get predatory heterosexuals. Once those beer goggles are on they probably see nothing wrong in lowering their 'standards'.

karia
11-Feb-08, 23:54
You get predatory homosexuals the same as you get predatory heterosexuals. Once those beer goggles are on they probably see nothing wrong in lowering their 'standards'.

As ever.............you speak only for yourself!;)

TBH
12-Feb-08, 00:03
As ever.............you speak only for yourself!;)As someone much 'wiser' said, "please elucidate"?

karia
12-Feb-08, 00:22
I am never so significantly influenced by booze that my sexuality or ability to relate to anyone is altered or compromised...so I don't get the 'beer goggles' excuse..
.............but hey ho.. If it works for you and she buys it!;)

TBH
12-Feb-08, 00:26
I am never so significantly influenced by booze that my sexuality or ability to relate to anyone is altered or compromised...so I don't get the 'beer goggles' excuse..
.............but hey ho.. If it works for you and she buys it!;)Poor innocent child. How often have you heard of a man or woman that has tried it on with or went home with someone who fell out of the ugly tree? You must have lived a very sheltered life. Not me though, My standards never drop but she is welcome to buy it, as long as it's the beer[lol]

karia
12-Feb-08, 00:37
You must have lived a very sheltered life. Not me though, My standards never drop

They don't soar much either!;)

TBH
12-Feb-08, 00:39
They don't soar much either!;)I am quite taken by you Karia so I guess you could be right there.;)

Sapphire2803
12-Feb-08, 01:16
I am quite taken by you Karia so I guess you could be right there.;)

Ooh! Flippin Eck!

MIAOW!!

Would you like a saucer of milk to accompany that remark? ;)

Oddquine
12-Feb-08, 01:21
The thread is here because I decided to post it.:roll: It shows how one man fought his corner against being labelled a homophobe. It is as relevant today as it was in '94

Are you racist against white pigs Oddquine?
Sharia law in even it's mildest form shows a distinct disregard for womens rights. Legally recognised islamic councils are still going to be mysoginistic, that is their way of dealing with women. A womans evidence in a court is worth half that of a mans. Nice set of values they have eh?

Nope..I can't be because I'm white.

I guess I could be racist against Gloucester Old Spots or Tamworths...but frankly I've found they are much less male chauvinist piggish than some men!

I don't agree with the values of an Islamic court, TBH.....but then I don't agree with the values of a Jewish one either. I don't have a problem with either because I can't choose to have anything at all to do with them...being neither Muslim or Jewish.

I am not in favour of ANY religious aspect to UK laws. I think that, given that the C of E is only the majority religion in England, it should not be the favoured UK religion.

I am of the opinion that we should have a purely secular county........but until we have, we should not favour any one religion above the others.

George Brims
12-Feb-08, 18:30
The thread is here because I decided to post it.:roll: It shows how one man fought his corner against being labelled a homophobe. It is as relevant today as it was in '94

Ironically there have been a lot of rumours about Arsenio's own sexual orientation, though given the way he stomped on those dweebs from Queer Nation, it's possible they originated with them.

TBH
12-Feb-08, 22:56
Ironically there have been a lot of rumours about Arsenio's own sexual orientation, though given the way he stomped on those dweebs from Queer Nation, it's possible they originated with them.I haven't heard the rumours but you are probably right in that they started after his run-in with these queer nation bampots.

karia
12-Feb-08, 23:51
Ironically there have been a lot of rumours about Arsenio's own sexual orientation, though given the way he stomped on those dweebs from Queer Nation, it's possible they originated with them.

I haven't heard the rumours but you are probably right in that they started after his run-in with these queer nation bampots.

Dweebs?, Bampots?..I applaud you for taking a a cool and intellectual approach to the subject.;)

TBH
12-Feb-08, 23:58
Dweebs?, Bampots?..I applaud you for taking a a cool and intellectual approach to the subject.;)Look Karia, the guys made complete idiots of themselves, they got what they deserved. If they were heterosexual they would still be idiots. They wrongly accused this man of homophobia to suit their own agenda. They are idiots, bampots, dweebs, whatever they are not compos mentis.

karia
13-Feb-08, 00:12
Look Karia, the guys made complete idiots of themselves, they got what they deserved. If they were heterosexual they would still be idiots. They wrongly accused this man of homophobia to suit their own agenda. They are idiots, bampots, dweebs, whatever they are not compos mentis.

'They' may be many things..however

I can only repeat my congratulations on your detached and argument based response.:D