PDA

View Full Version : CHILD TAX CREDITS

2little2late
30-Apr-03, 23:21
IS ANYONE HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO THE CHILD TAX CREDIT HELPLINE? I FILLED IN THE NEW APPLICATION FORM THEY SENT ME. (AS MY WFTC WAS DUE TO FINISH ON 7TH APRIL) I DID THIS IN JANUARY. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING SINCE. I HAVE NOW STARTED WORK AGAIN AND HAVE BEEN 'PHONING SINCE 31ST MARCH. I CANNOT GET A REPLY. ALL I GET IS THE ENGAGED TONE. I HAVE EVEN BEEN ONLINE AND FILLED OUT A FORM. I WAS GIVEN A REFERENCE NUMBER AND WAS TOLD I WOULD BE CONTACTED. STILL NO REPLY. I TRY EVERY DAY AND NIGHT, BUT, ALL I GET IS THE ENGAGED SIGNAL. THE CARRY ON IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. WHY THE GOVERNMENT HAD TO CHANGE IT IS BEYOND ME. IT WAS THEY WHO INTRODUCED WFTC ONLY TWO YEARS AGO. I KNOW THE NEW CHILD TAX CREDITS GETS BACK DATED FROM THE DATE YOU START WORK BUT IT'S NOT MUCH HELP AT THE MOMENT AS I NEED THE MONEY RIGHT AWAY. IF THE HELPLINES ARE BUSY THEN WHY DON'T THEY STAY OPEN LONGER AND EMPLOY MORE STAFF TO CLEAR THE BACKLOG? I AM GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED NOW, IT'S ABOUT TIME THE GOVERNMENT PULLED THEIR FINGERS OUT AND SORTED THE PROBLEM. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Angel Of Death
01-May-03, 11:03
it was on the telly this morning something about a major backlog in the system something was said about over 2 million calls a day and they just cant cope we it they also said that people who applied before april would be getting theres sorted for next week i think didnt catch it all but it was on gmtv so i would imagine it would be on there website as well

gm.tv

lydia.bain
02-May-03, 00:46
i filled in the form contacted them etc online and had no probs at all have you tried that?

champagnebaby
02-May-03, 22:49
I know about 4 ppl who are having the same problem and it's leaving them really skint - some labour government eh?!?!?!?!

hotrod4
03-May-03, 21:58
why not go to your local tax office?
I did and they gave me a cheque for 5 weeks worth of money!!!!!!!
They were very helpful unlike the "helpline" which is manned by foreigners! :D

denise
04-May-03, 20:26
:roll: like many other people i can't get through to the helpline, managed to get through to an inland revenue number but was told that they couldn't help as they have had no training on it. I saw a new number on trouble today but wasn't fast enough to write it down. Iam going to my local tax office as a few people have told me that they CAN help.