PDA

View Full Version : Black Lab in Argyle Square area...

Hibeechick
09-Feb-08, 22:29
Just a small warning to anyone out walking their dogs tonight or just out walking themselves.

Mum was out walking her dog earlier this evening when a black lab came through the square on its own, no collar or anything, and went straight up to her dog and attacked it for no reason! She was just out with him for a wee wander.

He has taken a chunk out of his ear and the poor thing is so shaken up he is trembling with fear. There is blood every where through the house and is still bleeding :(

We called the police to report it, as it could have been a child that was bit.

Mum did enough to discourage the black dog and it wandered off down Dempster Street.

Just wanted to let you know to be aware incase any one see's it and goes to approach it.

Mr P Cannop
09-Feb-08, 22:56
thats shocking

justine
09-Feb-08, 23:54
Hope the dog is fine...I also hope that you find out who the owner is and i would get in contact with the dog warden and sspca..They may be able to go on the look out for it...Good luck and i hope you mum aint to shocked by this.That must have terrible for her and the dog alike...

Hibeechick
18-Feb-08, 10:04
Just to let you all know that there has been another dog attacked. Again by a black lab, cant confirm it was the same lab, but id guess its very likely. So just a warning to anyone that see's a black lab wandering around on its own to NOT APPROACH it. It was dogs this time but it could be a child the next time :(

justine
18-Feb-08, 10:44
Just to let you all know that there has been another dog attacked. Again by a black lab, cant confirm it was the same lab, but id guess its very likely. So just a warning to anyone that see's a black lab wandering around on its own to NOT APPROACH it. It was dogs this time but it could be a child the next time :(

Well maybe you should be contacting the police or the dog warden instead of just warning us all agin.If this dog is such a problem then i know i would be cantacting someone,like you said it could be a child....I know that you are just trying to help us by this warning but it is not helping anyone if you are just going to let it carry on and not do something about it.....

Please contact someone about this as the next one to get bit might not be able to fight back[disgust]

Hibeechick
18-Feb-08, 11:56
We already have Justine. Was the first thing we did after mums dog got attacked.

justine
18-Feb-08, 12:25
We already have Justine. Was the first thing we did after mums dog got attacked.
And i take they have not done anything about this, which i find shocking..I would have thought that the dog warden would have tried to atleast find the dog or its owners......

grandma
18-Feb-08, 13:16
And i take they have not done anything about this, which i find shocking..I would have thought that the dog warden would have tried to atleast find the dog or its owners......
Justine, you don't know that they haven't tried. A lot of folk just let their dogs out the door to do their business and then they are back inside all day so it wouldn't matter how many times the dog warden went round Argyle Square, they wouldn't find it.

Thanks Hibeechick for letting us know about it. Have passed this on to my sister who walks her dog in Argyle Square every day.

justine
18-Feb-08, 16:15
Justine, you don't know that they haven't tried. A lot of folk just let their dogs out the door to do their business and then they are back inside all day so it wouldn't matter how many times the dog warden went round Argyle Square, they wouldn't find it.

Thanks Hibeechick for letting us know about it. Have passed this on to my sister who walks her dog in Argyle Square every day.

I dont doubt that but if this dog is vicious then they should be knockning on doors to find out who it belongs to..It could seriously hurt a child if it wanted..I know my dog escaped one night over the wall and we informed the police straight away.He is so big i was worried if people would think he was a nasty dog,which of course he is not.They got a description of him and we got him back.I am not having a go at hibeechick for not doing more but it seems she keeps seeing it..I assume that the dog has no collar..I would be nagging at the dog warden and police as i would not want the fact that if a child got savaged by it and nothing had been done, i would not live with myself..

hibeechick, i appologise if you think i have been out of place with this, but i know how easy it is for someone to be bitten by a dog, no matter how friendly it seems..I have been bitten by friendly dogs,so i imagine what it must be like for your mum and all the other sensible dog owners...

Hibeechick
18-Feb-08, 16:52
I havent seen it at all. It was mum that was with the dog when it happened and we only heard about the other attack from a fellow dog owner so there is not much more that we can do. We have reported it when it happened to mum. We cant report any other incidents as we have no information on them. That surely is up to the other owners.

Justine I do not think that you have been out of place, but we have reported what happened to mum and apart from letting others know about the dog, we personally can't do anything else.

percy toboggan
18-Feb-08, 17:06
Black labs can go quackers now and again...stick with this shortish clip 'til towards the end... to see one going for a duck !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v6ylkzh0M

p.s. hope your Mum's dog is okay.

sphinx
18-Feb-08, 17:19
hope the wee dog is ok.....

Hibeechick
18-Feb-08, 17:33
Thanks guys!

Yeah he's fine. His ear is healing up nicely too.

sids
18-Feb-08, 17:59
Let's not jump off at the deep end. A dog biting another dog has nothing to do with children.

Ash
18-Feb-08, 18:13
Let's not jump off at the deep end. A dog biting another dog has nothing to do with children.

if a dog can bite another animal for no reason, the dog could easily bite a child!

sids
18-Feb-08, 18:21
if a dog can bite another animal for no reason, the dog could easily bite a child!

Dogs don't really apply reason to their behaviour. Most pet dogs would not normally bite a child. Almost all dogs will fight other dogs.

Ash
18-Feb-08, 18:33
totally disagree we had a shetland collie, he was tied up outside a shop and was attacked badly, second time he was on the beach, not all dogs fight back, no dog should be allowed to wander the streets without an owner, dogs DO AND CAN attack kids

sids
18-Feb-08, 18:41
totally disagree we had a shetland collie, he was tied up outside a shop and was attacked badly, second time he was on the beach, not all dogs fight back, no dog should be allowed to wander the streets without an owner, dogs DO AND CAN attack kids

Not sure what you're claiming to disagree with. Your collie came off worse in a fight with another dog. Sorry- two fights (what a loser!).

Some dogs sometimes bite children.

floyed
18-Feb-08, 18:55
I agree that you cant say that a dog will bite a child because it bites another animal. But i also agree with Ash i would not like my son around a dog that bites another dog just encase it do go for my child.

justine
18-Feb-08, 19:04

And then can you explain this...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080215/tuk-girl-s-face-savaged-by-bull-terrier-45dbed5_1.html

Ash
18-Feb-08, 19:09
Not sure what you're claiming to disagree with. Your collie came off worse in a fight with another dog. Sorry- two fights (what a loser!).

Some dogs sometimes bite children.

my dog wasnt fighting he was attacked for no reason

i dont find your what a loser funny, [disgust]

Margaret M.
18-Feb-08, 20:00
(what a loser!).

Pot meet kettle. An aggressive dog's behaviour is totally unpredictable.

carasmam
18-Feb-08, 20:47
Hibeechick has posted a wee warning and told the relevant authorities, what more can she do, as she said the other people have to report any other attacks as she didn't witness them. Why has this descended into a rabble:confused:

floyed
18-Feb-08, 20:54
I think Sids was out of order[disgust]

sids
18-Feb-08, 21:25
And then can you explain this...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080215/tuk-girl-s-face-savaged-by-bull-terrier-45dbed5_1.html

Yes. An unfortunate child was injured by a dangerous dog.

sids
18-Feb-08, 21:28
my dog wasnt fighting he was attacked for no reason

i dont find your what a loser funny, [disgust]

The loser thing was rather a bad joke- sorry!

Dogs don't need "reasons" to attack other dogs. Do you know anything about animals?

sids
18-Feb-08, 21:30
Pot meet kettle.

Is it cos I is black?

Hibeechick
19-Feb-08, 10:43
Ok all I wanted to do was warn people about the dog. It has turned into a completely different matter with people slagging other people and other peoples dogs!

It's beyond belief how some people can turn threads like this! So i am locking the thread.