PDA

View Full Version : I've lost my shadow.

porshiepoo
09-Feb-08, 22:27
I lost my Dane today. :~( He was playing outside and appears to have just had a heart attack and dropped where he was, we must have been 5 minutes behind him out the door and just missed him.
Of all the dogs we've owned and lost, for me this one is by far the hardest to deal with. He was but 3 days shy of his 5th birthday.
He's been my shadow, my friend and we've travelled many miles together sleeping in the van to go to dog shows and was my first shot at Crufts. I'm going to miss his slobber, sleeping on the bed with me, cuddling up to me on a tiny two seater settee, but most of all I'll miss my shadow. He followed me everywhere. Life inside and out just won't ever be the same again.

Nite nite Woo Woo, sleep tight underneath the Willow tree, say hi to Porsha & Eevie at Rainbow Bridge. I'll meet you again soon.

xxxx Mummy

unicorn
09-Feb-08, 22:28
oh no porshie that is absolutely awful. Your heart must be breaking :~(

cuddlepop
09-Feb-08, 22:51
Oh Porshie,i'm so very sorry for your sad loss.

Nothing I can say will make the pain go away,so have a good "greet" and here's a big hug from over the sea of Skye.:~(

mandy&baz
09-Feb-08, 22:57
Thats so sad......its hard when u loose a pet, they aint just a pet they are family :~(

Phoenix200416
09-Feb-08, 23:02
Oh No! :(

Thats awful! I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss! I know right now that it won't feel much of a comfort, but at least it was quick and without suffering.

I'm sure he will wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge with Porsha and Eevie...

:~(

justine
09-Feb-08, 23:59
AM VERY SORRY ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR DOG.That must be terrible...My thoughts with you and the family..

carasmam
10-Feb-08, 00:10
Thinking of you porshiepoo. So so sad :~(

hell raizer
10-Feb-08, 00:13
so sorry to hear about your loss :~(

lady penelope
10-Feb-08, 00:14
So sorry for your loss. That's so sad.:~(

wifie
10-Feb-08, 00:48
Aaaw porshiepoo - that is so sad! I am very sorry for you!

Sapphire2803
10-Feb-08, 02:23
Oh Porshie that's awful, I don't know what to say. So I'll send you a hug instead.

Take care

brandy
10-Feb-08, 08:58
deepest sympathies hun, at least he didnt suffer. but it is so tragic and so young as well!

lisbit
10-Feb-08, 11:29
My deepest sympathy to you. He obviously was one in a million. Think of him running free over rainbow bridge xx

Foxy
10-Feb-08, 13:12
Thinking of you Porshiepoo at this sad time. :~(

Liz
10-Feb-08, 13:18
Oh Porshie I am so, so sorry for your loss.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet and my heart goes out to you.

I am sure he will have met up with Porsha and Eevie by now and that you will meet again.

Sending a big hug to you!

dragonfly
10-Feb-08, 13:28
oh Porshie (((((((hugs)))))))) how sad :~( :~(

paris
10-Feb-08, 14:36
Just got your email Poo. Im so so sorry, i know how much Woo woos ment to you. At least he didnt suffer and it was quick. He has died doing the thing he loved most....Charging about, playing with the others and with you around. Feel very sad for you all and will be thinking of you ,:(:( jan x

nanoo
10-Feb-08, 14:36
I lost my Dane today. :~( He was playing outside and appears to have just had a heart attack and dropped where he was, we must have been 5 minutes behind him out the door and just missed him.
Of all the dogs we've owned and lost, for me this one is by far the hardest to deal with. He was but 3 days shy of his 5th birthday.
He's been my shadow, my friend and we've travelled many miles together sleeping in the van to go to dog shows and was my first shot at Crufts. I'm going to miss his slobber, sleeping on the bed with me, cuddling up to me on a tiny two seater settee, but most of all I'll miss my shadow. He followed me everywhere. Life inside and out just won't ever be the same again.

Nite nite Woo Woo, sleep tight underneath the Willow tree, say hi to Porsha & Eevie at Rainbow Bridge. I'll meet you again soon.

xxxx Mummy
Awww Porshiepoo, I was so sorry to read this post today and my heartfelt wishes go to you and the rest of your family at this time. I know only to well what it is like to lose a much loved member of the family. Look after yourself and remember, you will all meet again some day on Rainbow Bridge or the beautiful huge golden cornfield just beyond. Bless all of you. :~(

Mother Bear
10-Feb-08, 15:57
So sorry to hear about your dane......what a great shock that must have been for you all. It must be so strange without him around the place....you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Shabbychic
10-Feb-08, 16:24
So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my 12 year old Border Collie Meg in the exact same way two weeks ago today. She was walking up the hall in front of me and just went down. No warning or anything.

Although I also have a Sheltie, my house is so quiet now as she had been such a big character in our life for so long. At least I know she didn't suffer and was active and happy right to the end.

nanoo
10-Feb-08, 18:06
So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my 12 year old Border Collie Meg in the exact same way two weeks ago today. She was walking up the hall in front of me and just went down. No warning or anything.

Although I also have a Sheltie, my house is so quiet now as she had been such a big character in our life for so long. At least I know she didn't suffer and was active and happy right to the end.
Ohhhhh Shabbychick, i'm sorry to hear about Meg too, one of the dogs i lost was a border Collie called Glen, he was 15 years old and i miss him yet. He passed away in 2000. I'm sure you have many happy memories of Meg and just hold on to that and it will see you through this very sad time. Blessings to all in the family.:~(

Liz
10-Feb-08, 18:30

My heartfelt sympathy to you on your loss.

I know it is so awful when it is so sudden but also good that they didn't suffer.

Your house is quiet with a Sheltie?!!!:eek:

twiglet
10-Feb-08, 18:40
Sorry to hear about your pet/companion. Dane's do get heart probs but still distressing for you.

Julia
10-Feb-08, 19:04
I'm really sorry to hear your news, thinking of you!

MISS K
10-Feb-08, 19:57
How absolutely awful for you, you have summed it up so well about them being your shadow, its nearly 7 months now for me since i lost jake and i am still crying over it, when they are so young and its not expected it makes it so much harder to comes to terms with, but it shows just how much we loved them, Jake will be keeping him company too.

binbob
12-Feb-08, 11:15
so very sorry to read of ur loss.as others have said ,think of ur boy running over the rainbow bridge.
having lost 4 of my cockers in 22 months ,i really do know how u are feeling.take care..

teenybash
12-Feb-08, 11:47
So sorry............... you will miss his cuddles:~(

jean
12-Feb-08, 20:34
Im so so sorry.