PDA

View Full Version : Hibernation -- would you?

DrSzin
23-Oct-05, 16:39
It's yet another dull, dismal, wet, autumn day in the land of Szzzzzin. Anyone else feel like hibernating? Imagine curling up on the couch with a pile of pillows and a horde of chocolate-coated hazelnuts, and not waking up until the warm spring sunshine comes around again sometime in March. :D

This was going to be a poll, with question "Would you like to hibernate?", but I saw (partial) sense at the last moment...

EDDIE
23-Oct-05, 16:53
I wouldn't want to hibernate like an animal thats a waste of life But if they ever developed
a machine that could freeze you and you could wake up again in say in another 3 to 4 thousands years and you would be ok and hadnt aged phisically i would do it

motopitcrew
23-Oct-05, 18:51
wouldent do much good the weather is the same all year round in these parts

DrSzin
23-Oct-05, 19:33
I wouldn't want to hibernate like an animal thats a waste of life
I read your response and realised you were 100% right, so I went out for a run in the dark & drizzle instead. And now it feels like it's Spring already. :D

But if they ever developed a machine that could freeze you and you could wake up again in say in another 3 to 4 thousands years and you would be ok and hadnt aged phisically i would do it
Interesting. At this moment, I'm not sure I would do it. Barring accidents, the pace of technological change will continue to increase, so you'd wake up in a world that's totally alien and you'd be completely and utterly lost. On the other hand, I guess that's what makes it interesting. Most of today's science & technology problems will have long since been solved, but I'm sure they'll have been replaced by some pretty formidable successors. Just how will we be able to commute to Andromeda when all the dark matter in our galaxy has been used up, and galactic warming has led to a pandemic of Great Bear flu?

golach
23-Oct-05, 19:52
Of course I am!!!!!!.......Ooops I thought you said HIBERNIAN
:p

DrSzin
24-Oct-05, 12:38
Lol Golach, nice one. ;)

Btw I hear there's a job vacancy with a big office in Gorgie Road and your name came up in conversation in the Diggers last night. It seems they're interested in an OAP, but they want a man in his 70s, so I told them you were much too young and much too green. It seems they were also confusing hibernation with hibeenation.

Fine day here, eh? If it carries on rainin' like 'is I'll be needin' a wee boatee til get home e night.

Rheghead
24-Oct-05, 16:14
Of course I am!!!!!!.......Ooops I thought you said HIBERNIAN
:p

A name well deserved, as they can be pretty much asleep on the footy pitch... :)

Kenn
24-Oct-05, 22:23
No chance I might miss some thing !

Jeid
24-Oct-05, 22:57
hell yeah, we had this conversation at work one night. as long as i packed myself full of nuts n stuff. and as long as i woke up before my phone bill came in(cos i wouldn't want to wake up and my phone would be cut off) then i'd do it.

yey for hibernation

sassylass
25-Oct-05, 01:44
After a day like today, hibernation sounds FAB.

Imagine... working a couple months with the kiddies at school, then hibernating on the sofa with a cup o tea and some good books until March, then going back til June to finish out the school year, then HOME for the summer....divine! :cool:

Sporran
02-Nov-05, 07:47
I think life's too short for us to hibernate over the cold months. Besides which, it would mean missing Christmas and Hogmanay, and I for one wouldn't want to miss either!