PDA

View Full Version : what are your opinions of tattoos?

quiteone
09-Feb-08, 00:43
just curious to know peoples opinions of what they think of tattoos?? love em or hate em ??

TBH
09-Feb-08, 00:46
I do not see any harm in them except for the fact that they may look good on a woman in the prime of her life but look silly when she is in her dotage.

George Brims
09-Feb-08, 00:52
Aye that "slut patch" across the lower back is going to look just grand when the cellulite starts to slip downhill...

DeHaviLand
09-Feb-08, 00:59
Aye that "slut patch" across the lower back is going to look just grand when the cellulite starts to slip downhill...

Oh oh, think its time to duck:eek:

Maybe your 1000th post will be an apology?

Kenn
09-Feb-08, 01:01
They look great on Maoris but otherwise they look a trifle silly.

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 01:02

Heheheh, what a picture that put in my head :eek:

In answer to the original question, I do love tattoos, if they're well done for a start. Also, in my opinion, women just look wrong with huge tattoos, for instance those big football supporter tattos on people's calves, they look ok on a man, but on a woman it's just wrong.
I have three tattoos, a small one on each arm which I can easily cover up if needs be and an even smaller one on my hip, which almost nobody ever sees.
To be honest though I got the 1st when I was about 20, it had my bf of the time's name on it. After I got married (1st time) my husband nagged until I went and got the name covered, at the same time I got the 2nd which was his name on the other arm. When we broke up, I got that covered and I now have my current husband's name on my hip.
So.... I'm like a log book for a 1995 fiesta.... 2 previous owners :lol:

TBH
09-Feb-08, 01:06
Heheheh, what a picture that put in my head

In answer to the original question, I do love tattoos, if they're well done for a start. Also, in my opinion, women just look wrong with huge tattoos, for instance those big football supporter tattos on people's calves, they look ok on a man, but on a woman it's just wrong.
I have three tattoos, a small one on each arm which I can easily cover up if needs be and an even smaller one on my hip, which almost nobody ever sees.
To be honest though I got the 1st when I was about 20, it had my bf of the time's name on it. After I got married (1st time) my husband nagged until I went and got the name covered, at the same time I got the 2nd which was his name on the other arm. When we broke up, I got that covered and I now have my current husband's name on my hip.
So.... I'm like a log book for a 1995 fiesta.... 2 previous owners :lol:Boot yur current man got yur hip, all's well.;)

Julia
09-Feb-08, 01:10

Slut patch! Never heard that before, I just had to google that one, it's included in the urban dictionary, the definition is...

'Tattoo found on the belt line of female, either in front above the groin or behind above the bum. Usually only partly visible when the mid section is uncovered'.

What about someone who has a muffin top and a slut patch combined, is that called a muffin patch or a slut top? [lol]

Julia
09-Feb-08, 01:13
Anyhoo, back to the original question, I do like tattoos too [lol] I have four and having a another one next week.

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 01:16
Slut patch! Never heard that before, I just had to google that one, it's included in the urban dictionary, the definition is...

'Tattoo found on the belt line of female, either in front above the groin or behind above the bum. Usually only partly visible when the mid section is uncovered'.

What about someone who has a muffin top and a slut patch combined, is that called a muffin patch or a slut top? [lol]

Lol, tea everywhere when I read that!
On the subject of tattoos, I once knew a girl who had 'sweet' tattooed on one boob and 'sour' on the other :roll:

Buttercup
09-Feb-08, 01:17
Each to their own, but I hate them especially on women. It seems to be becoming a trend to see a lovely bride in a beautiful white dress and then your eyes are drawn to the tattoo ~ it just doesn't look right somehow. But then again, I guess I just have old fashioned ideas.:roll:

Julia
09-Feb-08, 01:21
It seems to be becoming a trend to see a lovely bride in a beautiful white dress and then your eyes are drawn to the tattoo ~ it just doesn't look right somehow. But then again, I guess I just have old fashioned ideas.:roll:

I've got to agree with you there, it's not a nice sight IMHO. My tats are all covered up apart from one on my wrist which can be covered with a watch, personally I don't like tats on women's arms but they look great on guys!

Buttercup
09-Feb-08, 01:24
Lol, tea everywhere when I read that!
On the subject of tattoos, I once knew a girl who had 'sweet' tattooed on one boob and 'sour' on the other :roll:

Between George's "Slut Patch" and Julia's "Muffin Top" I'm with you there Sapphire ~ only in my case it's red wine stain on a white top! [lol]

Jeid
09-Feb-08, 01:29
Slut patch... also known as a skank badge or a tramp stamp. They are horrible.

I like tattoos though. As long as the artwork is good, they'll always look good.

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 01:33
I thought a tramp stamp was a really big ring.

Julia
09-Feb-08, 01:34

I like tattoos though. As long as the artwork is good, they'll always look good.

I've never heard of these before, it's put me off stamping my rump that's for sure! [lol]

Buttercup
09-Feb-08, 01:35

Well they say you learn something new everyday, but I'm getting too much homework here:
slut patch
muffin top
shank badge
tramp stamp
That's it time to stop or I'll never get wine stains out![lol]

lazytown
09-Feb-08, 01:38
Not into tattoos.

Although I don't mind them on someone else (have actually designed tats for others) but I wouldn't have one...I have enough scars on me without adding tattoos as well:lol:

Jeid
09-Feb-08, 01:41
I've never heard of these before, it's put me off stamping my rump that's for sure! [lol]

It's a bottom of the back thing. Mixed with a thong sticking out the top of a girls trousers... it just screams "I'm classy" http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cop.gif

bluelady
09-Feb-08, 01:50
Small dainty ones, or a tastefully done one on a woman look ok, but some of them look horrid.

Moi x
09-Feb-08, 03:06
No way José. Especially if one wants to make one's way amongst the professional or chattering classes.

Aaldtimer
09-Feb-08, 04:13
Some I like, some I don't. I don't have any myself, but this is from another Forum by a very clued up Lady who is a bio-chemist of some standing:-

"I'm not too concerned with the aesthetics of tattoos, it's the health risks which worry me...a tattoo is little more than a sterile needle injecting an unsterile metal oxide pigment under the skin...and, in my view, a nasty trick to play on an immune system. Putting a non-native substance into the body triggers an immune response...in rare cases it can trigger an _auto_immune response and then look out...autoimmune responses can't be turned off and they don't go away.

Moreover, most people don't know what questions to ask, such as "What carrier solution do you use for the ink?" Some of the "artists" use ethylene glycol or aldehydes instead of glycerin because the former spreads the ink better. The problem is that those substances...which are toxic/hazardous enough in and of themselves... when combined with the topical alcohol used to sterilise the skin, become synergistic biochemical promoters which can cause cellular mutation in tissues _other_ than the tattoo site.

Additionally, while the needles can be heat sterilised, the pigments themselves _can't_ be owing to their composition...Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Lead, and Mercury are still used in some places and they can be seriously nasty customers...you don't need to be a chemist to know injecting any of them into the body (even subcutaneously) is probably not the most health conscious thing one can do.

People seem to think hepatitis or HIV are the primary risks in tattooing...they're not by a long chalk, they're merely the ones people understand easily...the _real_ danger lies in the less well-known biochemical, physiological risks. Every successful tattoo is a biochemical bullet dodged and every unsuccessful one is life forever changed. In my eyes, it's just not worth it."

'nuff said!

cullbucket
09-Feb-08, 06:37

Also known as a Slag Tag...

emszxr
09-Feb-08, 07:45
love them. i have 7 and looking at getting another 3 or 4 in future

brandy
09-Feb-08, 09:32
this is the one my God-sister and I got after my God moter passed.. the boys all got large versions of the cross on their arms or backs. we did it as a family thing for a memorial to our mum.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/america05176.jpg

Ricco
09-Feb-08, 09:57
Dpends on the tat' and the position. I had always been rather neutral until I saw one I really liked - it now resides on my right shoulder! On a slightly less happy note - they do help identify a body.

BTW - what does it mean these days when people wear rings on their thumbs? In my youth they were 'gays'.

Mik.M.
09-Feb-08, 10:02

The Aussies call them Arse Antlers,v funny.

lady penelope
09-Feb-08, 11:29
I quite agree about women's tattoo's, they have to be tasteful. Men's tattoo's only look good if the man has big, developed biceps and the tattoo is on his upper arm.:cool: Wimpy, skinny men just don't suit them.

justine
09-Feb-08, 11:41
well i have to say that i love them.I have 27 all together and they go from my neck to my legs.I have sleeves up both arms..I intend to have more aswell..I am a woman and they are mainly skulls of all types that i have...

I see know reason why women should not have as many as they want done.It is a personal thing and should be enjoyed.I have been commented on and i just look them in the face and tell them If you dont like them dont look... Cant wait to have a full body suit done.Nearly there..l.

Tattoos are a highly personal thing and not really a thing for public discussion.I would rather have all of mine and not a tiny little taz or little ones of that nature.I believe if you are gonna get them then wear them with pride, dont hide them and be proud.I AM>>>>>>>>>

justine
09-Feb-08, 11:47
I quite agree about women's tattoo's, they have to be tasteful. Men's tattoo's only look good if the man has big, developed biceps and the tattoo is on his upper arm.:cool: Wimpy, skinny men just don't suit them.

That really depends on the woman looking.My hubby isnt a big man and has two tattoos and they suit him fine..

NickInTheNorth
09-Feb-08, 11:55
I guess each to there own, but personally I hate them, and cannot imagine why anyone would wish to disfigure themselves.

There is no way I would ever have one.

Ash
09-Feb-08, 11:58
i dont have a problem with them, but i would never got one, my OH has 3 but they look really good, on women it depends where u get it and wat it is, it can make women look quite masculine, with my wedding coming up i would definetely never get one

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 12:01
well i have to say that i love them.I have 27 all together and they go from my neck to my legs.I have sleeves up both arms..I intend to have more aswell..I am a woman and they are mainly skulls of all types that i have...

I see know reason why women should not have as many as they want done.It is a personal thing and should be enjoyed.I have been commented on and i just look them in the face and tell them If you dont like them dont look... Cant wait to have a full body suit done.Nearly there..l.

Tattoos are a highly personal thing and not really a thing for public discussion.I would rather have all of mine and not a tiny little taz or little ones of that nature.I believe if you are gonna get them then wear them with pride, dont hide them and be proud.I AM>>>>>>>>>

Well done you, I think there's a big difference between having a couple of tats and turning your body into a work of art though.
When you are REALLY into them it's a whole different ballgame. People don't tend to see you in the street and think 'Oh you've jumped on the bandwagon' and unfortunately there are a lot of girls out there who have done just that, they get whichever tattoo is most fashionable at the time, just because their friends all have it. A couple of years down the line, they're off trying to get them removed. I love my tattoos, but I always knew that not everyone would, hence I got them where I could cover them up easily.

They're a bit like clothes in a way, you have to browse for something that will suit you and that you're confident enough to wear in public.

pat
09-Feb-08, 12:04
Having seen many old tattoos on old men, they were usually ex forces, navy merchant navy or army - beautiful artworks when new, many had photos of when they were young and tattos newly done - when they are old they were always just a navy blue splodge.
Most of the men say they were done when in spirits or when abroad and missing family or because their mates were getting one done as a sign of passage that they were now a man, most regretted getting them done and if they had their time over would not have it done again.
I would not have any done due to what I have seen of old tattoos and the trouble trying to have them removed when you get tired of them or they are no longer appropriate! Temporary tattoos would be my line of approach.

henry20
09-Feb-08, 12:32
I have a slag tag/tramp stamp - whatever you want to call it. I also have 2 others.

I have never regretted them and waited 6 years to get my first one as I didn't want something I'd regret. My first was a rose (my middle name) the second is my birth sign logo and the 3rd (my slag tag) is a thistle as I am scottish and because my grandad had a thistle tattoo. He did regret his though as it covered his whole chest. Only my granny and step-granny ever saw it!

I want another 2, but will wait until I have something significant to do.

Personally I don't agree with name tattoo's unless its your childrens names, but each to their own.

When I was 16 I went out with a guy briefly who wanted my name tattoed under his rose tattoo, but I said no and dumped him soon after. (We were only together a few weeks)

I must admit that I don't like wedding photos with tattoo's on them - my tattoo was on show at my wedding, but I insisted that it wasn't in any photo's. Not that I don't like them, just they have no significance to the day. I've seen some photos where the tattoo is the main part of the photo. yeuch!

alanatkie
09-Feb-08, 12:44
Personally I don't agree with name tattoo's unless its your childrens names, but each to their own.

Totally agree.

I have 2. 1 is piglet on my back & the 2nd is on my leg, my hubby designed it for me,a scroll with my kids names with butterflys

carasmam
09-Feb-08, 13:19
[/I]What about someone who has a muffin top

What is a muffin top? Just in case I have one and dont know lol [para]

I have had my Ford badge nearly 11 years now and never regretted it once, but I can cover it up if I want to.

lassieinfife
09-Feb-08, 13:28
I just detest them well done or not......can just see all the biddys male and female lying incontinent in nursing homes and carers etc laughing at them[disgust]

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 13:33
What is a muffin top? Just in case I have one and dont know lol [para]

It's the fatty/flabby bit that overhangs a pair of trousers. Especially when shown off under a crop top! Quite often paired with a camel toe :lol:

carasmam
09-Feb-08, 13:37
It's the fatty/flabby bit that overhangs a pair of trousers. Especially when shown off under a crop top! Quite often paired with a camel toe :lol:

:eek: Not guilty of either o them lol First time I've heard of a muffin top though, it speaks for itself once you know.

orkneylass
09-Feb-08, 14:18
Tattoos? Revolting and a real social distinction.....

kriklah
09-Feb-08, 14:49
each to their own id say, while there is some stunning pictures available, and bodies looking like works of art, i personally wont get one,(more a pain thing than anything else.)

i have on my pc a cracking photo of a tattoo, (no idea who the body is) titled Puff the Magic Dragon, which sadly due to its nature i cannot post on here (too many young viewers and people who would be offended!) without going into too much detail, the tattoo consists of a beautifully drawn dragon, with a pierced stud for the eye, this tattoo is on a man, so ill leave the rest to the imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

justine
09-Feb-08, 14:49

Why is it a social distinction,are you trying to say that people who have tattoos are of a lower standard or personality.or what...I dont understand your words.I have made more friends than i can imagine and have never been looked at as a social distinction.I am well spoken, very polite, honest trustworthy, loyal and much more and have most of my body done..People judge by the cover not what is inside but when you get to know people who have tattoos piercings and the likes they make better friends and humans...
Sorry orkneylass i have many words for people who think like you but i am to nice to discuss them from across the waters...

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 14:57

That's incredibly judgemental. If you knew somebody and thought them to be worthy of your friendship, possibly a respected member of the community. Would you think less of them if you found out they had a tattoo? Would you not speak to them anymore as suddenly they were not who you thought they were? :confused

golach
09-Feb-08, 15:04
I have tattoos, done whist a seaman in the 1960's, none I am ashamed of and are on my upper arms, where I can choose to display them or not. But sadly after 45 or so years, I and my skin has aged, so therefore have my tattoos, they are no longer as clear sharp and colourful. I have no regrets.....but I would actively discourage my granddaughter's to disfigure themselves by getting tattoos, IMO Tattoos on females should be somewhere discreet, and not blatantly displayed in the street, and worst of all, on over sized over 40 year old females lying on beaches in Espana [lol]
And I wonder if any bonny lassie would have Amy Winehouse and her tattoos as a role model [disgust]

Angela
09-Feb-08, 15:05

I'm very sorry to read that you think that way, orkneylass. I don't have any tattoos (although I'm considering a small one on my shoulder, for sentimental reasons), but some of my family do have tattoos, while others don't. Some are more visible than others.

How exactly would you make a 'social distinction' between members of the same family? :confused

orkneylass
09-Feb-08, 15:10
That's incredibly judgemental. If you knew somebody and thought them to be worthy of your friendship, possibly a respected member of the community. Would you think less of them if you found out they had a tattoo? Would you not speak to them anymore as suddenly they were not who you thought they were? :confused

What was asked for was an opinion...much the same as a judgement if you like..and I gave it. My guess was that some opinions would not be respected as much as others and I am right. We all have opinions, we all make judgements , but some of us are more honest about this than others. You're comment that I am being judgmental is a judgmental remark in its own right. I am sure I am not alone in my opinion of tattoos, and yes, I would be very suprised in many cases to find that a person had one, had I assumed that they would be very unlikely to, on the basis of my experience of life. Use your own prejudices to read whatever you like into that.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 15:22
They are almost all quite dreadful....I cannot see the point beyond ones name, address, phone number & blood group in a discreet place - even then it's only for the bewildered.

I had never heard the term 'slut patch' before...it's ugly ...and as such is rather onamatopoetic as the evidence of such 'art' -and I use the term loosely - relegates the rank of the daubed to a lower social status in the minds of many.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 15:29
If the spawn of middle aged non-tattooed parents inspire their elders to get tatt's done then it's no wonder the nippers got dawbed in the first place.

Older women especially, with little designs or daubings on their skin signify a dumbed down outlook.A bit like middle aged blokes wearing rings in their ears - pathetic.A ring in each = numpty or Long John Silver wannabee - be better if they'd bought a parrot or hacked a leg off instead!

bekisman
09-Feb-08, 15:30
I used to undertake expeditions, in remote areas, and I know a number of folk who also undertook these 'dodgy' trips did actually have a tattoo in the form of a small union flag alongside of which was their National Insurance Number, this was tattooed on the right side hip (presumably when their body was discovered and the cadaver examined it would point to UK and in theory who the individual was)..
Me? I carried full ID in a small laminated 'credit-card' size with my details; name, address, blood group etc and contact details of NOK, with hopefully the idea when I was found I'd still have me trousers on! Like lazytown; I've got enough scars - up to a foot long to adorn me body without tattoos

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 15:48
Why is it a social distinction,are you trying to say that people who have tattoos are of a lower standard or personality.or what...I dont understand your words.I have made more friends than i can imagine and have never been looked at as a social distinction.I am well spoken, very polite, honest trustworthy, loyal and much more and have most of my body done..People judge by the cover not what is inside but when you get to know people who have tattoos piercings and the likes they make better friends and humans...
Sorry orkneylass i have many words for people who think like you but i am to nice to discuss them from across the waters...

I can't speak for Orkneylass but what you say is correct. Tatooes and pierced people are often good folk, and make excellent friends. However other people often make pre-judgements and who can blame them? It's in the nature of people to be judgemental whether they themselves accept it or not. The good people with tatt's get lumped in with the numpty's who include some of the thickest, unthinking people around.

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 15:50
What was asked for was an opinion...much the same as a judgement if you like..and I gave it. My guess was that some opinions would not be respected as much as others and I am right. We all have opinions, we all make judgements , but some of us are more honest about this than others. You're comment that I am being judgmental is a judgmental remark in its own right. I am sure I am not alone in my opinion of tattoos, and yes, I would be very suprised in many cases to find that a person had one, had I assumed that they would be very unlikely to, on the basis of my experience of life. Use your own prejudices to read whatever you like into that.
It just seemed to be a very judgemental attitude about the people who get tattoos and I had to wonder whether you were genuinely prejudiced against people who had tattoos or whether that was just the way the post read. My point is that, yes, some people like tattoos, some don't. There are many people who love tattoos, but wouldn't want them on their own body. But, that although I agree that certain types of tattoos tend to be seen on certain types of people. Tattoos are to be found on all kinds of people. I know a well respected vicar who has a huge tattoo on his back. Doesn't make him a better or worse person. So... a social distinction? I sincerely doubt it.

brandy
09-Feb-08, 15:55
tats can also often be a spiritual thing, or cultural . its not always whimsy.
personally, i dont understand football, and to me its only a game. (ducks and covers) but i still dont mind that others live and breathe it as long as it dosent become violent and derogetory..
the same can be said for tats. its become socially acceptable to have them in most places. and as long as they do not cause violence and mayhem, id say have fun! *G*

Angela
09-Feb-08, 16:00
If the spawn of middle aged non-tattooed parents inspire their elders to get tatt's done then it's no wonder the nippers got dawbed in the first place.

Older women especially, with little designs or dawbings on their skin signify a dumbed down outlook.A bit like middle aged blokes wearing rings in their ears - pathetic.A ring in each = numpty or Long John Silver wannabee - be better if they'd hacked a leg off instead!

Hard to know if this post is intended specially for me, percy.You don't say so, but as you chose to quote my post I'm assuming it might well be, or at least that your views here do include me.

If so, I do find the reference to my adult children as 'spawn' just a tad offensive...and in any case one of the members of my family with tattoos is my very elderly uncle who's had them since he served in the 8th army!

The idea that a small tattoo -not inspired by my family, incidentally, I do have a mind of my own - signifies a 'dumbed down outlook' and is 'pathetic'....well, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that gave me the best laugh I've had for ages! [lol]

And this dumb, pathetic, middle aged female would just like to point out that you spell 'daub' with a 'u', not a 'w'. ;)

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 16:00
tats can also often be a spiritual thing, or cultural . its not always whimsy.
personally, i dont understand football, and to me its only a game. (ducks and covers) but i still dont mind that others live and breathe it as long as it dosent become violent and derogetory..
the same can be said for tats. its become socially acceptable to have them in most places. and as long as they do not cause violence and mayhem, id say have fun! *G*

Well said :)

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 16:04
And this dumb, pathetic, middle aged female would just like to point out that you spell 'daub' with a 'u', not a 'w'. ;)

Right you two, you know the drill, stand back to back and when I give the word you take ten paces, then turn and shoot :lol:

I'll be hiding under the table if anyone wants me....

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 16:13
Don't put yourself down Angela, leave it to others. I've changed the spelling of daub - you are quite right in that regard. I'm glad I gave you a good laugh too - always happy to help, and the revelation that a sense of humour lurks within made the entire exercise worthwhile...hitherto I'd not have guessed.

Once again you prove you can take umbrage at the most innocuous of sentiments...'spawn' is a legitimate word for offspring....and stays in the post.

I have removed the inclusion of your contribution as a 'quote' too so that might calm you a little. Have fun at the parlour.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 16:16
[quote=Sapphire2803;336951]Right you two, you know the drill, stand back to back and when I give the word you take ten paces, then turn and shoot quote]

What about choice of weapon?
My opponent will surely take 'a fence'

justine
09-Feb-08, 17:08
I can't speak for Orkneylass but what you say is correct. Tatooes and pierced people are often good folk, and make excellent friends. However other people often make pre-judgements and who can blame them? It's in the nature of people to be judgemental whether they themselves accept it or not. The good people with tatt's get lumped in with the numpty's who include some of the thickest, unthinking people around.

By why should that be...Many many people have them and most women have piercings so why should we all be judged because of society...I have had tattoos for the past 25 years and have some space left to continue my dream.I have not disfigured my face or hands and can cover them up if need be ,although i dont cover them.I believe in freedom of self awareness and i am very aware of my tattoos..I love them and would love to become a tattoo artist which is a dream i will one day fullfill....

Julia
09-Feb-08, 17:47

Any chance you can post some pics of your tats?

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 17:47
By why should that be...Many many people have them and most women have piercings so why should we all be judged because of society...I have had tattoos for the past 25 years and have some space left to continue my dream.I have not disfigured my face or hands and can cover them up if need be ,although i dont cover them.I believe in freedom of self awareness and i am very aware of my tattoos..I love them and would love to become a tattoo artist which is a dream i will one day fullfill....

Given recent trends you will have plenty of work. No doubt a few people have them simply because others don't like 'em. The thoughtfully artistic will pay to have them and endure mild pain to cover up their skin with drawings, words, and pledges of allegiance to certain individuals.

I do not have to pay someone to paint a dragon or a pheonix on my left man-diddy to be 'self-aware' I'm sufficiently self aware. The 'freedom of self-awareness' you speak of is, in my opinion the last refuge of the utterly disenchanted. I place daubing one rung above self-harm...and at least that costs nowt.

This all amounts to personal opinion of course and mine is of no less worth than yours. You sound like a truly sincere & friendly person.It's your body to do with as you will....I do feel however that the society you mention will always discriminate against the daubed. Can you deny that tatts on older people look well past their view by date?...that the flamboyant fiddlings above some ladies behinds look common, and cheap?

I wish you well in your chosen dream...but you'd better be darn good. Otherwise the dis-satified daubed will be after their money back, and will carry your mistakes to the grave, or perhaps the incinerator.

helenwyler
09-Feb-08, 18:13
Finding tattoos 'vulgar' seems to be a particularly 20th & 21st century form of snobbery in the UK. Victoria and Albert both had tattoos, and it seems to have been quite a trend amongst royalty.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 18:32
Finding tattoos 'vulgar' seems to be a particularly 20th & 21st century form of snobbery in the UK. Victoria and Albert both had tattoos, and it seems to have been quite a trend amongst royalty.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html

Oh lordy Helen! methinks you're damning tatts with feint praise.

(Or should it be faint? Angela will no doubt let me know in due course):~(:lol:

helenwyler
09-Feb-08, 18:55
Oh lordy Helen! methinks you're damning tatts with feint praise.

Not at all percy. It just shows we are a product of continually changing fashions and values. You might even have aspired to a tattoo yourself if you'd been born earlier, or later!

cuddlepop
09-Feb-08, 19:12
I dont mind them and some a very tastefull.
Never been brave eneogh to have one done.Would love to be able to endure having a Dreamcatcher down the top half of my arm.
Ah well maybe a present to myself for my 50th perhapse;)
.....it'd take me that long to save up for it,there so expensive.:eek:

justine
09-Feb-08, 19:16
Given recent trends you will have plenty of work. No doubt a few people have them simply because others don't like 'em. The thoughtfully artistic will pay to have them and endure mild pain to cover up their skin with drawings, words, and pledges of allegiance to certain individuals.

I do not have to pay someone to paint a dragon or a pheonix on my left man-diddy to be 'self-aware' I'm sufficiently self aware. The 'freedom of self-awareness' you speak of is, in my opinion the last refuge of the utterly disenchanted. I place daubing one rung above self-harm...and at least that costs nowt.

This all amounts to personal opinion of course and mine is of no less worth than yours. You sound like a truly sincere & friendly person.It's your body to do with as you will....I do feel however that the society you mention will always discriminate against the daubed. Can you deny that tatts on older people look well past their view by date?...that the flamboyant fiddlings above some ladies behinds look common, and cheap?

I wish you well in your chosen dream...but you'd better be darn good. Otherwise the dis-satified daubed will be after their money back, and will carry your mistakes to the grave, or perhaps the incinerator.

i would never tatto anyone unless i had all the qualifications to do so..I do love my tatts and i am a sincere person and the thing is my hubby and children love me the way i am and that is all that counts with me.Other peoples opinions wether behind my back or to my face, are there opinions which to be honest dont matter too much....I will continue to be proud of them and carry them with pride...

Yes Julia of course give me a few moments to take some pics on my phone and link them here for you..

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:18
Not at all percy. It just shows we are a product of continually changing fashions and values. You might even have aspired to a tattoo yourself if you'd been born earlier, or later!

Aye, if I'd gone down the tat route when younger I might have had 'MCFC forever', or 'Mike Summerbee is God'...
what a berk I'd look now eh?

justine
09-Feb-08, 19:19
Aye, if I'd gone down the tat route when younger I might have had 'MCFC forever', or 'Mike Summerbee is God'...
Would that be Manchester City Football Club.............:eek:

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:20
[quote=justine;337049]I do love my tatts and i am a sincere person and the thing is my hubby and children love me the way i am and that is all that counts with me.
quote]

fair doos - I wish you, and your tatts well.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:22
Would that be Manchester City Football Club.............:eek:

aye - why so shocked? I do live in Manchester tha' knorrs.Unlike so many of the red lot.

braalterr903
09-Feb-08, 19:23
i have one a red rose and it very nice

helenwyler
09-Feb-08, 19:24

Yup! [lol]

I'd never have gone for words.

A Harley Davidson tucked in somewhere discreet wouldn't be too bad?

Painful, maybe:eek:!

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 19:28
Yes Julia of course give me a few moments to take some pics on my phone and link them here for you..
Ooh yes please :)

Who on earth is Mike Summerbee?

A Harley Davidson tucked in somewhere discreet wouldn't be too bad?

Painful, maybe:eek:!

Ouch!!

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:38
Who on earth is Mike Summerbee?

You surely can't be serious - though in a way you prove my point.
Mike graced the sixties , and seventies soccer. He was perhaps the speediest, most aggressive right winger ever to grace Maine Road. An England international, a better crosser than Beckham and my teenage idol - it was a phase I hasten to add ;)
http://www.mirrorprintstore.co.uk/image/Mike-Summerbee-Manchester-City_64618.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.mirrorprintstore.co.uk/image/Mike-Summerbee-Manchester-City_64618.jpg)

justine
09-Feb-08, 19:40
aye - why so shocked? I do live in Manchester tha' knorrs.Unlike so many of the red lot.

My father is an avid fan, but unfortunately i am a bolton wonderers supporter..So now you see why so shocked.....:lol:

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:42
I hesitate to say this but I think a point has just been proven.

justine
09-Feb-08, 19:45
I hesitate to say this but I think a point has just been proven.

But that is in all opinions not mine and thats all that matters..As i said before my familly take me the way i am so do my friends and thats all that matters.People will like it and some wont but i am not one to get rialled because someone does not agree with what i like to do.....Thats life....:lol:

I do like your polite way of say.See what we mean....

percy toboggan
My father is an avid fan, but unfortunately i am a bolton wonderers supporter..So now you see why so shocked.....:lol:

Oh blimey! just like Victoria Derbyshire. Never mind - I loved Fred Dibnah !
How old is yer Dad? We may have been stood upon the same terrace, eaten the same manky pies and supped Bovril from the same urn.

Sapphire2803
You surely can't be serious - though in a way you prove my point.
Mike graced the sixties , and seventies soccer. He was perhaps the speediest, most aggressive right winger ever to grace Maine Road. An England international, a better crosser than Beckham and my teenage idol - it was a phase I hasten to add ;)
http://www.mirrorprintstore.co.uk/image/Mike-Summerbee-Manchester-City_64618.jpg

Oh, I see. Sorry, I've never been interested in football unless one of my kids are playing. Any interest I may show in Beckham would have nought to do with an inflated pigs bladder ;)

Julia
09-Feb-08, 19:48
I'll join you Justine and show you one of mine...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/jmbudge/P1050199.jpg

quiteone
wow wat a response!! i had my first tattoo done when drunk at a bike rally!!!! i asked for the smallest one they could do and got it on my lower back.........needless to say it looked ridiculous but thats what i asked for and thats what i got!!! so when i was down in brighton about a yr later i got it covered over with bigger one. now i want more work done to it to improve it but this time im goin to design it myself. but i dont regret having it done, and if anyone laughs at me in a nursing home il soon sort them out with my walking stick :lol:

justine
Oh blimey! just like Victoria Derbyshire. Never mind - I loved Fred Dibnah !
How old is yer Dad? We may have been stood upon the same terrace, eaten the same manky pies and supped Bovril from the same urn.

I do believe he is 61 this year....I am not sure about that unless you were in the royal engineers...But sounds familliar to me, My uncle used to take me to Burnden Park on the weekends to watch bolton play...

percy toboggan
09-Feb-08, 19:52
wow wat a response!! i had my first tattoo done when drunk at a bike rally!!!! i asked for the smallest one they could do and got it on my lower back.........needless to say it looked ridiculous but thats what i asked for and thats what i got!!! so when i was down in brighton about a yr later i got it covered over with bigger one. now i want more work done to it to improve it but this time im goin to design it myself. but i dont regret having it done, and if anyone laughs at me in a nursing home il soon sort them out with my walking stick

I was wondering where you'd disappeared to:lol:
lit the blue touch paper and retired :lol:

I guess we'll just have to think of you as a 'work in progress'.

quiteone
09-Feb-08, 19:59
:lol: iv been out working all day this is my 1st chance to catch up!!! :lol:

scorrie
09-Feb-08, 20:17
For what it's worth, I don't find tattoos attractive. Bare skin is more beautiful to look at ( the barer the better ;) )

It wouldn't change my opinion of anyone if they went out and got themselves a tattoo. I might wonder why they wanted one, but the choice is their's to make. I have seen people with tattoos who are pure chavs and also seen people with tattoos who are great people to know.

Just as an aside:-

I vividly recall being in MacDonald's Cafe some years ago, with a few lads I was at school with. One of them was on leave from the Army and he proudly announced that he had gotten himself a tattoo of a cherry put on his "Mars and Venus". "Would you like to see it?" he offered. I was half way through a doughnut at the time and declined on the grounds of potential indigestion. Despite my negative response, he proceeded to fish out the appendage for our inspection. A stunned silence descended, before I said "Just as well you didn't want a Plum tattooed on there, you're way short of space". "Very funny" came the reply and the fruit show came to a close. I managed to finish my doughnut but have avoided glace cherries ever since.

karia
09-Feb-08, 20:22
For what it's worth, I don't find tattoos attractive. Bare skin is more beautiful to look at ( the barer the better )

It wouldn't change my opinion of anyone if they went out and got themselves a tattoo. I might wonder why they wanted one, but the choice is their's to make. I have seen people with tattoos who are pure chavs and also seen people with tattoos who are great people to know.

Just as an aside:-

I vividly recall being in MacDonald's Cafe some years ago, with a few lads I was at school with. One of them was on leave from the Army and he proudly announced that he had gotten himself a tattoo of a cherry put on his "Mars and Venus". "Would you like to see it?" he offered. I was half way through a doughnut at the time and declined on the grounds of potential indigestion. Despite my negative response, he proceeded to fish out the appendage for our inspection. A stunned silence descended, before I said "Just as well you didn't want a Plum tattooed on there, you're way short of space". "Very funny" came the reply and the fruit show came to a close. I managed to finish my doughnut but have avoided glace cherries ever since.

Ah scorrie, keeping friends and influencing people is one thing..(however dubious their 'markings') ;)

but....

........eating in macdonalds?:eek:

That might take some justifying!

Fantoosh
09-Feb-08, 20:40
who cares if people will think your tattoos will look stupid when you are older? its your body. I had my first done this January on my wrist and getting another on tuesday and if i regret them when im older.....well ive done plenty worse i regret more. They will just be a reminder of my youth and make me smile to look at them.

Sapphire2803
09-Feb-08, 21:16
You showed me yours..... :lol:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2353/image009kd3.jpg

It's a terrible pic, sorry, but you get the idea

twiglet
09-Feb-08, 21:30
I have 4 small tattoos and am not ashamed of them. It all comes down to personal choice. I thought about having a tattoo for 10 years before actually having one and it was not a decision taken lightly. I also chose the tattoo parlour carefully. Tattoos are addictive and an artform that not everyone gets. Personally, I don't like body piercings but everyone is entitled to make their own decisions about their own body.

northener
09-Feb-08, 22:07
iv been out working all day this is my 1st chance to catch up!!!

Before you do anything else, mate, crank up the font size for us older myopic gits!

Tats? Can look excellent or bloody awful. I think a lot of people who are getting tattoos at the moment will regret their decision in a few years time when the fashion pendulum swings away fron tats.

Ive got some big tattoos myself, nothing that can't be covered by a shirt. They date back to my time in the Forces and I have never regretted them.

A couple of people have commented on the perceived social status of those who are tattooed. In my experience, it has never been a barrier socially or in business for myself or a number of my friends who have done very well for themselves.

Having said that, none of their tattoos can be seen when wearing a shirt but they've never drawn adverse comments outside work either when with colleagues (apart from interest and pro/no discussions). I'm sure that the reaction could be somewhat different if they had 'LUFC' tattooed on their forehead!

I've seen artwork that is absolutely stunning and efforts that I would only describe as disfigurement, but at the end of the day, you pays your money, takes your choice and to hell with anyone who doesn't agree with your choice of adornment. I'd sooner see a tastefully executed tattoo rather than a fake tan and 3 ton of 'slap' on a woman.

A mate of mine had HMS tattooed on his anatomy - when he got interested in something it said 'Hammersmith':lol::lol:

Hibeechick
09-Feb-08, 22:47
I have 5 and im planning my 6th.

I have a "tramp stamp" but I love it. People can think what they want. I got designs that meant something to me...

People always say what about when your older and "sagging"? Well I wont be the odd one out will I? There will be hundreds more like me.

I didn't get them because they were the " in thing to do" I got them because I wanted them :)

karia
09-Feb-08, 22:53
A mate of mine had HMS tattooed on his anatomy - when he got interested in something it said 'Hammersmith':lol:

Now that's a tattoo worth noticing...ain't concertina's fab?[lol]

purplerain
09-Feb-08, 23:18
When I was about 18 I went to tattoo shop to get one done but couldn't see any that I liked so didn't bother but now that I am older and 'wiser' so glad I never got one.
I think they are OK if small and covered up most of the time but I hate those ones that cover whole arm/leg/chest wherever!!!!

simpsoney
09-Feb-08, 23:21
I have one tattoo and it is on the left side of my hip. As someone else said, i did not get it because it was the in thing to do but because it means a lot to me. When i got it people said "what will happen when you have a baby etc etc" and it didnt bother me because the tat has meaning. After having my daughter a year ago i have to say it looks fine and hasnt changed really. I would now like another one with probably my daughters name.

Camel Spider
10-Feb-08, 13:56
Ive got tats and dont regret them as they are both of a celtic (NOT the footbal club) design and they both mean something to me, doesnt bother me if people dont like them. I once had an individual rant on at me about them but my reply off "Well I can cover them up but your stuck with that face" soon shut him up", it seems to be a big thing amongst Scotsmen but then it always has been if you go back far enough.

I did go out with a girl once who had a tattoo of a hedgehog in an *ahem* intersting part of her anatomy. I gave her the nickname of "Sonic" and she is still called that to this day.

sweetpea
10-Feb-08, 15:38

Justine, I'd love to see them! Have you got any on your feet? I'm due to get one on my foot but told it's quite painfull because of all the bones. Any Idea?

justine
10-Feb-08, 15:47
Justine, I'd love to see them! Have you got any on your feet? I'm due to get one on my foot but told it's quite painfull because of all the bones. Any Idea?

Hi.No i dont have any on my feet.It is supposed to be the most painfull place to get them done,plus you are limited to what you ahve...There were pics of them on here but i removed them due to the fact they are personal to me and my familly..

Go for it if you like and let me know if you get it done....

gemma89
10-Feb-08, 15:55
I luv tattoos.. jst 2 scared to gt 1!! :lol:

sweetpea
10-Feb-08, 15:56
Hi.No i dont have any on my feet.It is supposed to be the most painfull place to get them done,plus you are limited to what you ahve...There were pics of them on here but i removed them due to the fact they are personal to me and my familly..

Go for it if you like and let me know if you get it done....

I'm fancying a lotus flower with an initial in it because of the meaning the lotus flower holds , not got a good transfer yet but I'm definately going ahead if he can place it where I want it. I've got quite a high pain threshold but still a bit nervy about it, can't be that bad though eh. I'll send you a pic when I get it. ;) Good luck with finishing yours, you must have had hours and hours of sessions!

justine
10-Feb-08, 15:58
I'm fancying a lotus flower with an initial in it because of the meaning the lotus flower holds , not got a good transfer yet but I'm definately going ahead if he can place it where I want it. I've got quite a high pain threshold but still a bit nervy about it, can't be that bad though eh. I'll send you a pic when I get it. ;) Good luck with finishing yours, you must have had hours and hours of sessions!

You could say that but luckily for me my cousin has his own tattoo parlour so i have not paid that much for any of mine...Good luck and hope it comes out nice....

Julia
10-Feb-08, 16:59

One of mine is on my foot, it also goes up around my ankle, it was quite painful but worth it.

sweetpea
10-Feb-08, 17:13
I was thinking of going round ankle bone and down side of foot. I think they look reall smart on feet, esp in summer, although I don't fancy wearing my flip flops this weather when I get it done.

scorrie
10-Feb-08, 17:14
Ah scorrie, keeping friends and influencing people is one thing..(however dubious their 'markings') ;)

but....

........eating in macdonalds?:eek:

That might take some justifying!

No, no, no!! It wasn't THAT MacDonalds. Luckily, they don't exist in Wick. This was/is a local bakery and cafe of the same name. Fortunately for us, the table made staff oblivious to the game of Charades that had just reached the stage where one player was attempting to mime the film "Free Willy". Though one wag was later heard to comment:- "A coaster would have done job well enough"

obiron
10-Feb-08, 17:59
I like tattoos there are some really nice designs out there, have a rangers one but would like another when i have money.
Sunday nights on discovery realtime is LA Ink, Ink Wars and my fave Miami Ink. 3 hours of tatt progs.

Thumper
10-Feb-08, 18:08
Love tats on a man they are soooo sexy (well they can be) but not so keen on the on a woman,I do like them if they are tasteful and well done and not too many or too obvious,I really hate it when you see a beautiful woman all dressed up and then you see a horrible tatoo on them somewhere...even worse are the home done jobs :eek: x

karia
10-Feb-08, 18:19
I know this will vary due to size and intricacy of design etc. but what do tattoos cost these days?

justine
10-Feb-08, 19:07
I know this will vary due to size and intricacy of design etc. but what do tattoos cost these days?

Well i know i paid 400 for the one one my back..But the average cost is about 60 upwards for anything that is 6 in above,depending on colours used and quality of inks.American colours are better so cost more and english colours which are good but not as good as american ink cost less.Depends where you go aswell....

karia
10-Feb-08, 19:37
Blimey O'Reilly Justine:eek:

You couldn't have one done on a whim then!

My curiosity is satisfied and my bank manager needn't worry either.;)

Thanks xx

sweetpea
10-Feb-08, 19:45
I like tattoos there are some really nice designs out there, have a rangers one but would like another when i have money.
Sunday nights on discovery realtime is LA Ink, Ink Wars and my fave Miami Ink. 3 hours of tatt progs.

I was watching ink wars last night and love the rest of them too esp Nunez, he's hot. I'd let him ink me anytime...

rockchick
10-Feb-08, 21:05
Well perhaps I'm biased, as I have two tattoos (and, as I'm over 40, probably in the "saggy" category) but I quite like tasteful tattoos on either men or women.

My tattoos both mean something to me, and they are both easily covered (one on my hip, the other on my shoulder-blade) so are rarely seen unless I choose to show them. It makes a big difference to living with them (I've had them for over 20 years now) when they mean something to yourself.

The reasons I got the tattoos were varied...but one reason was, when I was in my teens, was the ability to identify my body by my tattoos. As macabre as it may sound, I had no desire to put my family through the process of viewing the remains trying to decide whether what was left was their child. I was a pretty wild teenager, so it's not as daft an idea as it may sound.

The crowning glory for me was, just a wee while ago, a VERY straight-laced colleague of mine, (VERY posh and proper) who found out I had tattoos, said that it made him rethink his views about people who had tattoos, cuz I had some. Apparently they're not all wasters!

oldmarine
11-Feb-08, 04:27
I have 5 of them. If I could start over again, I would have none.

twiglet
11-Feb-08, 10:19

Karia, mine are small and cost on average £25 each but the sky's the limit pricewise. Haven't had one done for 5/6 years tho.

Love watching miami ink etc.

brew
11-Feb-08, 12:40
this is my 3rd tattoo and I love it, got it last summer and the OH was unaware of what I was up to. It has her name on to and our little girls name under, the jigsaw bit in the middle i can hear you all asking, cause they are both the missing bit in my life,

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1407/jigsawtattby3.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jigsawtattby3.jpg)

1st time posting a photo so dont know if this will work.

brew
11-Feb-08, 12:42
Wohoo!!! it worked....

carasmam
11-Feb-08, 13:04
this is my 3rd tattoo and I love it, got it last summer and the OH was unaware of what I was up to. It has her name on to and our little girls name under, the jigsaw bit in the middle i can hear you all asking, cause they are both the missing bit in my life,

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1407/jigsawtattby3.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jigsawtattby3.jpg)

1st time posting a photo so dont know if this will work.

Nice tattoo and a lovely sentiment, you took a tear to my eye :)

Ash
11-Feb-08, 13:05
Nice tatoo and a lovely sentiment, you took a tear to my eye :)

he's lovely aint he! :D

brew
11-Feb-08, 13:07
flattery will get you everywhere Ash.
x

carasmam
11-Feb-08, 13:08
he's lovely aint he! :D

Just makes you wanna go Aaahhhh :D

brew
11-Feb-08, 13:19
The guy doing the tatoo said it was the 1st jigsaw he had ever done, that it was unusual but smart

young_fishin_neep
11-Feb-08, 14:27
well i have a tattoo across the bottom of my back, i got it lower than most people do so as i can be cover with my trousers, i want another, i love tatoos, its just gettin them that im scared about, mum tatoos ( i think there is 14 or 15 of them) are amazing, and every single one of them can be covered easily, i am not stupid and wouldnt get one that i couldnt cover up, i would hate to go into a job interveiw on a hot day and have to have the most clothes on just to cover my tatoos. my mum told me that when i had got one tatoo i owuld be addicted and i would want more unfortunatly shes right, its just finding someone i can trust near here that will do them as unfortunatly the guy that did mine is all the way in england and its a pain to gewt to him from my dads

kazzii xxxx

crashbandicoot1979
11-Feb-08, 14:48
I have 4 tattoos and intend on getting more in the future. My only advice to anyone thinking of getting one is, think long and hard about what you want. I put a lot of thought into 2 of my tattoos (a year at least), and I love them. I have a small one that was a spur of the moment thing but luckily I still love it too. However I got my first tattoo at 18 and while it seemed like a good design at the time, I'm not so keen on it now, mainly because it looks as if I have a sticker on my arm! My tattooist has designed a cover up for me which I'm getting done in March (which I've been thinking about for over 3 years), and although I don't regret getting my first tattoo as such, I regret not putting more thought into it and choosing a design that meant something. But I was young, stupid and badly wanted a tattoo!

Tattoos are definitely a personal thing. If you want them, then get them, and if you don't then don't. Simple as that. I would hate to think people judge me because of my tattoos, but if thats all they notice then thats their problem. My favourite part of my body is my tattoos, because they're the only part I chose myself ;)

angela5
12-Feb-08, 12:09
can just see all the biddys male and female lying incontinent in nursing homes and carers etc laughing at them[disgust]

Especially if the female has a tattoo of a slipper on each breast.:lol:

Invader
12-Feb-08, 12:12
Slightly off topic but does anyone realise that the whole T.V. tattoo thing is fake??
My wife called Miami Ink to make an appointment when we were on holiday last year, and was told to just "walk right in"
3 times we were turned away as they were filming the show, and the real artists who work in Miami Ink don't start until 9pm.
One time they even stopped us walking past the shop on the pavement in case we looked at the cameras. At this point they handed us a flyer telling us where to go to attend an audition in Fort Lauderdale to apply for the show, and to make the "life changing" story of why she wanted a tattoo as dramatic as possible.
The people you see on TV are only there for the show which happens to be filmed in a real tattoo shop.

Anyway, she got her tattoo done at Miami Pride about 100 yards down the road, and got a completely beautiful 1 off design without having to invent a story about a dead relative/pet or family crisis.

Julia
12-Feb-08, 12:13
By the time I get to my nursing home (that's if euthanasia isn't legal by then) I should think most of my fellow homies will also have tattoos [lol]

justine
12-Feb-08, 12:15
Well the kids have been told they can take me to a taxidermist and have me stuffed and sat in a rocker.It seems such a waste to destroy my tatts....If only it were legal...

Julia
12-Feb-08, 12:21
Slightly off topic but does anyone realise that the whole T.V. tattoo thing is fake??
My wife called Miami Ink to make an appointment when we were on holiday last year, and was told to just "walk right in"
3 times we were turned away as they were filming the show, and the real artists who work in Miami Ink don't start until 9pm.
One time they even stopped us walking past the shop on the pavement in case we looked at the cameras. At this point they handed us a flyer telling us where to go to attend an audition in Fort Lauderdale to apply for the show, and to make the "life changing" story of why she wanted a tattoo as dramatic as possible.
The people you see on TV are only there for the show which happens to be filmed in a real tattoo shop.

Anyway, she got her tattoo done at Miami Pride about 100 yards down the road, and got a completely beautiful 1 off design without having to invent a story about a dead relative/pet or family crisis.

So what you are saying is the shop is just used for filming and does not belong to Ami?

Julia
12-Feb-08, 12:27
Well the kids have been told they can take me to a taxidermist and have me stuffed and sat in a rocker.It seems such a waste to destroy my tatts....If only it were legal...

Bit off topic, well quite a long way off topic, did you hear about the body that lay undiscovered on the couch in a flat for five years with the room mate still living in it! :eek:

brew
12-Feb-08, 12:43
By the time I get to my nursing home (that's if euthanasia isn't legal by then) I should think most of my fellow homies will also have tattoos [lol]

And boob jobs for the woman and viagra for the men and no one will ba able to mind what to do with any of it

Julia
12-Feb-08, 13:21
And boob jobs for the woman and viagra for the men and no one will ba able to mind what to do with any of it

OMG what a picture, saggy silicone implants LOL

xx_chickie
12-Feb-08, 13:28
Thanks for all these amausing names for tattoos! Haha!

I think a carefully chosen and designed tattoo can look good on the right person (male or female), but this is very rare. People (especially women) don't age well with tattoos!

I don't think it's worth the health risk either, it's not a natural thing to do.

Come on ladies, spend all that money and time picking a great handbag or pair of shoes! Men, use the money to fill the tank, or pay the bills ;)

Loch not Lock
12-Feb-08, 13:34
Very boring - all that pipes, drums and marching.
Should be banned from our capital city!!!

northener
12-Feb-08, 15:19
Bit off topic, well quite a long way off topic, did you hear about the body that lay undiscovered on the couch in a flat for five years with the room mate still living in it! :eek:

Mrs N says that she believes that I actually died years ago and am simply taking up good space on the couch........

percy toboggan
12-Feb-08, 18:21
Especially if the female has a tattoo of a slipper on each breast.:lol:

Surely an improvement on 'mild' and 'bitter'....

Fran
13-Feb-08, 02:38
I would like a tiny tattoo but dont know where to get one and im a bit nervous of the pain or a dirty needle etc. A lot of sailors have a little sailor tatooed above their belly button with "naval patrol" written.Some servicemen have some weird and wonderful tattoos.

Invader
13-Feb-08, 13:33
Julia,

Nope, Ami & Chris Nunez own the shop which was called "Love and Hate" until the TV thing started.

The point I was making is that none of the artists seen on TV are present in the shop except when filming is taking place.
The rest of the time, the shop is staffed by other artists, who don't start until 9pm on days when the show is being recorded.

As well as design and location, the other thing you want to think hard about before getting a tattoo, is the skill/reputaion of the artist carrying it out.
If you use what you see on the TV as a guide to who you want to apply your tattoo, and go there thinking you will get a tattoo from someone "Off the telly" whos work you have seen, it's not going to happen unless you go to to the audition, and tell them the story of your pet Doberman who was hit by a truck and spent his last years using a trolley for hind legs, but still managed to save the entire family from a house fire before dying of smoke inhalation.
Or some such other tragic tale.

I know if I had booked a tattoo with a certain artist, who had been reccommended to me, and turned up to find he was off ill, but his mate would do it in his place, I would turn and walk.

Julia
16-Feb-08, 15:46
Here's a pic of my son's dad's tattoo, it is his first and it he had it done yesterday.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/jmbudge/P1050215.jpg

It's a it shiny but looks better today

justine
16-Feb-08, 15:58
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_144.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxuk101MXGB) Nice piece of art your dear oh has there julia....

sassylass
16-Feb-08, 18:33
Yesterday I saw a man covered in tattoos...neck, arms, legs...and I thought "interesting".

Then I noticed he was holding the hand of his tiny daughter, maybe 3 years of age, a darling girl with long blonde hair and skin like porcelain, and loads of fake tattoos on her neck, arms, legs :eek:

Ash
16-Feb-08, 18:48
Yesterday I saw a man covered in tattoos...neck, arms, legs...and I thought "interesting".

Then I noticed he was holding the hand of his tiny daughter, maybe 3 years of age, a darling girl with long blonde hair and skin like porcelain, and loads of fake tattoos on her neck, arms, legs :eek:

i hate people that put fake tattoos on kids it looks awful and its soo bad for there skin

maisiebudd
16-Feb-08, 19:46
Tatts are a very personal thing. If you want one, have it....It's not dangerous it's actually very safe as all the needles and other items used should be unpacked from sterile as they are needed and used only on that one person before being destroyed. I have six tatts and I didn't get my first one till I was in my forties and now I am hooked. I love my tatts and I am proud of them and show them off with pride....At least when I am in my dotage, my great grandchildren will have something to look at when they visit me at the old folkies home!!!!

northener
16-Feb-08, 20:46

Justine, I'm convinced it is perfectly legal for you to be stuffed.....if you'll pardon the obvious pun:D

Isn't there some bloke on permanant display in a gallery somewhere?

karia
16-Feb-08, 20:50
Justine, I'm convinced it is perfectly legal for you to be stuffed.....if you'll pardon the obvious pun:D

It could just be that the attendant is asleep again!;)

justine
16-Feb-08, 21:16

Am not quite sure but it is worth looking into..and no offense taken by the obvious pun..........

dessie
16-Feb-08, 22:28
some small tattoos look ok on women...i have got about 20 over my arms from about 40 yrs ago. the choice of colours were rubbish. not like todays .good tats and colours are great..if i was only 40 yrs younger lol...

superted
16-Feb-08, 22:33
I just got my second tattoo today...It's great I love it!!!:lol::lol:

chamb
17-Feb-08, 22:41
I had my first tattoo done in may last year and I will never regret it, it has so much meaning, and it wasnt done on a whim, so much thought went in to it.

It has a design with a butterfly in the middle, with the initials of my son, dad and husband. It is on the bottom of my back, for me the ideal place, its not in my face and I can hide it or show it.

I have to admit it was rather painfull, but more than worth it. But I am now planning my next one, once I know what I want it will be done.

To me your body belongs to you, what you do with it is your choice. Why do people slate people for having there body different or in some peoples eyes making it more interesting?

I do believe that when branding your body it should mean something but thats my opinion but everyone is different.

quiteone
18-Feb-08, 00:09
has anyone had a tattoo done in alness???

honey
18-Feb-08, 13:46
I have a teddy tattoo on my chest that i got to celebrate Rangers winning 9 leagues in a row, so it means something to me. I made sure it was in a place it could be covered up though... which is just as well, cos although i love my tattoo, it wouldnt have looked so good showing on my wedding day..although it did give me a bit of a chuckle when i was in the birthing pool with my first son and the confused midwife was asking what it was!!! :lol: