PDA

View Full Version : treatment for toothache

pedromcgrory
22-Oct-05, 22:56
im at my wits end at moment ,pains unbearable ,does anyone know if dunbar or wick will treat you etc,

porshiepoo
22-Oct-05, 23:09
You need to phone the nhs emergency dental helpline before 9am tomorrow and they'll get you seen at either wick or thurso straight away. When I used it though you have to phone before 9am to get on that days register or you have to wait until the next day to get a referral.
They'll only do emergency treatment though so it's rither temporary packing (and they won't let you go back to have it done permanently) or extraction.
If it's a back tooth go for the extraction! I had the packing done a few months ago and I'm literally waiting for it to come out now as it was only temporary, then I guess I'll have to have a perfectly repairable tooth pulled out,

pedromcgrory
22-Oct-05, 23:12
sundays an all ,tried the help line on friday was to late phoned at 11 am said nothing till monday on machine

fudge100
22-Oct-05, 23:23
if you phone 0845 6442271 after 8am you should get seen that day i have used it three times hope this helps

pedromcgrory
22-Oct-05, 23:31
ty, gie it a try in morning again .

EDDIE
23-Oct-05, 00:04
I know the feeling there is nothing worse than toothache sometimes if u rub whisky over the gum it can numb it for a bit or if you go to the supermarket you can get bonjella its for babys when teeth are hurting that might help the other thing as well it sounds really stupid the last time i had toothache i chewed on bread on the tooth that was giving me pain i think the bread went into the tiny holes of the tooth stopping air getting in causing pain it did work for me.
But if its that bad its unbareable your dentist should phone up the hospital and tell them its unbareable and make big deal of it and im sure you will get a dentist or someone suitably qualified to sort your problem because they will always try to make u wait because of staffing problems that why u have to make a big deal of it.
For me i hate going to the dentist and only ever went when my teeth was sore now i go regular for checkups now to try in prevent that horrible feeling.

porshiepoo
23-Oct-05, 00:18
As much as i hate whisky it does work. Put some on either a cotton wool ball and bite down or on cotton sticks and wipe it all over, honestly it works. If you know anyone on diclofenac that works too, probably cos they are anti inflammatory

Naefearjustbeer
23-Oct-05, 00:35
put a whole clove in your mouth and hold it next to the sore bit and bite on it