PDA

View Full Version : org recipe book

bluelady
06-Feb-08, 21:08
There are so many good recipes on here and a good diversity. Someone ought to compile a book of them and sell them for a local charity. Bill and Naill will have to pick, cook and taste a few before selecting the best, or have an org opinion poll. Im sure no-one will mind donating their recipes for a good cause. :)

poppett
07-Feb-08, 20:29
What a brilliant idea!

miranda
07-Feb-08, 23:07
great idea should be seriously considered !!!
a good local charity like The Laurandy Centre !!!!!!!
im sure a few of the girls that work there will come help you with the tasting Bill!!! then with the typing out lol.:lol:

bluelady
08-Feb-08, 13:20
if there is someone from there willing to do that, then I for one say let them have all the recipies off this site and raise the money from them. They can certainly use anything I have posted. They could call it "The diverse recipes of Caithness.Org" it would certainly be different than the ordinary run of the mill cookery books. Come on fellow orgers, post your permission for your recipies to be used for fundraising, if the LC want to take up the offer.:)

mrsmo
08-Feb-08, 15:27
yes a brilliant idea, I must put some recipes on then.

dellwak
26-Mar-08, 21:50
They can use mine if they want them.

SunnyChick
28-Mar-08, 11:02
That would be a good idea, because different people have different ways of teaching a recpie, and each page of the book would be individual and interesting.

trix
28-Mar-08, 19:05
aye, its a great idea.

its in 'e pipeline....watch this space ;)

Bobbyian
28-Mar-08, 21:04
go ahead super Idea keep us informed of the status now and again

Anne x
29-Mar-08, 01:16
I think its a great Idea But---- I would be a bit wary of copyright as some of my recipies are from Recipe books some loads of years old and some recent ones adapted some made up recipies
Dont really know how one stands here
Maybe someone will enlighten before Trouble looms

ciderally
29-Mar-08, 12:05
thats a good idea...would buy one myself..i will keep watching this space..

Buttercup
29-Mar-08, 22:12
I think its a great Idea But---- I would be a bit wary of copyright as some of my recipies are from Recipe books some loads of years old and some recent ones adapted some made up recipies

Have to agree with you there Anne. I know the one's I have posted are either "family" recipes or one's that have been adapted from ones published elsewhere. But as you say, old recipe books are a great source for many recipes which people may think are simply "family" ones as they have been passed down from mother to daughter etc. I don't really know how the copyright laws work :confused but I don't think publishing a cook book (even for charity) is quite as simple as people would like to think. It would be quite time consuming and costly I would imagine.

dellwak
29-Mar-08, 22:14

The legal position is that if 3 measurements are changed from the original recipe, then the recipe is considered new. So for instance, if you copy a recipe from a book but change the amounts to serve 6 instead of 4, then legaly you have written a new recipe.
But to be fair, it would be easier and more honest to simply say where the original recipe came from. The author of the recipe would probably be quite happy to see other people using their work as long as they are still getting credit for it.
I freely admit that most of my recipies come from books and I am quite prepared to name those books if anyone wants to know.

Anne x
29-Mar-08, 22:37
Thanks Dellwak and Buttercup I was a bit concerned as in the Literature Thread you have to state if not your own work and If ---- The Org was going to do a cook book better to be fore warned

Anne

Buttercup
29-Mar-08, 22:40
The legal position is that if 3 measurements are changed from the original recipe, then the recipe is considered new. So for instance, if you copy a recipe from a book but change the amounts to serve 6 instead of 4, then legaly you have written a new recipe.
But to be fair, it would be easier and more honest to simply say where the original recipe came from. The author of the recipe would probably be quite happy to see other people using their work as long as they are still getting credit for it.
I freely admit that most of my recipies come from books and I am quite prepared to name those books if anyone wants to know.

Problem is dellwak, a lot of us can't remember what books or tv shows the recipe came from.

dellwak
29-Mar-08, 22:55
Then you can't be accused of stealing a copyright Buttercup cos you have probably changed the amounts anyway.
Just mention that the recipe is not your own and you saw it some TV show or book.
Nobody is going to ruin thier own reputation by demanding that a book for charity is taken from the market because they are not named as the originator of one of the recipies.
The worst case would be that they demand that they are mentioned in a second run of the book.