PDA

View Full Version : Eating habits during pregnancy...

Julia
06-Feb-08, 18:30
I've recently read that eating or avoiding particular foods in pregnancy can affect your child's tastes, I ate quite a lot of tagliatelle and spaghetti carbonara and I've recently noticed that my son prefers this type of baby food, in fact anything Italian sounding gets his vote, lasagne, rigatoni, mozzarella etc..

Have any other mothers noticed a connection?

justine
06-Feb-08, 19:26
yep its true.I have a tasting for cheese all the way through all my pregnancies..My kids love cheese...They would have coke if i let them....They also like any type of music that you listen to for nine months...

unicorn
06-Feb-08, 20:03
I ate toilet roll and tried to lick muddy tatties:eek: thankfully my daughter has not developed a taste for it :lol:

mums angels
06-Feb-08, 20:05
I'm a really picky eater , i don't eat veg , certain meats etc , i love pasta etc but all 3 of my kids eat almost everything and have always liked veg , meat etc . I would be really worried if what i ate during pregnancy effected my kids eating habits :eek:

I once read though that how much you ate in the first 3 months of pregnancy could effect your babys appetite...if you ate a lot then baby would have smaller appetite and vice versa . Personally i think that they just are the way they are and so far i've been lucky enough to have healthy eaters with good appetites hope i'm as lucky with this one . :D

hell raizer
06-Feb-08, 20:20
i lived on frozen oranges when i was pregnant :D

Ash
06-Feb-08, 21:01
toast and tomato sauce! yuck! but my daughter asks for it when she has toast to dip it in:eek:

WeeBurd
06-Feb-08, 21:20
Nope, never noticed any correlation at all, unless you count chocolate [lol].

Both of mine will try pretty much anything, and I'd challenge anyone to find someone fussier than me! ;)

karia
06-Feb-08, 22:13
My mum who loves chocolate was ill every time she ate it..While I was on board!

I HATE chocolate!

Embryo power!;)

NLP
06-Feb-08, 22:18
I took a dislike to red meat, my daughter isn't that bothered about meat I think she could easily be a veggie, I hate veg

Thumper
06-Feb-08, 22:19
Mine was tomato crisps and melted twixs with all 3!...well along with that I also ate icecubes 24/7 with the youngest,they all love tomato crisps and twix now...but then again what kid wouldnt? Oh and I also eat the same if I am hungover :eek: x

karia
06-Feb-08, 22:21
Mine was tomato crisps and melted twixs with all 3!...well along with that I also ate icecubes 24/7 with the youngest,thay all love tomato crisps and twix now...but then again what kid wouldnt? Oh and I also eat the same if I am hungover :eek: x

Queasy is queasy!;)

SNOWDOG
06-Feb-08, 22:22
My wife was mad for spam, strawberries and Sweetheart stout, often at the same time!

Thumper
06-Feb-08, 22:22
Yup! [lol] ;) x

mums angels
07-Feb-08, 00:52
Mine was tomato crisps and melted twixs with all 3!...well along with that I also ate icecubes 24/7 with the youngest,they all love tomato crisps and twix now...but then again what kid wouldnt? Oh and I also eat the same if I am hungover :eek: x

LOL i had the ice cube thing with the last one drove my friends and family mad with me crunching away all day , i later was told its a zinc deficency of some sort , luckily havn't got the same carving this time even though i have had a few ice lollies in the last few weeks:eek:

sphinx
07-Feb-08, 01:26
some weird cravings there indeed,,,,,,,:lol:

Dadie
07-Feb-08, 11:01
im sherbet dibdabs and orange ice lollies and green beans but not at the same time!

morganria
07-Feb-08, 11:17
Mine was apple juice during first pregnancy and cherry tomatoes (by the punnet) during second - I hated both before being pregnant. Both children love these

Rie
07-Feb-08, 12:29
couldnt eat with my first so lived off coke and crakers went off all food!
with my second i couldnt get enough of curry and pickled eggs, together normaly.
How ever this has not affected thair eating habbits (thank god) and although my second is almost a vegie my first is a human dustbin and will eat anything.:roll:

veekay
07-Feb-08, 12:32
Jelly babies and raw carrots - at the same time - Yum

My mother ate coal when carrying me, glad to say I have never had the urge

honey
07-Feb-08, 12:43
With my 1st, it was tomato soup, but he wont put any kind of soup near his mouth

my youngest will eat practicaly anything... including dog food given half the chance !!!(he attempted to eat the dry dog food my inlaws new puppy eats:eek:) yet I am the fussiest eater going... so nope, cant say that is true for me...

sharon
07-Feb-08, 16:47
the strangest cravings i had, was with my oldest........ bono biscuits! thankfully my son didn't develop a liking for the dogs biscuits, they are the only biscuits that lasts in our house now!! [lol]

i could of lived of baked tatties and cheese with my second and she hates it!

skinnydog
07-Feb-08, 17:40
I was totally addicted to Tesco's tinned fruit cocktail and still love it. My daughter will eat anything but was quite fond of pinching the dogs biscuits out of his bowl!! Didn't seem to do her any harm, she now has the constitution of an ox and is never, ever sick or sorry.