PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Perception Test.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-08, 18:24
Did anyone who has recently done this test found themselves finding more hazards than what was there.
Oh siting his theory next Thursday for his class 2 or C I think its called now and he's finding too many.
The computer programe for practicing on tells him he's cheating.

He's been trained to drive by the police so maybe that makes a difference.:confused

northener
06-Feb-08, 20:22
Did anyone who has recently done this test found themselves finding more hazards than what was there.
Oh siting his theory next Thursday for his class 2 or C I think its called now and he's finding too many.
The computer programe for practicing on tells him he's cheating.

He's been trained to drive by the police so maybe that makes a difference.:confused

If the problem persists, seek advice from an Instructor or throw the DVD/CD away. Some of the clips are worse than useless.

Providing he is clicking on anything that is a developing hazard then the DSA software on the actual test is programmed to accept this as a 'legitimate' click. Generally speaking, there tend to be more than a couple of potential hazards in each clip.

If he's an experienced driver, then he's probably clicking very early on when he spots the potential for a problem. When the DSA insisted all driving instructors take HP test, many were scoring abysmally - because they were clicking on everything too early and 'beating' the system.

But he needs to be very clear in his mind on what he should be clicking on and what he shouldn't.

If you want any tips on the HP test, please PM me.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-08, 20:39
If the problem persists, seek advice from an Instructor or throw the DVD/CD away. Some of the clips are worse than useless.

Providing he is clicking on anything that is a developing hazard then the DSA software on the actual test is programmed to accept this as a 'legitimate' click. Generally speaking, there tend to be more than a couple of potential hazards in each clip.

If he's an experienced driver, then he's probably clicking very early on when he spots the potential for a problem. When the DSA insisted all driving instructors take HP test, many were scoring abysmally - because they were clicking on everything too early and 'beating' the system.

But he needs to be very clear in his mind on what he should be clicking on and what he shouldn't.

If you want any tips on the HP test, please PM me.

Thanks Northener will keep that in mind.:D