PDA

View Full Version : Is cyberspace infinite?

helenwyler
06-Feb-08, 14:11
Is cyberspace infinite?

And is the Planet .Org subject to verbal warming?

Oh, and are spent threads bio-degradable?

There's just so much I don't know!:confused

Sapphire2803
06-Feb-08, 14:18
Is cyberspace infinite? Well... no, not really...

And is the Planet .Org subject to verbal warming? Absolutely YES!!!

Oh, and are spent threads bio-degradable? Yes and they also make wonderful fertiliser (That goes double for any thread started by me)

There's just so much I don't know!:confused Me too....

Sapphire2803
06-Feb-08, 14:58
Completely unrelated, but....

If these paste thingies like fixodent etc keep peoples false teeth in so well, how do they get them out again at the end of the day? :confused

j4bberw0ck
06-Feb-08, 15:05
wonderful fertiliser (That goes double for any thread started by me)

<sharp intake of breath>

I hope the fertiliser isn't nitrogenous. If it is, bacterial action will cause the release of nitrous oxide which is 296 times more effective as a verbal worming agent than carbon dioxide (or 592 times more effective in Sapphire's case, evidently :lol: ).

If there are parallel universes, are there parallel cyberspaces? And if there are, are they RAID 10 arrays? Or worse, offline backups?

And if we're just an offline backup, what happens when we're offline in the rack..... does reality exist? How about Schrodinger's cat?

By 'eck, Helen. You've opened a right can of worms here, chuck :eek:

Elenna
06-Feb-08, 15:15
<snipped in the between bits ;)>

are there parallel cyberspaces?

and

How about Schrodinger's cat?

Of course the cyberspaces are parallel...if they were all at angles they'd be cyberboxes!

And whats the matter with the Schrodingers cat...is it lost? If so, maybe they better check its not caught in the World Wide Web....

j4bberw0ck
06-Feb-08, 15:21
Of course the cyberspaces are parallel...if they were all at angles they'd be cyberboxes!

:lol::lol:

And whats the matter with the Schrodingers cat...is it lost?

Sssshhhhh! It got shot - in the On Yer Bike Tebbitt thread - because no one accepts we're just offline backups really .........

MadPict
06-Feb-08, 17:38
Is cyberspace infinite?

And is the Planet .Org subject to verbal warming?

Oh, and are spent threads bio-degradable?

There's just so much I don't know!:confused

Cyberspace is NOT infinite and here (http://www.thelastpage.org/) is the evidence....

Andrew C
06-Feb-08, 17:43
Cyberspace is NOT infinite and here (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.thelastpage.org/) is the evidence....

Nice one lol

MadPict
06-Feb-08, 17:47
...and so as everthing has an end, so it has a beginning (http://www.internetfirstpage.com/)...

canuck
06-Feb-08, 18:30
Wasn't Schrodinger's cat the prototype used to initiate the org's lost pets and elephants section?

j4bberw0ck
06-Feb-08, 19:40
I doubt it'd be possible to be sure........... :lol::lol:

Kenn
07-Feb-08, 10:16
Ah hah but we know that cyberspace only exists because of chips.
Now how does silicone react to salt and vinegar. what happens when it is mixed with tomato or brown sauce ?
What if the mining season is effected by adverse weather conditions or blight?

northener
07-Feb-08, 10:36
So there could be a parallel universe inside my USB memory stick?

Or another .Org on that dodgy floppy that does wierd things when I run it?

Watch out for CyberMange on that cat......

canuck
07-Feb-08, 10:42
I think that Schrodinger's mangy cat has morphed into a red fox in my computer.

helenwyler
07-Feb-08, 15:32
Well I've learnt so much...thanks guys:)!

Perhaps MadPict was bluffing.

I now consider myself a netizen of an infinite consensual hallucination in cyberspace. As long as the network is up and running.

And I am keeping my memory sticks at an angle to each other... just in case:eek:.

anneoctober
07-Feb-08, 19:25
Completely unrelated, but....

If these paste thingies like fixodent etc keep peoples false teeth in so well, how do they get them out again at the end of the day?

Its a knack, known only to carers Saphy! You pit on your protective glovies and slip one finger to the back o e clients moothie and quickly unhook the falsers from the gum. Pulling yer hand oot kweek before you get yur finger champed on by your angelic resident..........;)[lol]
Please rest assured that NO resident was ever harmed during this process, - hence the large volume of staff turnover at Care homes..............................