PDA

View Full Version : How do you?

cuddlepop
05-Feb-08, 22:44
How do you download photo's from camera onto the lexmark printer programe and then transfer to Picasa2.

Normally would create a file and then uplift onto imageshake to post.

Want to use the Picasa2 as the alterations are far superior :D.

Deemac
05-Feb-08, 23:47
If it was me - I'd:
1. Create a folder by the name of your current camera (ie Canon)
2. Create a sub-folder for the current year (ie 2008)
3. Create sub-sub folders for all your downloads by date (ie 2008_0205 - Skys etc. this way they will always be ordered, logical with a very brief description of the general contents).
4. Transfer all your cameras memory card contents in to this folder.
5. Make sure Picassa's folder manager (Menu: Tools, folder Manager) is looking at the top folder (ie Canon), and is set to "scan always".

That way every time you transfer images Picassa will pick them up. This is the system I use. (though I edit using photoshop - and I'm also increasingly using CS3 bridge as my main viewer/slideshow player.

I'm not clear where your Lexmark printer fits into all this exept in the capacity of a hard copy printer.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-08, 10:05
If it was me - I'd:
1. Create a folder by the name of your current camera (ie Canon)
2. Create a sub-folder for the current year (ie 2008)
3. Create sub-sub folders for all your downloads by date (ie 2008_0205 - Skys etc. this way they will always be ordered, logical with a very brief description of the general contents).
4. Transfer all your cameras memory card contents in to this folder.
5. Make sure Picassa's folder manager (Menu: Tools, folder Manager) is looking at the top folder (ie Canon), and is set to "scan always".

That way every time you transfer images Picassa will pick them up. This is the system I use. (though I edit using photoshop - and I'm also increasingly using CS3 bridge as my main viewer/slideshow player.

I'm not clear where your Lexmark printer fits into all this exept in the capacity of a hard copy printer.
Thanks Deemac.
The Lexmark printer programe comes up as soon as you log on to down load picture.My daughter got one for christmas and used our computer for her machine so this now appears to be the dominant programe as we never used it before.
Quiet happy with this down load facilitie as it is better than what we had.Its just where to go from there so we can tweek with Picasa2 as its a better tweeker.:D

Raven
06-Feb-08, 10:17
Check which folder the downloaded photos are saved and then select this folder when you open picasa you know which folder you want to open for treating your pics. Just a thought as I dont work with neither of them...???
Let us know how you get on! :-)