PDA

View Full Version : Deal or no Deal

Lumberjack
05-Feb-08, 20:43
Whilst watching Deal or no Deal yesterday there was an announcement from Ofcom regarding the running of the viewers competition.
The programme was fined £500,000 as some entrants had "diminished chances of winning". This is becoming an all too familiar scenario from people who really should know better by now.
There are calls for this type of competition to be totally banned and would like other Orger views.

As for myself; £500,000--- it is good to see the fines increasing.

Flair
05-Feb-08, 21:05
This is becoming an all too familiar scenario from people who really should know better by now.

Well, some people never learn.

karia
05-Feb-08, 21:10
Can't believe folks are still buying into this!

Which former Beatle member went on to have a solo career with 'wings'?

A) Charlotte church

B) Northener's lampshade

C) Paul Macartney

'I know..I know!'..running to the phone to activate my 5zillion to 1 chance of being picked from the lucky dip of 'smart folks':roll:

As Barnum & Bailey observed..there's one born every minute.

Macwull
05-Feb-08, 21:39
[QUOTE=karia;335060]Can't believe folks are still buying into this! [QUOTE]

I know!! :lol:

I've never had the urge to enter a phone in quiz, as you say the chances of winning anything are very slim. (esp that quiz call channels etc...)

But for the companies there money spinners. They make masses off money for very little outlay!

Think they should leave them on TV, if your foolish enough to phone then pay the price!!

Maybe the post office network should start having phone in competitions, at least all that money would be well spent on keeping the network operating without any closures!! :D

Buttercup
05-Feb-08, 22:40
Never entered a phone in for over 10 years as I had knowledge of this happening at that time. Now only enter competitions that are free to enter on-line.

matelot79
06-Feb-08, 01:21
Tried one of these phone competitions on a drunken Friday night, just to see if you could get through to the studio. 115 phone calls later (supposed to cut you off after 100) got a message that I had used up call allowance for that day and to try again tomorrow. Got a call 2 days later from a nice man at BT, that this was not within my usual habits and that the number I had called was now barred and I could no longer call it, and I should call a certain number if I wanted the bar lifted. Got the monthly phone bill, £85 instead of under £20. So I would hate to see what other peoples phone bills were, as some of the shows used to have regulars, or maybe it was a fix.

Dusty
06-Feb-08, 09:09

A) Charlotte church

B) Northener's lampshade

C) Paul Macartney

It's not Charlotte Church as that's a building at the corner of the High Street.
Paul McCartney is a character in a Heather Mills fantasy.
So it must be Northener's Lampshade.

Yea, please send me my fortune now Karia. :lol:

sphinx
07-Feb-08, 05:29
thats easy paul macarteny !!!!!!!:Razz

brokencross
07-Feb-08, 08:45
Same sort of announcement was made before, after and during the Richard (I love me, so will you) & Judy (I'm stuck with him) Show.

i do like your logic Dusty, deserves a prize, but sorry the winner was chosen before this thread started, and you will still be charged for your entry.

scorrie
07-Feb-08, 17:30
Can't believe folks are still buying into this!

A) Charlotte church

B) Northener's lampshade

C) Paul Macartney

None of the above are correct. John Lennon and George Harrison are the only two Beatles who have gone Solo with wings ;)

scorrie
07-Feb-08, 17:36
Whilst watching Deal or no Deal yesterday there was an announcement from Ofcom regarding the running of the viewers competition.
The programme was fined £500,000 as some entrants had "diminished chances of winning". This is becoming an all too familiar scenario from people who really should know better by now.
There are calls for this type of competition to be totally banned and would like other Orger views.

As for myself; £500,000--- it is good to see the fines increasing.

Maybe they'll sneak The Banker onto contestants row in an effort to offset the fine. It would certainly make for a quicker game. "OK Noel, it's in box number 18, let's get out of here"