Thick or thin pancakes
what will you be having?

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 19:01
hopefully thin ones lol

kazzii xxxx

orkneylass
05-Feb-08, 19:04
Anything that hold together and does not stick to the pan will do me...

Angela
05-Feb-08, 19:08
Ideally thin ones....but mine usually end up either stuck to the pan or stuck on the ceiling.....:eek: :eek:

chaz
05-Feb-08, 19:10
Thick american style with mapel syrup:) cooking now

unicorn
05-Feb-08, 19:15
none at all :lol:

sphinx
05-Feb-08, 19:17
thick pancakes are the best yum yum lol

justine
05-Feb-08, 19:19
dont like pancakes.........

karia
05-Feb-08, 19:20
Tricky question brew!

Thin for wrapping stuff in..but I'd have thought that was more of a crepe.:confused

Thick as you can when fried in the bacon fat for Sunday breakfast...mmm wicked....but so nice!;)

unicorn
05-Feb-08, 19:43
mmmm I have not had fried pancakes since I stayed with my grandad years ago, he always used to come through at the weekend with a big fry up and fried pancakes :D The scrambled eggs were too much though with a hangover :eek:

cuddlepop
05-Feb-08, 19:45
Tricky question brew!

Thin for wrapping stuff in..but I'd have thought that was more of a crepe.:confused

Thick as you can when fried in the bacon fat for Sunday breakfast...mmm wicked....but so nice!;)

Snap,that's how I like my pancakes too and if truth be told I forgot all about them today.

karia
05-Feb-08, 19:46
Hi unicorn,

I tried it the other week without the bacon fat ...beeg mistake!:eek:

If you are going to rekindle culinary memories you need to go the whole hog.

(pun intended!);)

justine
05-Feb-08, 19:48
took me ages one year to get the thing of the ceiling.Yes i made them for the kids, chucked it up to far and it got stuck...They never let me forget...

karia
05-Feb-08, 19:49
Snap,that's how I like my pancakes too and if truth be told I forgot all about them today.

There's always Sunday CP!;)

......bet you succumb to temptation..or at least the smell of frying bacon.:lol:

cuddlepop
05-Feb-08, 20:10
There's always Sunday CP!;)

......bet you succumb to temptation..or at least the smell of frying bacon
I have two sitting in the bread bin and its pure torture.
They're not fresh eneogh to eat without frying but frying adds even more calories.
Saw a programe whereby Jamie dipped crumpets in the eggy milk mixture and fried them.So tempted to try it with the pancakes.
If I do that all the Special K in the world wont make amends:lol:

davem
05-Feb-08, 20:12
Both
Mmmmm

karia
05-Feb-08, 20:13
I have two sitting in the bread bin and its pure torture.
They're not fresh eneogh to eat without frying but frying adds even more calories.
Saw a programe whereby Jamie dipped crumpets in the eggy milk mixture and fried them.So tempted to try it with the pancakes.
If I do that all the Special K in the world wont make amends:lol:

You could just have one!;)

Cattach
05-Feb-08, 21:19
Just finished three beautiful thin rolled pancakes. One with toffee sauce, one with jam and the third with syrup. All filled nicely rolled immediately after cooking and sprayed with lemon juice and sprinkled with castor sugar - heaven.
Thick Scotch pancakes are OK but not for pancake day and quite a different food from the thin ones. As for the so-called American ones - yuch (sp?).

twiglet
05-Feb-08, 21:46
Had some lovely thin pancakes with sugar, lemon and bramley apple sauce, yum!

kriklah
05-Feb-08, 22:22
had thin, 2 covered in lemon juice and sugar, 2 plastered in golden syrup!!! yummy, and theres still some batter left so may just go back for more once the kids are asleep!!!

Elenna
05-Feb-08, 22:34
Usually I make thick pancakes, but we went with the thin ones tonight for something different...and my kids being older, the ones who wanted to have a go making/cooking/flipping their own got a chance. It was fun, and I think I have at least one up-and-coming pancake expert in the making! ;) We had a whole bunch of fillings and toppings to go in and on them, too, so rather a pancake smorgasborg at our house tonight. :lol:

cuddlepop
05-Feb-08, 22:53
Usually I make thick pancakes, but we went with the thin ones tonight for something different...and my kids being older, the ones who wanted to have a go making/cooking/flipping their own got a chance. It was fun, and I think I have at least one up-and-coming pancake expert in the making! ;) We had a whole bunch of fillings and toppings to go in and on them, too, so rather a pancake smorgasborg at our house tonight. :lol:
You are making me hungry and thats not fair.lol

Elenna
05-Feb-08, 23:02
Aww, Cuddlepop...couldn't you give one of the ones you have a blast of 15-20 seconds in the microwave to freshen it a little, and then fill/top it with some nice, sliced fruit, and maybe a dollop of lowfat youghurt? You could get yourself a little treat that that way, but not be stuck with weeks of Special K afterward. :D

cuddlepop
06-Feb-08, 10:10
Aww, Cuddlepop...couldn't you give one of the ones you have a blast of 15-20 seconds in the microwave to freshen it a little, and then fill/top it with some nice, sliced fruit, and maybe a dollop of lowfat youghurt? You could get yourself a little treat that that way, but not be stuck with weeks of Special K afterward. :D

I gave into the call of the cadbury's flake,wasn't my fault it shouldn't have been in the drawer.;)

Elenna
06-Feb-08, 11:27
I gave into the call of the cadbury's flake,wasn't my fault it shouldn't have been in the drawer.;)

LOL! :lol: Darn it how chocolate has the ability to sneak up on a poor, innocent person like that! I guess it solved the pancake craving, though.

mrsmo
06-Feb-08, 14:06
Oh pancakes, I love them, esp still warm big thick ones with home made jam!! gimme!!

Sapphire2803
06-Feb-08, 15:04
Attention!! Moderators, could you kindly remove this thread as it may be distressing to those on a diet! :lol:

Now, salad be damned, I'm off to stuff myself with the pancakes I managed to stay away from yesterday and bacon too, this bacon fat idea intrigues me.

If the next time I stand on my scales, there's a twanging noise and springs and cogs pop out and boing round the room, I'm blaming you lot!

brew
06-Feb-08, 15:34
Yes, i was wondering about that, cooking them in the bacon fat, whats that all about

cuddlepop
06-Feb-08, 16:24
Stop.

THis is pure torture because I love pancakes.We alwas had an excuse when in college to head to The Pancake Place,sheer bliss:D...ah those where the days when I could eat as much as I liked and still kept the wait off.

Currently munging Rivita Minis,sweet chilli not the same as a stuffed pancake.

Not opening this thread again.;)

Sapphire2803
06-Feb-08, 17:19
Yes, i was wondering about that, cooking them in the bacon fat, whats that all about

Oh, a new food to make me fat! [disgust]

Turns out they're flippin' lovely, I'm now sprawled on the couch as I can't sit up, my trousers have mysteriously shrunk, so I had to open my button and I could do with a snooze!

Zzzzzzzzzz

spurtle
06-Feb-08, 20:07
Take care! Pancakes are dangerous - so many pancake races abandoned for "health & safety reasons" this year - what are these "reasons" I hear you ask? You might slip and fall - a pancake might land on your head - you might inadvertantly bash into someone with a heavy pan could put somebody's eye oot wi that - wow! I never knew we were at such risk in my (distant) youth.
Any other survivors out there?

SNOWDOG
06-Feb-08, 22:34
Hot thin ones, plastered wi butter an jam, then clarted wi custard! :Razz

sassylass
07-Feb-08, 02:04
hey brew, would you edit your poll to include both"? Then I'll be able to vote. Thank you ;)

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-08, 17:23
well i had thin ones, and the ones i tried to cook turned out to be disasters, so i got mum to them, well they we king of pancakes lol, and as they turned out so bad we going to be having them tonight, decided the mixture was to thin on tuesday so its thicker for tonight,

kazzii xxxx

Ralph Henderson
08-Feb-08, 03:07
Thick or thin, all pancakes are good. But don't give up because they stick to the pan (or ceiling). The secret's in having the pan hot enough to form bouncing balls of water (not just a sizzle) when you drop a sprinkle or two of the H2o on it, and to use only a slight film of oil. Try putting a small amount of oil on a thick pad of folded paper napkin (careful, don't burn your pinkies) and wipe the pan lightly with it. They'll stick no more!

dessie
13-Mar-09, 11:01
MADE 8 YESTURDAY.
plenty of butter lemon juice.and sugar .omg a can make beautiful Pancakes..thin ..thin..thin..:Razz

oldmarine
14-Mar-09, 00:21
I like both whether thick or thin. :roll:

teenybash
14-Mar-09, 00:39
Pancakes I bake a lot of.....sometimes I like them thick but, other times I like them thin. They are great when someone pops in unexpectedly as they only take minutes to make............trouble is they are sometimes eaten as fast as they come off the gridldle!!!!:Razz