PDA

View Full Version : pancake day!

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 18:07
i realised about 10 minutes ago its pancake day today! im having pancakes for my dinner ( as long as i can find a recipe and make them and they taste okay lol)

anybody else going to be having pancakes for their dinner tonight?

kazzii xxxx

changilass
05-Feb-08, 18:10
Drat and double drat, no blooming eggs in the place

alanatkie
05-Feb-08, 18:10
It's e bairns birthday so he gets to choose dinner, we are having Crispy pancakes :lol: & then for pudding Scotch pancakes :)

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 18:12
Drat and double drat, no blooming eggs in the place

hehe i take it you forgot to?

lucky bairn! cant forget pancake day in your house then!

im hoeping i make nice pancakes, im used to my dad making them and they were always lovely, i know i can cook, but this is a challenge you only get to practise once a year! this is my first! owell if mum and i have bad stumochs tomorow, we either ate to many or they were dodgy lol

kazzii xxxx

alanatkie
05-Feb-08, 18:16
It's no pancake day every year tho, just this one as Pancake Day is 40 days before Easter so it changes every year. lol im sure you will manage just fine with making your pancakes.

brew
05-Feb-08, 18:19
My dad told me the secret to cooking a good pancake

Make the mix and leave it in the fridge a few hours before hand.

Give it a good mix again to get some air in it and when cooking it wait till there are lots of little bubbles and they start popping.
Don’t touch it till they start popping

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 18:23
yea i remember my dad saying that to me, i used to ask hi why he left it so long i always used to say but the mixtures done cant we have them now.

unfortunatly we havent enough eggs and milk in the house for me to do the mixture now, so mum has to go and get some after work, so wont get to do the mixture until about half7 then i will only get to leave it bout an hour, will still be good.

and i certainly wont be flipping pancakes, last time i did that my pancake became dog food!

kazzii xxxxx

Tighsonas4
05-Feb-08, 18:37
go on yfn see if they stick ok to the ceiling then the dog cant get them lol

bekisman
05-Feb-08, 18:40
Drat ! - just read this.. got Nasi goreng on the go, never mind

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 18:47
go on yfn see if they stick ok to the ceiling then the dog cant get them lol

neither will i! i wont even reach it with a broom lol our ceiling to high! i can chuck them up its the catching them thats the problem!

awww no bekisman, atleast i know im not the only one that forgets these things

kazzii xxxx

chaz
05-Feb-08, 19:12
yes pancakes cooking now, :)

Thumper
05-Feb-08, 19:58
I made a dozen and turned round to do the dishes....all gone! :eek: pity they wont eat their veggies as quickly ;) x

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 20:15
hehe pancakes do seem to go down well with most kids, especialy with alot of sugar and lemon juice yummmmyyy :)

kazzii xxxx

karia
05-Feb-08, 20:18
Drat ! - just read this.. got Nasi goreng on the go, never mind

If the Nasi goreng is from Lidl......you'll be having pancakes!:lol:

Mik.M.
05-Feb-08, 20:20
You missed your chance Neep,we`re having pancakes in about 10 mins. We will be thinking of you when we tuck in. Mmmmmm

bekisman
05-Feb-08, 20:49
It's getting worse!
"A traditional pancake race has fallen flat after it was cancelled due to health and safety regulations"
What ever next? (and Yes, you're right Karia)

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/7227897.stm

helenwyler
05-Feb-08, 21:03
Just had some with my daughter. When OH gets home he'll want to do his own.

We have different styles...I'm a flipper and he's a tosser;).

unicorn
05-Feb-08, 21:09
Just had some with my daughter. When OH gets home he'll want to do his own.

We have different styles...I'm a flipper and he's a tosser;).
what an awful thing to call your other half [lol]

helenwyler
05-Feb-08, 21:20
what an awful thing to call your other half

He's used to it unicorn;)...but he truly is superb at tossing pancakes, and I am only good at scraping them off the floor:(.

Bobinovich
05-Feb-08, 22:19
Well I missed out on my pancakes - remembered too late and had already eaten.

However on a previous year I do remember my OH deciding to treat me and also deducing that a single batch of batter probably wouldn't go a long way, so a double batch was made!

I tucked in, initially with glee, but after about a fifteen I decided I'd had enough :eek:, despite there being plenty more batter left.

BTW I like mine with orange/lemon juices & a sprinkling of sugar!

karia
05-Feb-08, 22:22
It's getting worse!
"A traditional pancake race has fallen flat after it was cancelled due to health and safety regulations"
What ever next? (and Yes, you're right Karia)

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/7227897.stm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/7227897.stm)

Sorry to hear that mate!

Once bitten.;)

mccaugm
05-Feb-08, 22:32
:lol:Kids reminded me, so found a Delia Smiths recipe.
It said the batter would make 12 -14....I managed 4. Had to make a second lot. Yummy though! Chocolate spread, squeezed lemon and sugar, jam and marmalade. Mmmmm must make them again at the weekend.

Elenna
05-Feb-08, 22:43
I hope you enjoy your pancakes, Neep! :) We had piles of them at our house tonight.