PDA

View Full Version : download festival 08

cmack
05-Feb-08, 15:38
whos going?!
few bands announced last night,

Kiss and Motorhead announced today! looking like its gona be good!

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/ thats the official site with all the bands so far.

im just hoping that it doesn't mean lostprophets are headling on the sunday and not either motorhead, kiss or judas priest!

Deemac
05-Feb-08, 17:04
Jeez, Kiss, Judas Priest & Motorhead (I remember these bands strutting their stuff 25 years ago!!) Are they on life support machines yet?

Once saw Motorhead in the Apollo in Glasgow (still got a sore neck . . . . . . ):D Round about the time of "The Ace of Spades"

moncur
05-Feb-08, 18:50
Got ma RIP ticket in December! Was there last year with the Big Mac and his party hat and the Peavey Surfboard. Man we looked cool lol

the_big_mac
05-Feb-08, 20:07
Got ma RIP ticket in December! Was there last year with the Big Mac and his party hat and the Peavey Surfboard. Man we looked cool lol

Well if thats the three headliners im afraid my hat and surfboard will be staying in the cupboard this year.

Live nation can not surely be telling us that thats the most attractive three bands at the UK's only rock and metal festival? And probably the most famous in the world. It looks more like a line up fit for Reading. For the exception of Judas Priest their is nothing worth seeing there for a metal fan like me.

Seriously disappointed.

johns.exe
07-Feb-08, 05:56
yeah, ill be going. :}!

The offspring have me there already :D

Boozeburglar
08-Feb-08, 20:05
Jeez, Kiss, Judas Priest & Motorhead (I remember these bands strutting their stuff 25 years ago!!) Are they on life support machines yet?

Once saw Motorhead in the Apollo in Glasgow (still got a sore neck . . . . . . ):D Round about the time of "The Ace of Spades"

I never saw Jeez.

If they are, as you say, contemporaries of all these old farts and thus also of the mighty Rush, my attendance at Download is assured.

Rock ON!