PDA

View Full Version : Poor Molly

lady penelope
05-Feb-08, 11:20
I get terribly attached to my animals and treat them like children.

Molly the hamster is sick and wheezy and I'm scared to take her to the vet in case they can't do anything for her. She is so trusting and when I take her cage down she comes out, as if to tell me she's not so bad.

I wish she would just magically get better.

angela5
05-Feb-08, 11:44
I took my Hamster to the Vet last week and there was nothing they could do except offer to put her to sleep. Old age they said.:~(

lady penelope
05-Feb-08, 12:22
That's terrible, that is what I fear for Molly. I keep checking on her and she keeps popping out. She normally sleeps all day and gets up late afternoon.

nanoo
05-Feb-08, 12:54
Sounds like a case for our healing light again lady penelope, so it's switched on and heading your way from many directions i've no doubt. I do hope Molly just has a little doze of the sniffles and will be back to normal soon. Please keep us up to date about her lady penelope.:)

Liz
05-Feb-08, 14:01
I totally understand how you feel but really think you need to be brave and take Molly to the Vets.
It may just be an infection which they can treat but, if not, the poor wee soul may be suffering and you don't want that.
Healing light coming Mollys way!

justine
05-Feb-08, 14:26
Oh hun.you poor thing...But you must get it to the vets. I know what it is like to be attached to animals.I had a hamster when i was 17 and he broke his leg.The vet could not help him and he had to be oput to sleep.I cried my heart out for days...They are like our children and should be loved and treated the same....Hope he gets better....:(

lauraspetportraits
05-Feb-08, 15:52
Take her down the vets - even if they can't do anything you can still bring Molly home again - she's your Hamster and ultimately you know better than the vet how much she's suffering and when it's her time to go. And it might just be a simple respiratory infection that they can treat with antibiotics. Good Luck

lady penelope
06-Feb-08, 17:24
Molly seems much better today. Her antibiotics are working really well and she's not struggling for breath any more. Many thanks for your kind thoughts. :)

Phoenix200416
06-Feb-08, 18:09
I was just reading this thread, sorry I missed it :)

Pleased that Molly is feeling better. I'm sure she will be back to her usual self in no time :D

Liz
06-Feb-08, 19:14
Molly seems much better today. Her antibiotics are working really well and she's not struggling for breath any more. Many thanks for your kind thoughts. :)

I am really delighted that Molly is responding to treatment. What a relief!