PDA

View Full Version : how rich would you like to be....

justine
04-Feb-08, 17:08
I am asking this as last night i was searching the web in connection to mel gibson Now theres a man that has a load of cash..He has bought an island of fiji for 15m, and he gives the sums of 14m to charity, 10 to another..He bought a house for 12m and sold it for 40m, can we be too rich..
I would love just 22m, that would sort us nicely..How about you....

unicorn
04-Feb-08, 17:11
I would be the richest person in the world without money and just the ones I love surrounding me.

justine
04-Feb-08, 17:12
I would be the richest person in the world without money and just the ones I love surrounding me.

i hear you there.....:)

changilass
04-Feb-08, 17:15
I want enough money for a blue tractor for the wee man and a red baby digger for me, hubby wants a bigger house with enough land for me and the bairn to be able to play out on our new toys. :lol:

karia
04-Feb-08, 17:16
I'm not really interested in being rich...no ambition!:roll:

I was poor for a time and at present I am 'comfortably off' but far from wealthy.. however I can't imagine more money would make me happier than I am now.

Though a boat would be nice!;)

danc1ngwitch
04-Feb-08, 18:23
Within myself, ermmmm, let me see, i can look past the material things. Naaaa, I'm happy as i am, i have all my children and i feel love, i'm rich enough x

Sapphire2803
04-Feb-08, 18:38

Within myself, ermmmm, let me see, i can look past the material things. Naaaa, I'm happy as i am, i have all my children and i feel love, i'm rich enough x

Well, by those standards, I'm loaded :)

Unfortunately that doesn't wash with the credit card companies, so if anyone has a spare million lying about, I'll give it a good home

justine
04-Feb-08, 18:50
Well, by those standards, I'm loaded :)

Unfortunately that doesn't wash with the credit card companies, so if anyone has a spare million lying about, I'll give it a good home

Then i am richer than i thought...I have the love of 9 wonderful kids and my dear hubby...so i will have to do with what i have cause i cant see me getting any richer....

karia
04-Feb-08, 18:53
Then i am richer than i thought...I have the love of 9 wonderful kids and my dear hubby...so i will have to do with what i have cause i cant see me getting any richer....

...wonderful kid no. 10?;)

justine
04-Feb-08, 19:00
...wonderful kid no. 10?;)

Absolutely,of course, why not...I always wanted 10 and i think i should fullfill my dream..When I am not sure,but before i am 40 so i best hurry up....

bobandag16
04-Feb-08, 19:27
I am asking this as last night i was searching the web in connection to mel gibson Now theres a man that has a load of cash..He has bought an island of fiji for 15m, and he gives the sums of 14m to charity, 10 to another..He bought a house for 12m and sold it for 40m, can we be too rich..
I would love just 22m, that would sort us nicely..How about you....
rich in health. money cannot buy. would just give away. wealth is for the young.:D:D

sphinx
04-Feb-08, 19:34
ghee a tenner and ile b happy:lol:

karia
04-Feb-08, 19:38
Last weeks paper's featured a chap in his 50's who won about 19 million on the lottery..but he has a condition which means his brain could aneurism at any point leaving him with a 1 in 10 chance of survival and only that if surgery is administered immediately and so he has to be near a hospital at all times......Also, if it were operated on now., before it occurs...the same 1 in 10 chances exist...so he can't even buy himself a surgeon to save him.

What good is money to him?:confused

Thumper
04-Feb-08, 19:49
Money cant buy you happiness or love or life,it can of course make it a little easier!I would like to be "comfortable" and not have to worry how I am going to afford to buy kids clothes,shoes and pay all the bills but thats all i would need,my life is rich enough with all the wonderful friends I have and my great kids x

karia
04-Feb-08, 19:57
Well said Thumps!

I woudnae trade you for mega ££££££'s...

...though a voucher for Labourtaine shoes???;)

...eech..na ....You still win hands down Hun!:lol:

Thumper
04-Feb-08, 20:00
*blush* ta very much sweetcheeks! x

karia
04-Feb-08, 20:04
*blush* ta very much sweetcheeks! x

See!..... Where would money buy me the friendship of a blushing bunny...and one of such exemplary breeding.:D

orkneylass
04-Feb-08, 20:10
I think I am a lucky person rich in many things, comfortable financially but not rich. £100,000 to pay off the mortgage and cover the cost of doing up an old cottage on our land would be great though!

ciderally
04-Feb-08, 21:58
think i could manage a lotto win somehow .....xx

Bobinovich
04-Feb-08, 22:06
I'm with Orkneylass on this one - enough to pay off the mortgage, loan, cards, etc., a good party for family & friends, and a once-in-a-lifetime family holiday. I reckon £100k would do it for me!

miranda
04-Feb-08, 22:14
money can only buy material things not love or happiness both of wich i have lots of:D

Angela
05-Feb-08, 11:23
Money cant buy you happiness or love or life,it can of course make it a little easier!I would like to be "comfortable" and not have to worry how I am going to afford to buy kids clothes,shoes and pay all the bills but thats all i would need,my life is rich enough with all the wonderful friends I have and my great kids x

I'm with you there, Thumps! I think that happiness comes from within ourselves and from learning to enjoy and make the most of what we've got -our health, our families and friends.:D

Having to worry about money can be very stressful though and can detract from even the simple pleasures of daily life. It's hard to feel very calm and cheerful when the main thing on your mind is how you pay the next bill.

I hope you'll be a much more 'comfortable' bunny before long! :)

Julia
05-Feb-08, 13:39
I'd like just enough to design and have built my own home which of course would be as 'green' as possible, and I'd like a decent car that's economical.

young_fishin_neep
05-Feb-08, 14:28
we have been discussing this in college today, i have to say i would just like to be comfortable, make sure i had enough so mum was happy, maybe even buy a house and not have to get a mortgage and go on a nice holiday, money cant buy happieness, thats what our friends and family are for and as long as my friends and family are around i feel like the richest person alive!

kazzii xxxxxx

orkneylass
05-Feb-08, 18:58
we have been discussing this in college today, i have to say i would just like to be comfortable, make sure i had enough so mum was happy, maybe even buy a house and not have to get a mortgage and go on a nice holiday, money cant buy happieness, thats what our friends and family are for and as long as my friends and family are around i feel like the richest person alive!

kazzii xxxxxx

You've hit the nail on the head in some ways - to be debt/ mortgage free nowadays is to be rich enough!

Alice in Blunderland
05-Feb-08, 19:03
I can answer this question with one word

Filthy

:lol::lol:

Liz
05-Feb-08, 19:52
I can answer this question with one word

Filthy

:lol::lol:

Hee hee! I'm with you there!
I agree with the sentiments expressed that health, family and friends are more important but having enough money to never have to worry about bills again and not have to keep saying 'I canna afford it' would be great!
Money doesn't make you happy but lack of it can make you unhappy.

Alice in Blunderland
05-Feb-08, 19:58
Hee hee! I'm with you there!
I agree with the sentiments expressed that health, family and friends are more important but having enough money to never have to worry about bills again and not have to keep sayin 'I canna afford it' would be great!
Money doesn't make you happy but lack of it can make you unhappy.

I have to say I agree with you on this. Money isnt everything but it helps life run a little easier.

DeHaviLand
06-Feb-08, 00:08
I just need enough to buy a house and a wummin. But as I need a decent house, I'd settle for a cheap wummin;). Like I did with the last 2:roll:

Julia
06-Feb-08, 18:16
I just need enough to buy a house and a wummin. But as I need a decent house, I'd settle for a cheap wummin. Like I did with the last 2

If you're having wummin then I'd like to increase my initial richness level to find a mail order man ;)

oldmarine
07-Feb-08, 05:43

Just rich enough to stay out of debt.

:roll::lol:

Andrew C
07-Feb-08, 16:41
Personally, I'm happy with my £6k a year. Having said that, I'd imagine that there would be a lot of good you could do with a good million a year!

mrsmo
08-Feb-08, 16:45
well if I did by some remote chance get a big lotto win I would end up giving most of it away and keep enough to be comfortable and give up work. theres a lot of charitys, family and friends that would benefit.

scorrie
08-Feb-08, 18:07
I'd like just enough to design and have built my own home which of course would be as 'green' as possible,

I priced up several Greenhouses and they're quite reasonable ;)

Venture
08-Feb-08, 19:10
Look at the size of tonight's Euro Millions Jackpot . £95 million. One person could never spend that in a lifetime well I suppose they could give a lot of it away but why can't they just agree to have 95 winners at 1 milllion each. Look how many people would benefit from it.

karia
08-Feb-08, 21:11
I priced up several Greenhouses and they're quite reasonable ;)

People in glasshouses shouldn't lob funnies!:lol: