PDA

View Full Version : Newbies on the org...

justine
04-Feb-08, 15:33
Sorry that was supposed to say newbies on the org............Ok so now that i have my questioning head on i would like to know how many newbies have we on the org. And also what the heck has happened to all the oldies....Or have they just changed name and deleted their old ones...;)

Rie
04-Feb-08, 15:44
hi, im a newbie (joined last week) and love it:Razz

bekisman
04-Feb-08, 16:05
Justine "And also what the heck has happened to all the oldies..." well, had a quick look and a few that have disappeared; landmarker, yvonne, DW, willowbankbear, cocoa, patsy, pultneytooner,
dreadnought, coolio, arikara, mamabear, dozerboy, tillygirl, donnas, connieB18.. And suspended at the moment; bingobabe, fred, ice box, kaishowing, melted wellie, moonshadow..

I was there too once (suspended) but sticking with it, and hopefully contributing to the forum, with me bits and pieces.. Fred hopefully back soon, as although did not really ever agree with him it was lively!

Anyway, welcome to the newbies!

justine
04-Feb-08, 16:24
was wondering what happened to fred...as for the rest well they have there reasons for not being here, but there are alot that write the same things and you just know they were someone else at one time.I have always been me,i never wanted to become an annonymous...

unicorn
04-Feb-08, 16:26
I never noticed connie was missing??? :eek:

garrioch
04-Feb-08, 16:39
im new here, hey

justine
04-Feb-08, 16:48
im new here, hey

Then many welcomes to you garrioch...We have not been properly introduced...:lol:

silverfox57
04-Feb-08, 21:27
ni joined the newbie list today.received a very warm welcome.thanks:D

Tighsonas4
04-Feb-08, 22:12
hi justine
do you mean old in years or in membership??by the way maybe this is a
good thread to ask what makes a member an orger
regards tony

Thumper
04-Feb-08, 22:20
Tony, 75 posts and you will be a . orger hun...not far to go now! ;) x

Cinderella's Shoe
04-Feb-08, 22:23
Well I'm kind of new. Been around for ever and browsed but never joined until late last year. Its fun.

miranda
04-Feb-08, 22:24
think it is so many posts within so many months but not sure on the exact amounts but i cant wait til i get an avatar!!!!!!!!

karia
04-Feb-08, 22:27
think it is so many posts within so many months but not sure on the exact amounts but i cant wait til i get an avatar!!!!!!!!

Miranda..when that day comes..we'll all need our seatbelts!

Cannae wait girl!;)

justine
04-Feb-08, 22:37
hi justine
do you mean old in years or in membership??by the way maybe this is a
good thread to ask what makes a member an orger
regards tony

I meant old time orgers, not their ages...Well as for what makes a orger, except for posts IMO is, honesty, fun,opinions,justified comments and wisdom.Not jumping on peoples backs for getting a spelling mistake or even an opinion on a thread...

I know some of the newbies are old time orgers under new names,like i have said before it is easy to change your name but it is harder to change your personality..It shines through the names. maybe people changed their names for more reasons than none.. i am just curious as to what kind of threads people enjoy reading or writing about...

miranda
04-Feb-08, 22:39
ahh ..karia being the quiet :roll:shy :roll:type(lol im not sure our friend will agree) I am sure to choose something to suit my bashful personality.

karia
04-Feb-08, 22:47
ahh ..karia being the quiet shy :roll:type(lol im not sure our friend will agree) I am sure to choose something to suit my bashful personality.

I will design you something hun!;)

cazmanian_minx
06-Feb-08, 11:33
I'm new-ish - been reading for years, but only recently had an email address that would allow me to sign up!

Flair
06-Feb-08, 14:07
I know some of the newbies are old time orgers under new names,like i have said before it is easy to change your name but it is harder to change your personality..It shines through the names.

Very true. I know from experience. Coming back to a place after 5+ years of inactivity isn't easy. It's a bumpy road. Things change. It's like going on holiday and coming home to a different town. You don't recognise anybody, all familiar faces are gone. You don't know how things are run anymore, what is done or what has changed.

True, you can adapt to a new enviornment. But first you must know it, and to know it, you must learn it, and to learn it, you must unlearn the old one. Something which I have not been able to do yet.

justine
06-Feb-08, 17:03
Very true. I know from experience. Coming back to a place after 5+ years of inactivity isn't easy. It's a bumpy road. Things change. It's like going on holiday and coming home to a different town. You don't recognise anybody, all familiar faces are gone. You don't know how things are run anymore, what is done or what has changed.

True, you can adapt to a new enviornment. But first you must know it, and to know it, you must learn it, and to learn it, you must unlearn the old one. Something which I have not been able to do yet.

Cant imagine what that must be like.I grew up in the army no stability and trying to fit in, but being the type of person i am i find it easy to adapt to many changes...
You will get there Flair, just keep at it....

Tighsonas4
06-Feb-08, 20:55
what is the requirements to have an avatar anyway???

Thumper
06-Feb-08, 20:58
When you become an orger Tony then you can have an avatar...you dont have far to go so start looking ;) x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Feb-08, 22:42
Newbie or older.Hey,the world of forums.I have two.This one.............and as Yoda said in Star Wars "There is another".In my other one I'm known as.......John Smith,nice bitter.:D

Tighsonas4
06-Feb-08, 22:53
When you become an orger Tony then you can have an avatar...you dont have far to go so start looking ;) x
when you look at the moment it says there none available [lol]

miranda
06-Feb-08, 23:06
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=26877

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13352 (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13352)

try them tigs

justine
07-Feb-08, 00:08

I do believe you have to become an orger(written under your name).You have member..Just keep posting and it will change soon enough...

Metalattakk
07-Feb-08, 04:05

I think choosing a pronounceable username is one of them...;)

Boozeburglar
07-Feb-08, 04:17
Yeah, well we could do with some more stutter friendly names on here too Mr. Met.... equality and all that.

;)

Metalattakk
07-Feb-08, 04:29
Fairy snuff. ;)

I'll have to enrol you into the 'Metalattakk School Of Syllablisation', perhaps...

sphinx
07-Feb-08, 05:23
i think u got to have over a 150 post i think!!!!!!!