PDA

View Full Version : houses behind elmtree

bobbyrussell09
03-Feb-08, 18:19
does anyone know what those boarded housing was used for.i have went past it lots of times heading to work at tesco and i got asked what was there and i have no idea can anyone help

sam
03-Feb-08, 18:22
didnt part of it used to be autoparts or something like that:confused

Lucy
03-Feb-08, 18:22
The large building that is boarded up used to be a car parts and car service shop called Pentland Auto. it closed up a lot of years ago and never been sold or leased since. i would think the place is now in such disrepair that it would need to be demolished before anything could be done with the land.

johnlc
03-Feb-08, 18:23
:)am sure there was once a carpet store there years ago but nae quite sure

bobbyrussell09
03-Feb-08, 18:34
Wasnt sure. just think its a shame seeing all these boarded up buildings around wick! so much potential but just now it looks a mess!

johno
03-Feb-08, 18:56
The large building that is boarded up used to be a car parts and car service shop called Pentland Auto. it closed up a lot of years ago and never been sold or leased since. i would think the place is now in such disrepair that it would need to be demolished before anything could be done with the land.
heard year,s ago, that building was originally MacKewan.s Furniture factory.
rumour has it that the caithness county council is moving there from the market place. ??
ask your counciller,s

Dog-eared
03-Feb-08, 23:54
It was Pentland Auto many years ago