PDA

View Full Version : Back to the "Buddy/Ignore" lists

Lolabelle
03-Feb-08, 08:12
I was just thinking about how good it would be to be on someones "ignore" list. You can say anything you like about them, and they would never know...[lol]

But I'm too much of a busy body to want to miss out! :eek:

DeHaviLand
03-Feb-08, 11:46
Yes, but you're forgetting something. Its Caithness, they would know within 5 minutes;)

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 11:54
LOL nice one DeHaviLand!all too true :roll: x

justine
03-Feb-08, 16:20
does it really bother people if they are on someones ignore list. I can imagine i am on a few and i am not sure if anyone has put me on their buddie list, But then i dont mind either way.I enjoy reading all posts.I have to say that i do have one person on ignore list but then i got sick of recieving filthy jokes from them in pm,sit was the only way to stop them coming through as my children could have read them...:confused

nanoo
03-Feb-08, 16:26
Oohhhh Justine, of course you are on some folks buddy list, what, with that wee bundle of joy KJ, who could afford NOT to have you on there buddy list girl.;)

justine
03-Feb-08, 16:37
Oohhhh Justine, of course you are on some folks buddy list, what, with that wee bundle of joy KJ, who could afford NOT to have you on there buddy list girl.;)
Well thank you nanoo..i would hope that i would be on lists because of me not KJ, but if thats the way it is i can except it, i am an adult i can take it....:(

scorrie
03-Feb-08, 16:38
There is nobody on my Ignore list. There is nobody on my Buddy list either. All orgers are equal to me, I don't know any of them well enough to totally shun them, OR to put "my arm around them" either.

Julia
03-Feb-08, 17:35
I've a couple on my 'ignore list' but luckily more on the buddy list ;). I think it's great being able to block rubbish I don't want to read.

scorrie
03-Feb-08, 18:16
I've a couple on my 'ignore list' but luckily more on the buddy list ;). I think it's great being able to block rubbish I don't want to read.

Just a bit curious here. Why would you put someone on your Buddy list? Would it be because you know them and them you?, or would it be because they held similar views to you?, is it simply because you think they talk a lot of sense and/or enjoy their posts?

I wonder if Buddy lists are like Christmas card lists, in that some people may be subject to removal? I could just imagine a scenario where someone said something that was against the grain and it resulted in a deletion. Would you also be more likely to tolerate a comment you disagreed with, if it came from someone on your Buddy list?

I honestly couldn't put someone on a list and leave other users excluded. To me, that is the first step towards Clique City.

justine
03-Feb-08, 18:28
have to agre with scorrie, it does seem like a christmas card list.I imagine people annoying someone and being struck off....I dont have a buddy list but unfortunaley as explained i had to put one person on my ignore list.I did not want to do this as i do see all equal unless stated otherwise...

But then it is up to the individual if they decide to use the lists. No-one would have ever thought of it if it had not have been available, they would just not speak or post on a thread of people they do not like....I now i dont.There are some i have no time for but i just dont post or read their threads, unless it is a good thread....

karia
03-Feb-08, 18:30
Us 'womenfolk' are more likely to pm back and forth in a sort of conversation style and it's handy to know when people you have developed a good rapport with are on line (whether that be because you find they share similar opinions or you simply enjoy their particular brand of wit etc.)

Your buddy list shows you quickly who is about at any point that you may have formed a pleasing conversational relationship with over time.

Women like to communicate..dontcha know!;)

Billy Boy
03-Feb-08, 19:40
I was once told by one of the " i am perfect brigade" that they were putting me on their ignore list, basically for not agreeing with them,:lol: which really made my day.
btw, i have no one on my ignore/buddy list as there is no one on here that important :Razz

unicorn
03-Feb-08, 19:44
mr bb no biccies for you next xmas :~(
Although I must say I have never used the buddy or ignore list either. I can see the point in ignore if someones posts really get your back up or if you want to stop pm's from them but the buddy list I see no real point in.

Billy Boy
03-Feb-08, 20:15
[quote=unicorn;333842]mr bb no biccies for you next xmas

aw well i'll get 20p off mrs BB next xmas and go to lidl's myself then lol :Razz :lol:

unicorn
03-Feb-08, 20:30
It's the thought that counts :Razz

Angela
03-Feb-08, 22:12
Just a bit curious here. Why would you put someone on your Buddy list? Would it be because you know them and them you?, or would it be because they held similar views to you?, is it simply because you think they talk a lot of sense and/or enjoy their posts?

I wonder if Buddy lists are like Christmas card lists, in that some people may be subject to removal? I could just imagine a scenario where someone said something that was against the grain and it resulted in a deletion. Would you also be more likely to tolerate a comment you disagreed with, if it came from someone on your Buddy list?

I honestly couldn't put someone on a list and leave other users excluded. To me, that is the first step towards Clique City.

I'm in total agreement with you, scorrie. I've mentioned on another thread that I don't have an ignore list, and my buddy list exists only in my head! ;)

There are quite a few Orgers I think of as real friends, although we've never met. I'm in touch with them fairly often by PM, and other means, as and when the mood takes us, but why would I need a list to remind me who they are? If they're not online...well, they'll get my PM, email, or whatever when they next are online, and they'll reply, or not, when they have time/feel like it - I don't expect them to be standing to attention waiting for my communications! :lol:

When I first joined the Org, I thought the idea of cliques a bit paranoid. I think very differently now, sadly.

Tristan
03-Feb-08, 23:34
There is nobody on my Ignore list. There is nobody on my Buddy list either. All orgers are equal to me, I don't know any of them well enough to totally shun them, OR to put "my arm around them" either.

I feel much the same. I would add that there have been some people that I have had issues with and I could put them on ignore but I am finding it much more fun watching them continue to make some of their daft postings. [lol]

changilass
04-Feb-08, 00:37
I did put someone on the ignore list once but found it was a waste of time as others kept quoting the posts, don't bother with the ignore list now.

JAWS
04-Feb-08, 05:22
I am one of the "never used it" crowd. Does anybody know if the "Ignore" list would put a stop to somebody from PMing you.
If it does then I can see a use for it if you were being bombarded with PMs from somebody who was just being rather a pain as a method of stopping that kind of thing.
Oh, and I'm thinking in terms of somebody who is not going as far as to actually break any rules that you could complain about but someone who is more of a persistent irritation than a serious problem.

When it comes to Threads then I would think that having somebody on an "Ignore" list would make some threads very disjointed. I would think that seeing several people respond to a point when you have "Ignored" it's poster and have no idea what was originally said could be very confusing to say the least.

That's just a personal view, if others find it useful then they'll get no complaints from me. One day I could find myself having a need for it but I've just not found myself in that position yet.

Lolabelle
04-Feb-08, 06:56
As I'm not really sure how the ignore thing works, I am going to experiment and see what happens. If you can't see the ignore - ant posts, then can you see when they start a thread????? I have heard that you can see when they are quoted, so I will do a controlled study and answer all my ignore/buddy list options. :Razz

PS, I do have a few folk on my buddy list, only because I can quickly spot if they are online when I log onto the org. Other than that.... doesn't do me much good at all. :eek:

Lolabelle
04-Feb-08, 07:14
Well I tried putting someone on my ignore list, and their threads were still visible, but the post weren't.

Next, I am going to try putting myself on my ignore list. :eek:

You cant put yourself on the ignore list, pity, lol. I would like to ignore myself sometimes.

Elenna
04-Feb-08, 11:06
You cant put yourself on the ignore list, pity, lol. I would like to ignore myself sometimes.

:lol: Lolabelle, I know exactly what you mean. LOL