PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Truckers

Ricco
02-Feb-08, 19:13
Has anyone else been watching this new series? What an amazing bunch those drivers are! The pay must be fantastic to tempt them to take such risks. Great camaderie, though. :D

cuddlepop
02-Feb-08, 19:23
We'd have loved to watch it but cant get channel 5.

Looks an amazing programe:D

Thumper
02-Feb-08, 19:25
I watch it, it is amazing!x

Chligh
02-Feb-08, 19:28
That programme was fantastic - it must be really spooky for the drivers!

young_fishin_neep
02-Feb-08, 19:30
i missed it, does anybody know if its guna be repeated?

kazzii xxxxx

Thumper
02-Feb-08, 19:31
neep it was repeated today at 12..sorry! x

young_fishin_neep
02-Feb-08, 19:32
ochhhh nooo, will it be on again do ya think?

kazzii xx

Thumper
02-Feb-08, 19:33
not sure Hun but if you google it, I think you can see bits of the programme on the website....dont take my word for that tho lol x

young_fishin_neep
02-Feb-08, 19:38
lol ive come across a site were i can stream films and tv programes willl have to see if its on there, thanks anyway hon xxxx

skinnydog
02-Feb-08, 20:02
I'm sure that i saw a stevens lorry in the tail back to get up a big hill on last nights program.
Everywhere you go you will see a steven's lorry.

unicorn
02-Feb-08, 21:13
I really have to use my programme reminder, I saw the advert and thought it looked good but yet another one I have missed :lol:

south view 7
02-Feb-08, 21:15
ochhhh nooo, will it be on again do ya think?

kazzii xx
It"s a series of ten, on again on wednesday.

bekisman
02-Feb-08, 21:31
Is this NEW series as watched it months ago on Discovery?

south view 7
02-Feb-08, 21:42
Is this NEW series as watched it months ago on Discovery?
We dont all have discovery.

Gizmo
02-Feb-08, 21:57
Fantastic series, well worth watching, caught the series last year when it premiered on the History Channel, not the Discovery Channel as someone said.

Those are some tough guys working those roads, i dont mind working in the cold, but -50.....not on your nelly :)

cuddlepop
02-Feb-08, 22:22
Its not on chanel 5 listings to watch on line.:(

bekisman
02-Feb-08, 23:34
You're right I think it was the History Channel (Got sky+ as sooner or later we lose TV - as no digital out here) But yes interesting series especially when 'TJ' does... whoops better not spoil it!

98elite
02-Feb-08, 23:44
We'd have loved to watch it but cant get channel 5.

Looks an amazing programe:D

This link will give you an insight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qICEb5D9EFY

bekisman
03-Feb-08, 00:09
And here: http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers (http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers)

cullbucket
03-Feb-08, 01:12
I am planning to drive on an ice road on Monday to go see a job we are doing.... this is a quite safe one, only goes over rivers, it is the one that goes over the sea that worries me....

dandod
03-Feb-08, 01:57
i watched it they are very brave. i could not do it. even though they make a years wafes in that 60 days.

percy toboggan
03-Feb-08, 09:52
I watched it and enjoyed it for very fact of what they're doing.
No amount of money would tempt me to do that on a regular basis.
I'm not too keen on the overly macho and competitive nature of the guys rapport though...I don't see too much cameraderie extending beyond the mutual interest of inflating the pay-cheque.

I will watch again.

i nicolson
03-Feb-08, 13:54
ice road truckers on friday 8 pm channel 5 not wednesday

Thumper
03-Feb-08, 13:55
they are on Wed and Fri and repeated Sat at 12 and Sun at 11 am x

Ricco
03-Feb-08, 15:42
i missed it, does anybody know if its guna be repeated?

kazzii xxxxx
Hi, young Neep. It is on every week for the moment.

twiglet
03-Feb-08, 16:05
Saw this weeks episode, wouldn't like their job much, however necessary and lucrative.

percy toboggan
03-Feb-08, 16:46
Saw this weeks episode, wouldn't like their job much, however necessary and lucrative.
some might argue that save for the use of diamonds in some industrial processes and marginal medical use their jobs are not at all necessary.
Of course the mine puts jam on a few peoples bread but....
Could the world, I wonder survive without newly excavated diamonds?
Just a thought. I'm not an expert on diamonds, or anything else to be honest.

JAWS
04-Feb-08, 09:20
Using that argument we didn't need to move out of our nice comfortable caves in the first place. Anything other than basic shelter, warmth, water and food are not really necessary.
The world would certainly manage without the rest, but it wouldn't be the sort of place I would want to live, I would probably die of boredom very rapidly.

Besides that, the Diamond Mine is only one place they take supplies to. The drivers chosen and the particular destination just happen to be the few chosen for the programmes. Either that or there are hundreds of trucks and truckers just parked up in the background of the lorry parks because they have nothing better to do with their time.

I'm off with my spear and my bow and arrows to hunt for a Woolly Mammoth to feed the clan for the rest of the winter. Keep the old cave warm until I return, I do so hate having to return to a cold cave especially when I have to repossess it from the odd itinerant cave bear.

I see no reason at all for those idiots to be running round chopping down trees and stacking up stones to build those silly new fangled hut things. What a total waste of time, they are not in the least bit necessary, the world will survive quite well without all those useless trivialities. :roll:

cullbucket
09-Feb-08, 06:51
put some ice road pics in the photography section

Ricco
09-Feb-08, 10:01
I'm off with my spear and my bow and arrows to hunt for a Woolly Mammoth to feed the clan for the rest of the winter. Keep the old cave warm until I return, I do so hate having to return to a cold cave especially when I have to repossess it from the odd itinerant cave bear.

I see no reason at all for those idiots to be running round chopping down trees and stacking up stones to build those silly new fangled hut things. What a total waste of time, they are not in the least bit necessary, the world will survive quite well without all those useless trivialities. :roll:

Watch out for yellow snow - those mammoths make an awful lot of it! :lol:

bothyman
09-Feb-08, 10:26
After 9.00pm they don't seem to dub out the bad language .
So you hear every word and it makes the scary parts even more scary, as many people watching it are probably saying exactly the same thing.:roll:

thebigman
09-Feb-08, 10:54
Strange how they don't complain about the lack of gritting :-)