PDA

View Full Version : Kerb crawling

skinnydog
02-Feb-08, 15:56
Did anyone see the bit in the Groat yesterday on kerb crawling? It was on the bottom of page 3. I wasn't aware that there was a major problem in Caithness but anyone out there care to enlighten me? Looks like an utter waste of public money........

changilass
02-Feb-08, 15:58
Having not seen the Groat I aint got a clue what you are talking about.

Any chance of giving us the jist of the story???

skinnydog
02-Feb-08, 16:07
Yeh, basically it is from the Scottish Government advising you that if you kerb crawl and get caught you will, apart from getting many other things, get a fine of up to £1000.

It then goes on about shaming your family, damaging your reputation, then it goes on about people being forced into prostitution by pimps etc.

The advert itself is very good, maybe it was me being niaive and thinking that kerb crawling was still to hit up here, maybe not!!

changilass
02-Feb-08, 16:13
Thanks skinnydog.

If there is a red light district up here I havn't heard about it, but I suppose if nothing else it is a warning for anyone heading south so they can't use the excuse that they didn't know.

Boozeburglar
02-Feb-08, 16:52
Geez, what are they gonna ban next?

How else am I gonna get home from the pub?

j4bberw0ck
02-Feb-08, 18:10
if you kerb crawl and get caught you will, apart from getting many other things, get a fine of up to £1000.

It then goes on about shaming your family, damaging your reputation

Makes you wonder why they don't just bring back the stocks, really. At least that's honest.

danc1ngwitch
02-Feb-08, 18:29
build a brothel, will create a few jobs[lol]

Bananas
02-Feb-08, 18:36
The kerb often crawls out into the road, or at least thats what Mrs B says happens, when she scrapes the alloy wheels!

sphinx
02-Feb-08, 18:44
never seen that in the groat!!!!!!

Phoebus_Apollo
02-Feb-08, 22:24

They could always use that big green field opposite the Weigh Inn - I`ve heard it`s free - hope it won`t block their view though..:roll:

johno
02-Feb-08, 22:29
heh heh , some where for all the perves their shoving up here to go, Eh.

matelot79
03-Feb-08, 14:44
I don’t know why they would need to build a brothel up here for professionals, to many willing amateurs.

johno
03-Feb-08, 19:08
only kerb crawling ive ever seen up here was patrons coming out o the pub,s.

:eek: [lol]

danc1ngwitch
03-Feb-08, 19:29
I don’t know why they would need to build a brothel up here for professionals, to many willing amateurs.
Oh i take offence for the amateurs, let em spread [lol] ( ok that was sick )

northener
03-Feb-08, 19:48

I've already filled in the application form;)

karia
03-Feb-08, 19:52
I've already filled in the application form;)

Didn't know you were in the building trade northener?:lol:

unicorn
03-Feb-08, 19:54
if they objected to Asda can you imagine the uproar:lol: knowing the Caithness jungle drums the residents will already be panicking. :lol:

WeeBurd
03-Feb-08, 20:06
if they objected to Asda can you imagine the uproar knowing the Caithness jungle drums the residents will already be panicking.

I've hear a rumour that Halkirk is more "open" to these things so maybe that's a better location. Now, I'm no offering to work it, but I will do a few hours on reception here and there [lol]!

northener
03-Feb-08, 20:21
Didn't know you were in the building trade northener?:lol:

Builder, fireman, whatever you want me to be, baby.