PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

mike.mckenzie
02-Feb-08, 14:59
I went to see this last night, you probably won't get it up in Thurso for a few weeks yet, but WOWZZZZZZ!!!

If you liked Lost, this will blow your socks off. Its got a lot of the JJ Abrams signatures, like the suspense and the intrigue sense of "what is going on" but because its not eked out to 5 series, its like a concentrated 2 hours! Amazing. Best film I've seen in years.

Geo
02-Feb-08, 15:59
Thanks for the review, I've been looking forward to this film since I heard about it. I was worried it couldn't live up to the hype but you've reassured me.

mike.mckenzie
02-Feb-08, 16:35
Interestingly, there was an ad for the new Star Trek film JJ Abrams is also making. Its a prequel to the 1960's TV series, and has Spok, Kirk et al when they were young just coming through the "academy"

Simon Pegg is Scotty, haha!

Geo
02-Feb-08, 16:55
Saw Pegg was Scotty and couldn't believe it. I mean he is a very good comedy actor but I just can't picture him as Scotty. I hope he surprises me.

sphinx
02-Feb-08, 18:47
ive been looking forward to seeing cloverfield myself sounds like its getting good reveiws

Snarfer
03-Feb-08, 01:35
Yea that cloverfield sounds great. I heard last year they were considering Robbie williams for the part of Kirk in the new startrek movie that god they came to they senses.