PDA

View Full Version : Holiday booked and counting!

porshiepoo
02-Feb-08, 13:51
Well, I've just booked my holiday for January next year and can't ruddy wait, especially with this cold snap now. We're off to Margarita Island for a couple of weeks with some good friends and as we're not taking the kids we've even upgraded our flights to premium class and our accommodation to Suites. :)
Anyone else been?

orkneylass
02-Feb-08, 15:47
Sounds great but where is it??? Indian Ocean??? carribean???

skinnydog
02-Feb-08, 16:13
Yes I was there, many moons ago now before it was really a holiday destination. I stayed in Porlamar. Back then hardly anyone spoke English but it wasn't a problem as the people were so laid back about life. It was fantastic, so cheap back then and really unspoilt. Fantastic beaches but where I went it wouldnt have been safe for kids as the water got very deep very quickly. Excellent food too. I went to Angel Falls on a side trip and that was amazing. Wish I was coming with you. I know you will have a fantastic time.

porshiepoo
02-Feb-08, 23:25
Hey Skinnydog, we're going to Pampatar which isn't so far from Porlamar and we're also hoping to do the trip to Angel falls.

Orkneylass, it's in the caribbean. It's a venezualan island located between Aruba and Trinidad. It's one of the islands that isn't in the usual hurricane path though - fingers crossed!